Fundraiser Charity (All-Stars) Exhibition Series - DONATE TO PLAY

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty SFA community has elected to support beyondblue as its organisation of choice ahead of our first charity exhibition series. The aim of this series will be to raise awareness and money towards something that we are passionate about. Though we rarely step away from the fantasy aspect of this game, we have shown that there are many among us who have experienced some of the hurdles that life has to offer. One of these struggles is depression/anxiety. The efforts of beyondblue to raise awareness and provide resources for recovery, management and resilience are well worth our support.

This is our chance to show our support and do something more. In a way, we are our own little community. A strange, sick, twisted community, but a community at that. And this is our chance to do some good in an area where many of us have experienced the difficulties either directly or indirectly.

pMjc3x3.jpg

- SO the Series will be held as a BEST OF 3 simulated games. The games will take place on the 8th, 9th and 10th of February.

- The 10th of February is a Tuesday, and the Round 1 game threads for Season 19 will go up at the conclusion of the final game of the Charity All-Stars Exhibition Series. This will serve as our intro to Season 19.

- TO PLAY in the All-Stars Exhibition Series, simply donate to the cause. A page has now been setup on Everyday Hero that is linked up to beyondblue and set up for our event. Any donation makes you eligible for selection in the Charity All-Stars Exhibition Series.

- From the pool of donators, two captains will be chosen. The captains will then complete a "draft" of eligible All-Stars players, with the top 10 selections each being conducted publicly.

Please note that there is no minimum or maximum donation required to be eligible to play. We understand that each person here is in different financial positions. Some may be able to donate plenty, some a tiny amount. Many will not be able to donate at all, and that is absolutely fine as well. There certainly won't be pressure, but this is our chance to give what we can to the cause.

ALL DONATIONS can be made here: https://give.everydayhero.com/au/bigfooty-sfa-community-charity-match

*Note - When donating you will be asked to fill in two sets of details. One is your display details, you can simply enter your Bigfooty username here. The site has complete anonymity and only your BF username will be seen. The second is your actual details so they can send a tax receipt.

*More info on donation deadlines for eligibility will be made available down the track.

Bloody awesome cause, is there are chance this could be put on the main board, it would help generate interest in the league and for the cause

Considering it's a best of 3 games, does this mean there's a high chance almost everyone who donates (if there are more than 40) will get a chance to play at least 1 game?

Bloody awesome cause, is there are chance this could be put on the main board, it would help generate interest in the league and for the cause
Will be discussing with the chiefton what our options are.
Considering it's a best of 3 games, does this mean there's a high chance almost everyone who donates (if there are more than 40) will get a chance to play at least 1 game?
Affirmative. Unless we get an unprecedented amount of support we should be fine to form squads that could be rotated through the 3 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will definitely pay if I can find a way. Any suggestions? Note that I can't use my credit card as I'm a minor. How does cash work? Do I send something via mail?

P.S: I'm *ed when it comes to this stuff.

I will definitely pay if I can find a way. Any suggestions? Note that I can't use my credit card as I'm a minor. How does cash work? Do I send something via mail?

P.S: I'm ******ed when it comes to this stuff.
Paypal

There is a cash option, which I'd assume would be mail.

Otherwise you can link your bank account (if you have one) to paypal and pay that way?

With no Credit Card?
I don't have a credit card.

I just link my bank account to paypal, and transfer money to paypal for whenever I want to pay for stuff online.

Only drawback is that it takes 3 to 4 working days for money to transfer.

Give the money to me :thumbsu:

Not that I think it'll happen but what happens if we don't get enough donators to make the 2 squads/teams?
If that happens the match will go ahead with 'bot' players. Random celebrities, AFL players, league legends...Whatever. Hopefully we don't have to worry about that though.

If that happens the match will go ahead with 'bot' players. Random celebrities, AFL players, league legends...Whatever. Hopefully we don't have to worry about that though.
I think we will be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back