Chaplin vs Boak - The rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers supporters are the only supporter base who have any sort of a problem with Travis Boak. Even Crows supporters rarely have a bad word to say about him. The fact that Troy Chaplin was the one guy who managed to drive Travis to one momentary lapse of professionalism in his otherwise unblemished career says a lot more about Chaplin and what his former teammates think of him than it says about Boak.
Nah it makes Boak a sook. He teared up a bit.

'Comment', not comments. You won't find another flog comment made by Travis Boak. In his 8 year career, the only thing that has ever driven him to that point is the floggish way that Troy Chaplin has conducted himself since leaving the Power, both on and off the field.
How has Troy conducted himself? He did a jumper tug that EVERY RFC player has done at some point. But Boak's comments are pretty funny. Embarrassing is the word I'm looking for.

What has Chaplin done?

Wrote a letter to the players (a letter, mind you, he didn't have the balls to do it face to face) when he left which essentially said that the club was irredeemably flawed and wouldn't be able to repair itself in time to make finals during his career (and of course, we've made the finals in both years since then).

Had a crack at Port supporters during his first interview as a Tiger, complaining about the horror of some fans of his AFL team occasionally coming up to him and wanting to have a chat in a shopping centre.

Celebrated a goal against his old club by grabbing his jumper, running straight at the nearest Port player and trying to start a fight. Couldn't give two shits about the aeroplane thing personally, but the first celebration was highly disrespectful. Matt White kicked what could be the goal of the year against his old club and didn't do anything beyond a run-of-the-mill celebration, Troy Chaplin kicked a 30 metre set shot after an uncontested mark against his old club (the first thing he'd done all day, by the way) and celebrated like he'd just kicked goal of the year.

Nah it makes Boak a sook. He teared up a bit.

Find me another example of Boak being a 'sook'. Just one will do. You won't find one, because Boak has been a consummate professional throughout his entire career apart from one press conference where Troy Chaplin's incredible floggishness got to him.

Last edited:
Wrote a letter to the players when he left which essentially said that the club was irredeemably flawed and wouldn't be able to repair itself in time to make finals during his career (and of course, we've made the finals in both years since then).

Celebrated a goal against his old club by grabbing his jumper, running straight at the nearest Port player and trying to start a fight. Couldn't give two shits about the aeroplane thing personally, but the first celebration was highly disrespectful. Matt White kicked what could be the goal of the year against his old club and didn't do anything beyond a run-of-the-mill celebration, Troy Chaplin kicked a 30 metre set shot after an uncontested mark against his old club (the first thing he'd done all day, by the way) and celebrated like he'd just kicked goal of the year.

Find me another example of Boak being a 'sook'. Just one will do. You won't find one, because Boak has been a consummate professional throughout his entire career apart from one press conference where Troy Chaplin's incredible floggishness got to him.
Why do I need another example? It's in black and white. Big fat juicy tears. :D

Can't believe you made a cry baby captain. I'm genuinely shocked. It's obvious despite all the remarks about how you guys don't rate Troy that deep down you miss him. He took a match saving mark today so it's understandable that the offended runs through you.

He left Port ..... for some reason he is a chip on their shoulder, for someone who cant kick for s**t and is slow and unaccountable they sure do let it get to them :cool:

Maybe rubbing dirt into the face of the team that started his career causes the hate towards him? Not to mention he couldn't even face his team mates at the time to tell them he was leaving.

Put it this way. How would it make you guys feel if that goal Matt a White kicked on the run was the goal to win the game for us and then he went on to carry on in the same way Chappy did? If you say it wouldn't make your blood boil you'd be lying.

Well it's obvious that you guys are treating this thread as an extension of Bay 13, so I'll leave you to it. As long as you know that Troy Chaplin is the one and only person who has acted like a big enough flog to make an otherwise consummate professional and fantastic leader in Travis Boak react like that in his entire career. Nobody at the club has a bad word to say about Danyle Pearce or Shaun Burgoyne, but Chaplin is different. If that's a source of pride for Tigers fans, then so be it.

Didn't white grab his jumper after a goal in like his 1st game for Port?

Didn't white grab his jumper after a goal in like his 1st game for Port?

Did he grab his jumper? Yes.

Did he grab his jumper against his old club? No (if White, or Schulz for that matter, had grabbed their jumper after a goal against the Tigers, I wouldn't be denying for a second that it was a flog act).
Did he grab his jumper to deliberately antagonise his opposition rather than to celebrate his first goal at his new club? No.
Did he then immediately start a fight with the nearest opposition player? No.
Did he write a letter to his old teammates telling them how s**t their club is (not having the balls to address them face-to-face) and then have a crack at Richmond fans in his first interview as a Power player? No.

Maybe rubbing dirt into the face of the team that started his career causes the hate towards him? Not to mention he couldn't even face his team mates at the time to tell them he was leaving.

Put it this way. How would it make you guys feel if that goal Matt a White kicked on the run was the goal to win the game for us and then he went on to carry on in the same way Chappy did? If you say it wouldn't make your blood boil you'd be lying.

Personally I couldn't give a stuff, Matt White is a Port Adelaide player now, just like Schulz is now and just like David Rodan was before them you need to get over it. :thumbsu:

Did he grab his jumper against his old club? No (if White, or Schulz for that matter, had grabbed their jumper after a goal against the Tigers, I wouldn't be denying for a second that it was a flog act).
Did he grab his jumper to deliberately antagonise his opposition rather than to celebrate his first goal at his new club? No.
Did he write a letter to his old teammates telling them how s**t their club is (not having the balls to address them face-to-face) and then have a crack at Richmond fans in his first interview as a Power player? No.
Does it matter who it was against? White did it for his first goal for port and I believe Chaplin did it for his first or maybe second goal for Richmond. It was a close game and a game we just needed to win so adrenaline was pumping after he kicked it.
Also he wasn't trying to start a fight, he was giving it to the opposition (something many, many, many players do)
White may have written a letter, neither of us know either way.

Wouldn't care as much as if any other player did it. I would be more worried that we lost the game then an ex players celebration. The difference seems to be Richmond fans like white and are fine that he left. Port fans still seem quite mad about Chaplin leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers supporters are the only supporter base who have any sort of a problem with Travis Boak. Even Crows supporters rarely have a bad word to say about him. The fact that Troy Chaplin was the one guy who managed to drive Travis to one momentary lapse of professionalism in his otherwise unblemished career says a lot more about Chaplin and what his former teammates think of him than it says about Boak.

We don't really have too much of a problem at all with Travis Boak IMO. If anything people probably dislike Koche more around these parts. Many said that what Chappy did was a bit "distasteful" but none of us know what's being said out there prior to the incident...it was in the heat of the battle and obviously a response to something (Matt White, verbal sledging...? who knows). But at the end of the day, I don't think that we have more of a problem with Boak/Shulz/White than Port fans have with Chaplin. There's not really much in it for mine. Koches a tossa though, that's 100%.

Were Port Adelaide players in Chaplin's ear telling him how well he was going throughout the game and how their season was done? Almost certainly.

And every player goes to a new club and talks about why they have a positive outlook. Angus Grahem went to Adelaide and said he would be their #1 ruck and they trained better and harder than us FFS!! haha It happens every time.

You guys and your players were just overly upset because he was in the first crop of FA's that left in the "desire for greener pastures" and before nothing of that kind had happened. Your players have been overly critical since and were absolutely giving him lip during the game....so....it's a bit childish to take the "Chaplin" the only bad guy attitude.

Cliffs:
-Chaplin left as a FA and made the usual comments when joining a new club
-Port Adelaide hated it because it was the first crop of FA's and haven't let it go
-Chaplin reacted to verbal/media pressure with a distasteful celebration
-Boak reacted to Chaplins "last laugh" type celebration and wanted to appear in control
-Tigers fans think it's funny that the subtle dig at "the rest of our season" has added pressure on himself
-Port fans are upset because they think we are unfairly judging Boak

We are enjoying our season thank you very much you smug arrogant young man!
Chaplin had every right to celebrate kicking the winning goal at that stage of the year.
Especially when Chaplin does not get forward to kick many.
Your comments & that of your arrogant President re Jake King & our club smacked of massive disrespect.
Hopefully come 6pm Sunday you have a new found respect for this great club!
Gut Em Tiges Eatem Alive!

How has Troy conducted himself? He did a jumper tug that EVERY RFC player has done at some point. But Boak's comments are pretty funny. Embarrassing is the word I'm looking for.

Not to mention matty white has done the same too at his new club. Bunch of princesses getting all twisted up about it.

It was Chaplin's first goal as a Tiger. :rolleyes:

What, do you think he'd give a jumper tug after a big spoil? Spare me, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back