Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Arguably the best clash jumper ever made. I honestly don't like the Lion on it though; I think it looks a bit weird on the white/maroon funnel yoke overlap.

Should have just had the maroon funnel on it.
I thought the same thing, I'd rather not have the Lion on it.

Overall though it's a big improvement, club is really moving forward.

I like it, Wouldn't mind a maroon outline on the Lion rather than Yellow on white but it's by far the best we have seen.

Yeah a dark edge on the Lions probably would have given it some definition.

Love the clash jumper - Lixy_ says that the Lion doesn't need an outline - "it'd look too tacky with a stroke around it".

Wondering if digital enhancement of the yellow may be making it paler than it really is.

Love the clash jumper - Lixy_ says that the Lion doesn't need an outline - "it'd look too tacky with a stroke around it".

Yeah, she's right.

Someone posted this on the footy jumpers board... diminishes the Lion somewhat.

91040_6f0e3c6a9019020d795354703a99b846.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite like it.

Arguably the best clash jumper ever made. I honestly don't like the Lion on it though; I think it looks a bit weird on the white/maroon funnel yoke overlap.

Should have just had the maroon funnel on it.

I'm trying to imagine the reaction of a large and vocal percentage of Lions supporters if the club had dared to produce a jumper with no lion at all...

How come there are still paddle pop lions on the shorts and on the badge thingy down the bottom of the guernsey?

Logo remains the new Lion looking straight at the "camera" and the jumper was the only thing that changed back to the sideways view of the Lion.

I quite like it.

I'm trying to imagine the reaction of a large and vocal percentage of Lions supporters if the club had dared to produce a jumper with no lion at all...

Which was my next concern.

For me, the Bears side of the merger may have felt disenfranchised and a little 'left out' by having a jumper that had no Lion on it all and was purely Fitzroy based. Having the lion satisfies all fans as its a Brisbane Lions symbol.

If they wanted to absolutely nail it, they should not have even bothered with the funnel and left it as standard maroon yoke (similar to the one which appeared on the Jonathan Brown 250 game jumper).

Although while I type this, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

The outlined version looks best, imo. I think it may have even been better without the lion (it looks a little bit slapped on) but it's still better than any other clash jumper the Lions have had.

Unfortunately there are some pointless maroon lines down the side that some people may not have noticed.

Classy. It incorporates traditional elements while utilising the constraints of a white clash jumper.

Especially when comparing to others like the Crows etc the club has done a great job. Best clash in the league.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back