SwampRat

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2008
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool
My stepson is playing colts this year in the South West Football League (WA). Each ground charges $10 entry to games (Colts, reserves and league play one after the other). That's fine, but players are also charged $10 entry. That seems bizarre to me to not only charge to see some entertainment, but to charge the entertainers as well.

Anyone else have experience with this?

My stepson is playing colts this year in the South West Football League (WA). Each ground charges $10 entry to games (Colts, reserves and league play one after the other). That's fine, but players are also charged $10 entry. That seems bizarre to me to not only charge to see some entertainment, but to charge the entertainers as well.

Anyone else have experience with this?
Fair go mate that sounds so scabbish. Club's aren't run these days on the sniff of an oily rag. All clubs need to make a dollar to survive let alone prosper. Even in the juniors a jumper is worth $60 plus per player, a ball (brand new) is worth over $100, public liability insurance and all the other costs associated with game day make it hard for clubs to breakeven on game day. Never heard of the term 'user pays'?:mad:

Fair go mate that sounds so scabbish. Club's aren't run these days on the sniff of an oily rag. All clubs need to make a dollar to survive let alone prosper. Even in the juniors a jumper is worth $60 plus per player, a ball (brand new) is worth over $100, public liability insurance and all the other costs associated with game day make it hard for clubs to breakeven on game day. Never heard of the term 'user pays'?:mad:

They're charging entry for fans (family mostly) and players. I've got no issue having a match fee for each player, but if you're there trying to make a buck from spectators getting in as well, it seems a bit of a cash grab. When I played amateurs, we had registrations plus some match fees, but we didn't charge friends and family the privilege of watching us play. There are far more spectators than players. This club would be taking far more in spectator fees than match fees. Seems they want it both ways.

We're paying to see a form of entertainment, and the entertainers are paying for the privilege.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back