Channel ten

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm honestly surprise 10 has lasted this long, I thought they would be dead by now. They must be on their last legs by now.

funny you say that:

http://www.theage.com.au/business/i...k-is-in-a-downward-spiral-20140625-3atjo.html

thought this para was most telling:

James Packer, in my view, only took an interest in Ten to further his main agenda of enhancing the value of his then-pay television investments in Foxtel and Fox Sports. He has since sold these for a healthy price and no longer has any need to influence Ten's programs. He quit the board a couple of years ago.

funny you say that:

http://www.theage.com.au/business/i...k-is-in-a-downward-spiral-20140625-3atjo.html

thought this para was most telling:

James Packer, in my view, only took an interest in Ten to further his main agenda of enhancing the value of his then-pay television investments in Foxtel and Fox Sports. He has since sold these for a healthy price and no longer has any need to influence Ten's programs. He quit the board a couple of years ago.

That has always been that campaigner Packers ambition. Notice that slowly ten started losing every sporting event they had? Then one HD was transformed from a 24hour sports channel to the terrible mess that it is now with almost no sport on the channel. Look at how many different sports ten has lost in the past couple of years (I detailed it a few pages back).

Their current "top shows" are under performing too, Offspring, Puberty Blues, Master Chef and The Biggest Loser are all severely down on their previous ratings. Offspring looks like it will be the last season too as they're now over the tax free 66+ episode threshold and the execs don't want to be paying any extra for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not hard to see the budget cuts at Ten have kicked in.Weather presenters are now in the studio on Ten News.
Mike Larkan [Melbourne] seems to be in a different studio to Quarters.Tonight weather was just comical.After the first graphic it just crapped out and I don't think Mike knew.At one stage the camera crossed back to Quarters when it shouldn't have.

I think these guys must've been running the show tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back