Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I know he is your man but thats just not true
I'm not doing calculations right now (high and going to bed) but eyeballing it 1.7 clangers from 19 touches is better than just about all the guys who get a bit of the ball. The meme that he's some massive turnover machine negating all his other good work is positively *ed. Like Mitch Robinson *ed.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm not doing calculations right now (high and going to bed) but eyeballing it 1.7 clangers from 19 touches is better than just about all the guys who get a bit of the ball. The meme that he's some massive turnover machine negating all his other good work is positively ******ed. Like Mitch Robinson ******ed.

Yeah but I tried using the clanger argument about Dom Tyson earlier and it turned out Ablett was the number 1 clanger king so that blew up in my face

Grimes clangers are team crippling testicle destroying soul sucking horrors ( AKA Jordie Mckenzie set shots )

I know it looks like we're tall, but really we match WCE for talls roughly.

We have Gawn, Pedo, Dawes, Fitz, Jamar, Frawley, McDonald + Watts, Dunn and Garlo who'll play as mid sized players

They have Naitanui, Cox, Lycett, Kennedy, McGovern, Mackenzie, Brown + Darling and Schofield as mid sized players.
Yeah sure, but why would we try to beat them at their own game? All their talls are much better than all of ours.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah sure, but why would we try to beat them at their own game? All their talls are much better than all of ours.

I heard on the footy show that the eagles are 17th from playing on after marks and somehow we are 15th
This could be the slowest most boring 100 point loss ever

butters88

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep he was a wasted talent for us after a brilliant 2009 season but that doesn't mean he won't utilize it for you.
Cause Melbourne are all time greats at extracting the best from players.

Stoked to see Fitzy get a game, even more to see Frawley go back... Yet somehow cant really get interested in this game

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Yeah but I tried using the clanger argument about Dom Tyson earlier and it turned out Ablett was the number 1 clanger king so that blew up in my face

Grimes clangers are team crippling testicle destroying soul sucking horrors ( AKA Jordie Mckenzie set shots )
Ablett gets more of the ball than anyone else in the league, of course he's going to have a high volume of clangers. Grimes' clangers are brought up because you've made a crusade out of it. There were a bunch of posts on Grimes one miskick on the weekend and not a word for the 5 combined between Vince and Kent in the 10 minutes either side of it. It's nothing more than a confirmation bias in an echo chamber.

Ablett gets more of the ball than anyone else in the league, of course he's going to have a high volume of clangers. Grimes' clangers are brought up because you've made a crusade out of it. There were a bunch of posts on Grimes one miskick on the weekend and not a word for the 5 combined between Vince and Kent in the 10 minutes either side of it. It's nothing more than a confirmation bias in an echo chamber.

Kent had 3 out on the full's in a row - ******* infuriating.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Kent had 3 out on the full's in a row - ******* infuriating.
To be fair I reckon we had 4 or 5 out on full from forwards not leading to the ball which meant pressured kicks were going 50 meters down the line. As much as I'm not a fan and don't want to make excuses for him I reckon Dawes is carrying an injury. He wasn't even tackling on the weekend. He doesn't seem the cue in the rack kind of guy. (with his talent you kind have to be a full effort guy)

To be fair I reckon we had 4 or 5 out on full from forwards not leading to the ball which meant pressured kicks were going 50 meters down the line. As much as I'm not a fan and don't want to make excuses for him I reckon Dawes is carrying an injury. He wasn't even tackling on the weekend. He doesn't seem the cue in the rack kind of guy. (with his talent you kind have to be a full effort guy)

50 is a bit generous mate! One may have been, the other two would have been lucky to be 35.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Oh im kinda off the Grimes hate train now, after I convinved a bunch of people that he is a s**t kick the fun is gone from it, he isnt really better or worse than anyone else on the list its just annoying cause he was supposed to be one of our good players

Grimes was one of my favourites in his first couple of years but we have well and truly melbourned him

Also Re Dawes I reckon your right, I was thinking the same thing watching him, he isnt moving smoothly at all and I think he's carrying something aswell
I also wonder if Jack Viney is carrying something because he has dropped right off the pace in the second half of the season

Oh im kinda off the Grimes hate train now, after I convinved a bunch of people that he is a s**t kick the fun is gone from it, he isnt really better or worse than anyone else on the list its just annoying cause he was supposed to be one of our good players

Grimes was one of my favourites in his first couple of years but we have well and truly melbourned him

Also Re Dawes I reckon your right, I was thinking the same thing watching him, he isnt moving smoothly at all and I think he's carrying something aswell
I also wonder if Jack Viney is carrying something because he has dropped right off the pace in the second half of the season

Maybe Dawesy isn't as mentally tough as he likes people to think he is?

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Maybe Dawesy isn't as mentally tough as he likes people to think he is?
Maybe there's only so much of playing next to James "just doing enough" Frawley a guy can handle before it rubs off on him.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
He would have to be ok to build a career when he can't mark, kick or handball the thing
He is basically a dinosaur ruckman who cant ruck
If he's not tackling anymore we could bring in Toumpas to do his job and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back