Rumour Charlie Dixon not going anywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you'd want to see some return on the six years of patience and development your club has invested in him? Especially as he (on paper) appears perfectly suited to step into that second ruck/forward role (led the VFL in goalkicking last year, leading it again currently) that Hale typically occupies.

Surely you'd want to see some return on the six years of patience and development your club has invested in him? Especially as he (on paper) appears perfectly suited to step into that second ruck/forward role (led the VFL in goalkicking last year, leading it again currently) that Hale typically occupies.
No, because I see a guy with very low footy IQ. He should've and would've been delisted last year if not for having 1 yr left on his contract.

No, because I see a guy with very low footy IQ. He should've and would've been delisted last year if not for having 1 yr left on his contract.

I understand it's a lower level, but how is he "getting away with" being a dumb footballer at VFL level, to be leading the league in goalkicking two years running? What's he able to do or allowed to do at that level that he'd wouldn't be able to do at AFL level, especially considering Hawthorn's elite footskills and delivery into the forward line?

Looks like this one has some weight. In the Herald Sun today:

Aish, a disappointment in his two years at Brisbane, might be traded for a pick between 15-20, but that won't get Gold Coast forward Charlie Dixon across the line.

Dixon seems closer to staying at the Suns, if Gold Coast can bump an initial offer believed to be about $400,000 a season over four years to something neare to $500,000.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back