Preview Changes Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordy? Interesting. Can see second rucks coming back in a big way next year if the sub goes the way of the dodo. If he does play this week or next week, might be just a little bit of a taste and some reward for effort. If we're going to rest Will we should've done it 3 months ago.

Good to see some reward for Jong too, wouldn't mind seeing him play.

Be good to have Macrae and Hrovat back in, although at this point it just seems like damage control.

The Cordy/Campbell combo gets its chance.

You'd think Cordy would come in for Will, Macrae will come back as well I'd say.
Would think Cordy is definitely in, I don't think Campbell will cope as the #1 ruck for the entire match. Looking forward to seeing how Ayce goes.

Macca said that both Macrae and Hrovat will be back in this week in the presser so expecting to see them in.

FWIW the extended bench is Macrae, Tutt, Hrovat, Hunter, Darley, Jong and Cordy. Think we'll see Macrae, Hrovat, Jong and Cordy as the four there.

Pretty much have to play Cordy. Campbell can't ruck a full game by himself.

Macrae and Hrovat are definitely in as Macca said, so it'll be interesting who will come out, other than Grant. Roughy and Higgins were both concussed, but apparently both were fine.

Very happy to see Campbell get a run at first ruck. If Cordys not in too I will probably uncontrollably vomit for days, surely we wouldn't ask Campbell to do it alone, also without anyone who can give a decent chop out, surely not but it honestly wouldnt surprise me. Very keen to see how Cordy goes, please show something.

Backline just has me puzzled, cannot understand why we couldn't bring at least one of Talia or Fletch in, preferably both with Austin out but ahh well, looks like were persisting. This week though I just don't see what we can do, don't even have Wood to struggle against a tall. Would have liked Young in at the very least. Surely Stringer doesn't go back again? Maybe Jong gets a shot at one of their talls like Reid, I've actually wondered if he could play a Moz type role before, 190cm, and has the leap so that might be the idea here.

I'm surprised to see Higgins not named on the extended bench. For starters we rarely risk players after a concussion, and secondly, his game was...well, trash. Thought he would be an out for one reason or the other.
Going to be very very pissed if he's taking games from Darley now, just to * off at the end of the season. We really really need one/both of JJ/Darley to step up

If we're going to rest Will we should've done it 3 months ago.
Why :confused: He's our number 1 ruckman, whose had a good season. Makes perfect sense to give Campbell and Cordy a run for the last couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much have to play Cordy. Campbell can't ruck a full game by himself.

Macrae and Hrovat are definitely in as Macca said, so it'll be interesting who will come out, other than Grant. Roughy and Higgins were both concussed, but apparently both were fine.

Darley might be the unlucky one to miss out I reckon.

I had Higgins penciled in as an out, but then again I do almost every week.

What are everyone's thoughts on Grant? I think he was doomed to struggle in the absence of Jones and our forward entries, or pretty much any movement off half back, was absolute garbage. His game was poor, but can we put that down to Grant's flaws or the structure? My thinking is that he could go to a Hawthorn/Sydney/Freo and kick 40-50 goals in a year.
Why :confused: He's our number 1 ruckman, whose had a good season. Makes perfect sense to give Campbell and Cordy a run for the last couple of weeks.
I don't disagree that this is the right time to play Campbell/Cordy together, but Will's looked stuffed since about Round 10. It wouldn't have killed us to give him a rest, give the twin towers a go and have him fresh for the second half of the year.

I had Higgins penciled in as an out, but then again I do almost every week.

What are everyone's thoughts on Grant? I think he was doomed to struggle in the absence of Jones and our forward entries, or pretty much any movement off half back, was absolute garbage. His game was poor, but can we put that down to Grant's flaws or the structure? My thinking is that he could go to a Hawthorn/Sydney/Freo and kick 40-50 goals in a year.

I don't disagree that this is the right time to play Campbell/Cordy together, but Will's looked stuffed since about Round 10. It wouldn't have killed us to give him a rest, give the twin towers a go and have him fresh for the second half of the year.
Agree on Grant, should have been given another week. He is never going to be anything in the current set up we've got going though. Could absolutely see him kicking 40 in a good side.

Mmm I don't really buy into all the Minno talk. His year has been fine IMO

Very happy to see Campbell get a run at first ruck. If Cordys not in too I will probably uncontrollably vomit for days, surely we wouldn't ask Campbell to do it alone, also without anyone who can give a decent chop out, surely not but it honestly wouldnt surprise me. Very keen to see how Cordy goes, please show something.

Backline just has me puzzled, cannot understand why we couldn't bring at least one of Talia or Fletch in, preferably both with Austin out but ahh well, looks like were persisting. This week though I just don't see what we can do, don't even have Wood to struggle against a tall. Would have liked Young in at the very least. Surely Stringer doesn't go back again? Maybe Jong gets a shot at one of their talls like Reid, I've actually wondered if he could play a Moz type role before, 190cm, and has the leap so that might be the idea here.
They need both of Talia and Fletch for the VFL game, need to secure the top 2 spot for a home game.
No pointing taking them out for one game of afl when they can win a flag in vfl.

They need both of Talia and Fletch for the VFL game, need to secure the top 2 spot for a home game.
No pointing taking them out for one game of afl when they can win a flag in vfl.
I dunno I'd probably prefer to see them playing AFL tbh. If that was the case we probably wouldn't have brought in Cordy because now were left with Fort at VFL level.

I'm just going by the (Omitted) next to Will's name. I heard something about an injury and it might not be too severe, but you'd think it'd have been listed.
Agree on Grant, should have been given another week. He is never going to be anything in the current set up we've got going though. Could absolutely see him kicking 40 in a good side.

Mmm I don't really buy into all the Minno talk. His year has been fine IMO
Couldn't agree more. He's definitely the icing, and kudos to anyone trying to make it as a 6'5 forward down at Footscray, it's a bloody hard gig.

His year's been fine, but I think he could've been managed more effectively. Campbell needed to be played more often to take the load off, and when he was clearly struggling to get around the ground, I think he should've been rested. Can't complain about too many facets of his game though, he's been just as good in the ruck.

I actually don't think there's all that much to complain about this week. Will's cooked/injured and gets a week off, Cordy comes in. Macrae and Hrovat come back in, of course (best 22 when fit, form good), Jong and Tutt are rewarded for VFL form and Grant is dropped after an awful game (as much the team's fault as his, as far as I'm concerned).

We really need to figure out how to clone Bontempelli.
images

Of course Grant had a poor game not denying that but he did work hard and put his body on the line numerous times, didn't think his performance was droppable. Disappointing, hoping he could have had a crack at it these last few weeks.
Have we all agreed that Minson needs to come back refreshed for next year? Campbell/Cordy duo will be interesting as well to have a look at. Really don't see the point of Austin and Higgins, are they going to be there next year? No.
Jong could get a game as well which is good to note as well. One of him and Tutt to play for a bit of extra pace?

Kind of late in the year to see so many changes. This kind of thing should have been happening three or four weeks ago.

Really would have liked to have seen Redpath back in the team. He really didn't do much wrong in his couple of games.

With Minno out you'd have to think Cordy and Campbell ruck and then try and stretch them down back.

Out: Grant, Minson, Giansiracusa
In: Macrae, Hrovat, Cordy

No McGlynn, No Kennedy (has not missed for 125 games). I reckon we're a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back