Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is well deserved and a great gesture by the club that you and presumably a couple of others receive a 'player issue' guernsey.:thumbsu:

Steele Tallon kicks all kinds of ass.

90 each for members with the option to pay 9 a month for 10 months with the loyal lion payments, as well as free postage.

Otherwise about 110 each

No I mean how much were the full price Paddlepops earlier in the year? Seems like they've made the new ones much more affordable.

No I mean how much were the full price Paddlepops earlier in the year? Seems like they've made the new ones much more affordable.
Sorry I misread that one.

I got the 2013 Kooga versions for 30, with the 2014 BLK ones being as low as 50 I believe.
I think new, early, they were about $130 from memory. The new one is $110 before discounting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-VFL for the Roys was 1883-1897.
I'm lead to believe that there was no guernsey design before this one. This is the only pre-VFL one.

According to Mobbenfuhrer we wore Majenta once back then when Maroon wasn't available as it was getting shipped from England. But I can't see the Lions bringing that back

Are we keeping the front facing Lions head as our logo on certain things?

Kids seem to love it, every time i wear my polo which has it on the left hand side they seem to be all over it.

Might get some young Lions on board if we keep it for some items.

That was my preference, however the AFL require a white clash (despite Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood to an extent being exempt to this rule...) and that was confirmed by the club when I called them.
I know I'm in the minority here (with Eddie of all people), and it sounds ridiculous, but I actually think Collingwood's black stripes on white looks a lot different to their white stripes on black.

I know I'm in the minority here (with Eddie of all people), and it sounds ridiculous, but I actually think Collingwood's black stripes on white looks a lot different to their white stripes on black.

I agree with your sentiment, however the white with black stripes is still not adequate to avoid a clash, or satisfy the AFL's criteria of a dominantly white jumper.

Any word on whether the long sleeve will revert to maroon sleeves?

Would look silly if the sleeves were blue.

...and while we are on colours, why do we insist on having blue as our main colour for merchandise. I refuse to buy any tops that are predominately blue.

There has only been one ladies top I liked and that was two years ago.....but it was only in size 8:eek:...haven't been that for about 100 years!

..as I've said many times....our main colour is maroon!

Lets show our proper colours.

I have to disagree, I hate the maroon as the main colour of the tops and hats. I have the last 4 member caps and hate the maroon coloured ones. But absolutely love the Blue or predominately blue ones (with the yellow and maroon thrown in as secondary colours).

I have never bought a polo because I don't wear them but would definitely not buy a maroon coloured one. I would take a blue or even Yellow one before the maroon (and taking yellow is saying something lol)

I agree it is our main colour..... for our players on field uniforms\kits but Maroon for the public I disagree with, something about it puts me off the merchandise. Way prefer blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back