Preview Changes Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree BP, don't get this Higgins haters things.

Have met the guy once seemed pleasant enough. I think he is vastly overrated by many of our supporters, therefore when he plays an average game he does come in for more 'analysis' than some. Just do not think he is as skilful as made out to be, is not as good a decision maker as made out to be, merely an average to good AFL player. Certainly is ok at the level, just not as good as his reputation. Hardly his fault

Agree with this, the myth of Higgins is perpetuated by commentators, 'Silky' is his first name with some. To me he had the potential to be good, now he is just average. He happens to be of an age that we don't have which in some ways makes him more valuable but not $450k valuable.

I have given up on match committee. Roughy is clearly not fit and should be warehoused, what is the point? Bring in Talia and Fletch. Minson is rooted. Give Cordy and Campbell a go.

So:

Out: Roughy, Minson, Austin (it goes without explanation), Gia
In: Macrae, Fletch, Talia, Cordy

But what will happen??

Out: Grant
In: Macrae

But what will happen??

Out: Grant
In: Macrae

I get a strange feeling that Jones may get selected this week.. If that did happen who else to be dropped along with Spindleshanks?

"Unless ofcourse Jones is being held back to play finals with the Magoos

If we are talking about changes made from the coaches box on match days the answer may be NIL !

Toss a coin at selection this week.

Macrae about the only certain IN.

Boy am I not looking forward to this match up. I'd probably set the line at 10 goals.

Boy am I not looking forward to this match up. I'd probably set the line at 10 goals.

That's being generous, I think...Our defensive structure the last couple of weeks has been particularly bad, and we don't have anyone to contain a good power forward. They have Franklin, Tippet, Goodes and co. Morris will battle well on whoever he takes, but we will be ripped apart by their forwards. Buddy will probably kick 10. The goals will be supplied to them at a good rate as well, if our forward 50/midfield pressure doesn't lift. It has the makings of a big loss already. Also our long bombs into our forward line will be easily picked off. Personally Sydney's been my pick to win the premiership for a while now, and the result will most likely reflect what the match is; likely premiership contender vs rebuilding side.

That being said hopefully the defensive intensity lifts and we at least make life difficult for them, if not challenge, even though I view that as extremely unlikely.

Club has continually said that development is a priority over results at vfl level. So if the MC decide that Roberts or Talia will get better development playing some afl, they will be selected, regardless of any impact on vfl finals.

And they have continued to select contrary to that in my opinion. If they were selecting like that Roberts would never have been dropped after his last go.

Club has continually said that development is a priority over results at vfl level. So if the MC decide that Roberts or Talia will get better development playing some afl, they will be selected, regardless of any impact on vfl finals.

Clearly the MC don't think this or it would have happened 6 weeks ago. It can only be that they think VFL continuity (and a tilt at the flag) will equal LT gain at AFL level. Their actions and the form of all concerned points to this conclusion, or I know nothing about the game. I'm a coolaid drinker ... but not on this topic.

So does anyone know why Macrae was out last week? Also Jones has now qualified for VFL finals right? I think it's important he plays VFL finals, needs to just play as many games as possible.

So does anyone know why Macrae was out last week? Also Jones has now qualified for VFL finals right? I think it's important he plays VFL finals, needs to just play as many games as possible.
Listed as 'soreness' and Yes.

Last edited:
OUT--Austin,Higgins(injured was amazing on weekend) Gia Say no more-Campbell

Inn-Talia,Honneychurch,McCrae

Picken Roughead JJ

Talia Morriss Murphy

MCCrae Boyd Cooney

Bontempelli Crameri Hunter

Dal Jones Stringer

Minson Griff Libba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Dogs!

Just wanted your thoughts on match ups, Who gets the Picken tag? Who gets Buddy? Win Swans tag Griffin?

Just some thoughts, by all means make corrections.

Buddy- Roughead
Tippett - Morris
Goodes - ?

Griffin - Bird (if he plays)
Liba - Parker H2H
Hanners - Picken?
Jack - McRae
McVeigh - Boyd
JPK (if he plays) - ???

Crameri - Richards
Campbell - Grundy
Dhalhaus - Smith
Malceski ??
Shaw??

Any other notable match ups?

Hey Dogs!

Just wanted your thoughts on match ups, Who gets the Picken tag? Who gets Buddy? Win Swans tag Griffin?

Buddy- Roughead
Tippett - Morris
Goodes - ?

Liba - Parker H2H
Hanners - Picken?
Jack - McRae
McVeigh - Boyd
JPK (if he plays) - ???

Crameri - Richards
Campbell - Grundy
Dhalhaus - Smith
Malceski ??
Shaw??

The Swans will tag Griffen, I'd assume Bird going to him if he plays, otherwise do you have another tagger?

Picken is an interesting one, due to the fact that you have a lot of good players in your midfield. So draw it out of a hat, I'd say Hanners, otherwise maybe Parker maybe?

JPK won't play, there's no need to risk him. I'd say Malceski/Shaw will get Hunter/Grant.

None of our backmen are good enough to go with Buddy. I'd say Roughead would get Tippett if Roughy plays, otherwise Talia could. Morris will go to Goodes, and I'm hoping Roberts comes in to get a crack at Buddy. Otherwise we'll try Morris on Buddy, and if Austin stays in he goes to Goodes? Essentially, our tall forwards are going to kill us.

The one guy you might have to watch out for is Bontempelli, because if you don't play close attention to him he can cut you up. Not sure who on your list would be a good match for him though, if he's getting out of hand you might even try to put Bird on him to tag him?

Hey Dogs!

Buddy- Roughead
Tippett - Morris
Goodes - ?

Liba - Parker H2H
Hanners - Picken?
Jack - McRae
McVeigh - Boyd
JPK (if he plays) - ???

Crameri - Richards
Campbell - Grundy
Dhalhaus - Smith
Malceski ??
Shaw??

Roughy - Tippett
Morris - Buddy
Goodes/Reid - If he stays in, Austin :drunk:. Hopefully Roberts or Talia

You guys have tagged Griffen in the past but he always seems to smash out huge numbers against you, so maybe you'll put work into Libba instead, to stop our ball winning at the source.
Picken - I actually think he might go to Parker.
Rest of the midfield match ups will just be H2H.

You'd have more of an idea on how you guys would match up defensively, but I would take a guess at something like...
Dahlhaus - Smith. No doubt.
Crameri - Grundy
Campbell - Richards
Grant/Stringer - Malceski /Shaw. You guys don't really have a good match up for Stringer.

for the people calling for roberts to come in, im not sure the match committee will take a risk playing him in the seniors given his shoulders keep popping out. He is due to go in for surgery after GWS game so he will be ready for a full preseason. got that from vfl match committee member. That being said:
Out: Austin, Gia, Higgins
Ins: Talia, Macrae, Hrovat

Would also love to see Minson spelled for the year and play campbell cordy combo, or some form of fwd line consisting of redpath, jones, crameri & stringer + 2 smalls.

Roughy - Tippett
Morris - Buddy
Goodes/Reid - If he stays in, Austin :drunk:. Hopefully Roberts or Talia

You guys have tagged Griffen in the past but he always seems to smash out huge numbers against you, so maybe you'll put work into Libba instead, to stop our ball winning at the source.
Picken - I actually think he might go to Parker.
Rest of the midfield match ups will just be H2H.

You'd have more of an idea on how you guys would match up defensively, but I would take a guess at something like...
Dahlhaus - Smith. No doubt.
Crameri - Grundy
Campbell - Richards
Malceski /Shaw - Grant/Stringer. You guys don't really have a good match up for Stringer.
I think you will find Rampe will be a good match up for Stringer, Grundy has been taking the bigger forward this year so thats why I said Campbell and Grundy would match up. Richards is a bit quicker than Reg so he needs to go with Crameri.
I think tagging Parker would be a better idea of tagging Hanners as he looks like he is still a little bit away from his best.

The Swans will tag Griffen, I'd assume Bird going to him if he plays, otherwise do you have another tagger?

Picken is an interesting one, due to the fact that you have a lot of good players in your midfield. So draw it out of a hat, I'd say Hanners, otherwise maybe Parker maybe?

JPK won't play, there's no need to risk him. I'd say Malceski/Shaw will get Hunter/Grant.

None of our backmen are good enough to go with Buddy. I'd say Roughead would get Tippett if Roughy plays, otherwise Talia could. Morris will go to Goodes, and I'm hoping Roberts comes in to get a crack at Buddy. Otherwise we'll try Morris on Buddy, and if Austin stays in he goes to Goodes? Essentially, our tall forwards are going to kill us.

The one guy you might have to watch out for is Bontempelli, because if you don't play close attention to him he can cut you up. Not sure who on your list would be a good match for him though, if he's getting out of hand you might even try to put Bird on him to tag him?
I have a feeling McVeigh may go with the Bont to try and hurt him going to the other way. Jack may even take him but he might be a bit short.

I think you will find Rampe will be a good match up for Stringer, Grundy has been taking the bigger forward this year so thats why I said Campbell and Grundy would match up. Richards is a bit quicker than Reg so he needs to go with Crameri.
I think tagging Parker would be a better idea of tagging Hanners as he looks like he is still a little bit away from his best.
How strong is Rampe these days? I don't watch you guys that much, so most of my memory is of him back in his Williamstown days :p
Only reason I switched Richards and Grundy is that Campbell is pretty damn tall. More so if he just sticks his giant arms in the air. We're not know for our precise inside 50 work, so most of the time if we kick it to Campbell, it's sitting right on top of his head.
But yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see it the way you had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back