Scandal Charlie Curnow refuses breath test (result: licence suspended for 2 years, $4000 fine)

Remove this Banner Ad

So he's probably a 3rd round pick then
Sliding to 56 at Geelong…:cool:

Wells strikes again….

Not a chance in hell but worth a shot…

Go Catters

Couldn't be more wrong mate. Has a great heart and great intentions and grown up surrounded by great people. Complete opposite of a ' typical private grammar school type'. Grown up on a farm in a small town on the coast. Just made a silly mistake and if he weren't a draft prospect it wouldn't even be in the news.
Stop drinking and driving Charlie and you'll be fine

I have read numerous quotes about Curnows incident strictly being a "one off" etc. Spoke to someone this morning who knows the kid fairly well and said that young Ed loves a drink so I'm a bit pessamistic on this being a "one off" incident. Having said that, i can't see it affect his draft order selection to dramatically. Still think he will end up Carlton with his brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have read numerous quotes about Curnows incident strictly being a "one off" etc. Spoke to someone this morning who knows the kid fairly well and said that young Ed loves a drink so I'm a bit pessamistic on this being a "one off" incident. Having said that, i can't see it affect his draft order selection to dramatically. Still think he will end up Carlton with his brother.
Would be a bit surprised if that's true about Ed loving a piss up, as he and his sister as far as we know are consummate professionals as athletes. But then again one could still enjoy a drink in the off-season even with that being the case I guess.

Unless Charlie is a total left field moron, IMO we shouldn't have too much to worry about as long as he knuckles down and trains hard.

Here's the problem with AFL and drafting/recruiting issues. They don't care about:
- breath testing refusals
- cocaine abuse
- physical violence e.g. breaking jaws
- domestic violence
- social media misdemeanours
although they claim they do.

There is only one crime. Do not criticise AFL hierarchy even if there is reason to do so.

Automatic licence loss for 2 years if you refuse a breath test. That's been legislated for years to close a legal loophole people were exploiting.

He's screwed now. Likely needs to pay the Magistrates Court a visit as well.
Don't quote me but at least he doesn't have a 'positive reading' of 0,28 or whatever. Id suggest he did the smart thing after smashing a few coldies down. :)

What, drink drive? Yeah, smart stuff. Real culture contributor for the Blues.
He probably just stupidly drank a beer or two as a P plater like some of my dumb idiot mates do, and didn't want to get done.

Obviously, that's illegal as a p plater. Difference between that and smashing down ten pints and then driving.

What, drink drive? Yeah, smart stuff. Real culture contributor for the Blues.
You're right, as opposed to the culture of bending over for opposition players and teams year in and year out on-field. 2016 will be the 10th year in a row you finish bottom 8, the winning culture is strong at Demonland :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back