Preview Changes vs The Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a baaaaaaad feeling on this one.

Redpath should not be playing this week. Tarrant had a field day against him and he's not that great.

I've got a baaaaaaad feeling on this one.

Redpath should not be playing this week. Tarrant had a field day against him and he's not that great.
What's the bad feeling? We lose and the AFL decide to make it a 12 point round?

That would mean they are paying longer odds than are real. I.e. you are suggesting they are paying more out than the real possibility. The shorter the odds the more likely something will happen so why would they offer longer odds (will pay more if we achieve that goal) than is actually the likelihood of us achieving that goal? I think you will find they do the opposite.
Yeah i mean the opposite - as in they offer worse odds than reality. But then think that means I got my earlier post backwards about which way it would move :$.

Agree with many here. Really surprised Red is still in. Gives him an easy game against the worst defence in the league. If he kicks a few and keeps his spot he will line up against Talia who will take him to the cleaners even more than Tarrant. I Could see Boyd at least break even in most of the contested balls while jack just runs underneath. Talia would still beat Boyd but I could see our other players benefit from the spills while with Jack the opposition just marks the ball.

Agree with many here. Really surprised Red is still in. Gives him an easy game against the worst defence in the league. If he kicks a few and keeps his spot he will line up against Talia who will take him to the cleaners even more than Tarrant. I Could see Boyd at least break even in most of the contested balls while jack just runs underneath. Talia would still beat Boyd but I could see our other players benefit from the spills while with Jack the opposition just marks the ball.
After our last game against the crows I think you'll see talia go to stringer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After our last game against the crows I think you'll see talia go to stringer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would play Talia on Red but play off him and double team Jake when he is inside 50. IF Talia plays on Jake, Jake will play from the HBF a lot and up the ground and lose him with his pace. With Red he will just zone off him just like Tarrant.

Stringer and Crameri are our number 1 and 2 forwards. Redpath is the spare parts key position player. Ruck, deep forward, lead up forward, even played some kpd last week. He offers flexibility that Boyd doesn't, and Bev loves flexibility. Allows him to play an extra runner.

Boyd needs to get fitter and start taking contested marks. Until then, hopefully only one preseason away, I'm happy with Redpath in the team ahead of him.

Super excited to see the kids step up and own the team this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lose and Adelaide win to get the home final. I don't like us losing all that experience, that's half our back line.
We'll be right. Not much we can do about the N vs A game, Roos have put paid to that, but Roberts looked good last week after a slow start and we'll interchange plenty of run through the vacant Murphy and Moyd spot.

Reckon tom Campbell will be feeling a bit stiff, didn't do a lot wrong before being injured.

I guess this means we will be going into the finals with Roughead as the number 1 ruck?

Suggesting I'm not? Because if you know my post history I'm ecstatic to see the Dogs play finals. But forgive me for being for being a little disappointed as I haven't been able to see our team play for years.

Woah tagger! In my humble opinion, I would rest a 200 gamer in order for that player to be ready to go in a final. You're disappointed. I'm not. We'll agree to disagree.

Very happy to see Roberts back. I think he is vital to our defense, can play on the really big boys and is another great intercept marker. Means Hamling and Morris (Cordy this week), don't have to punch above their weights.

I think our ideal defensive set-up is Roberts, Hamling, Morris, Wood and then the smalls. Very versatile and some excellent markers too.

Thought Boyd would've come back in this week but not too worried about that. Couple of down weeks from Big Red but his had a really solid year and I'm not displeased to see he gets another chance. Hopefully he can step up this week.

13 players under 50 games
1 player over 100 games
0 players over 150 games
Average games 47.05
Median 40.5
Total games 1035 (by comparison Hawthorn are usually over 3000)
4 teenagers (Z.Cordy, Daniel, Webb, Bontempelli)
6 players over 25
Average Age 23.45
Median Age 22.84

However ... this 22 has averaged 14.86 games this year which means they aren't a bunch of Norf-like ring-ins. Only Zaine (1), Goodes (7), Webb (9) and Daniel (9) have played fewer than 10 games in 2015 and two of those would almost certainly have played more senior games but for injury.

13 players under 50 games
1 player over 100 games
0 players over 150 games
Average games 47.05
Median 40.5
Total games 1035 (by comparison Hawthorn are usually over 3000)
4 teenagers (Z.Cordy, Daniel, Webb, Bontempelli)
6 players over 25
Average Age 23.45
Median Age 22.84

However ... this 22 has averaged 14.86 games this year which means they aren't a bunch of Norf-like ring-ins. Only Zaine (1), Goodes (7), Webb (9) and Daniel (9) have played fewer than 10 games in 2015 and two of those would almost certainly have played more senior games but for injury.
That is ridiculous. Wow. Love the drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back