2nds Channel 7 get VFL Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Not defending anyone, I've just never been that needy when it comes to technology. My TV is 26 inches and 5 years old but it does the job.

HD telecasts are definitely better, but I'm not going to throw a hissy fit about having to settle for SD. Are there not more important things to worry about? People these days aren't willing enough to put up with what they're given IMO.

Putting up with what you're given and being happy with mediocrity aren't great traits to have.

How do you progress to the future if you're happy with the below-par past

Putting up with what you're given and being happy with mediocrity aren't great traits to have.

How do you progress to the future if you're happy with the below-par past

I just have to respond. Are just really suggesting that because he is not fussed about watching footy in hd it's not a great trait to have? How can you possibly make judgements on what is important to someone else and infer that not being fussed about hd is having low standards. Don't get me wrong I love hd but there are a million things in life that are more important to have high standards in than watching footy in hd. I know many people that are very successful and in their chosen field have incredibly high standards who barely know what hd is. With respect that is a very ignorant comment.

I just have to respond. Are just really suggesting that because he is not fussed about watching footy in hd it's not a great trait to have? How can you possibly make judgements on what is important to someone else and infer that not being fussed about hd is having low standards. Don't get me wrong I love hd but there are a million things in life that are more important to have high standards in than watching footy in hd. I know many people that are very successful and in their chosen field have incredibly high standards who barely know what hd is. With respect that is a very ignorant comment.

I clearly stated that putting up with what you're given and being happy with mediocrity aren't great traits to have.

Good/bad tv was just an example

Kinda works both ways. I completely get what you're saying, but if the world were run purely by people just "happy with what we've got" then maybe we'd still be watching TV on 68cm tube TVs in black and white. Remember when 68cm (32" effectively) was lounge room size?

If the world was run by people who were happy with what they've got we'd be hunting our food and sleeping in caves. I mean, I like camping but that's a bit much, even for me.

Fortunately it takes all types and I don't see the point in judging anyone for being one way or the other.

Still don't understand why 7 can't broadcast in HD on Mate (even if it's only upscaled) at the same time as their primary channel. They still have another goddamn channel for separate programming even with those two taken...

If the world was run by people who were happy with what they've got we'd be hunting our food and sleeping in caves. I mean, I like camping but that's a bit much, even for me.

Fortunately it takes all types and I don't see the point in judging anyone for being one way or the other.

Of course I'm all for advancement, however the quality of my TV doesn't have any tangible impact on the important things in life (e.g. my health, my family and my bank balance) so I'm not really bothered. It's the epitome of a first world problem!

I clearly stated that putting up with what you're given and being happy with mediocrity aren't great traits to have.

Good/bad tv was just an example

You clearly inferred that Abba Lonie had bad traits because he was not fussed about hd tv. Everyone has things in their life that they prioritise in terms of importance and things that are not so important. Suggesting they accept mediocrity because of their opinion on tv reception IMO is ridiculous.

Of course I'm all for advancement, however the quality of my TV doesn't have any tangible impact on the important things in life (e.g. my health, my family and my bank balance) so I'm not really bothered. It's the epitome of a first world problem!

Sounds good to me. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back