News Charlie Dixon - Traded to . . . ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to lose Charlie , more so because he is a Qld boy . Seems as though Sam McClure has been right all along so credit to him , and should have respect for future Scoops"" . With that being said Charlie is going to be in the top 5% paid players in the league next year and Compo has to reflect that or get bloody close to it . Pick 10 has to be a base , can see another player or draft pick be included . All in all we should wish Charlie goodwill , he has taken a godfather deal and you cant begrudge , we would all do the same in his boots.

Personally Im shattered as a foundation member of our club, and an ex PAFC member. I've always rated Dixon and always a bit of a barometer for us, and no doubt will be for PAFC. I would hope we could negotiate a deal to get one of Ports top 5 mids even if we have throw in more of our picks or another player. Gorringe, Tape, Mckenzie.
Even got a photo with Charlie with my 8month old daughter at the time playing with his beard. Was a unique and unexpected experience. Suffice to say wife is dissapointed, and I am too. Sad day for the club in my opinion, with our very first player of the club departing.

Our top 5 mids? You are thinking Boak, Wingard, Wines, Gray, Polac ? LOL seriously...

Jared Polec, Matt White and Jay Schulz where supposed to be tyre kickers until they got a fresh start at another club.

Andrew Moore was pick 9 in the draft and played both of Port's finals last year. How many players you got on your list that have played a prelim?
He was sub both finals and struggled with the tempo. 5 games this year with no impact at all. Enough said.

This has been on the cards for sometime with the details worked out. Club is happy to see him go so I suggest terms have already been agreed.
I like and rate Dicko but let's be honest Lynch is much better and 2MP is waiting in the wings. Pick 10 for a guy that could be anything or nothing sounds about right

Sad to lose Charlie , more so because he is a Qld boy . Seems as though Sam McClure has been right all along so credit to him , and should have respect for future Scoops"" . With that being said Charlie is going to be in the top 5% paid players in the league next year and Compo has to reflect that or get bloody close to it . Pick 10 has to be a base , can see another player or draft pick be included . All in all we should wish Charlie goodwill , he has taken a godfather deal and you cant begrudge , we would all do the same in his boots.
Pick 10 would be tops given his ankles I would have thought (what finally put the Hawks off apparently).

Those boots deserve a medal - having to support those ankles !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Robbie Gray is probably in the top 5 best players in the competition and a SA bloke.
Dixon is a QLD bloke, money talks as you can see. It's a hypothetical, don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Gray is not in the top 5 in the comp. I realise Adelaides fishbowl over inflates its players coming from SA myself. Maybe top 10, definitely top 20 though.

Because Robbie Gray is probably in the top 5 best players in the competition and a SA bloke.

Your kidding right? He's your best player and you don't know where he's from.

Robbie Gray is born and bred Victorian (that's why he's a good footballer along with your 2 other best mids).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Gray

Dixon is a QLD bloke, money talks as you can see. It's a hypothetical, don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Gray is not in the top 5 in the comp. I realise Adelaides fishbowl over inflates its players coming from SA myself. Maybe top 10, definitely top 20 though.

Definitely top 10 in the comp - reminds me so much of Gazza - if he was offered in a trade the only player on our list I would baulk at is the real Tom Lynch

Pick 10 would be tops given his ankles I would have thought (what finally put the Hawks off apparently).
I've been seeing these posts around Big Footy and they piss me off to no end. Using the excuse that his ankles are shot as justification of why the Suns should get unders is completely ridiculous. If any club is offering a five year, $600k p/a contract, it doesn't ******* matter if he has dodgy ankles. If his ankles are so bad, why would any club even consider him as a player, let alone offer a contract as ludicrous as that?

There's every chance his body will completely fall apart, just as there's a chance he will play every game in 2016. It's a chance. Port Adelaide is obviously willing to take that chance, which is why their contract offer is so substantial. Trying to offer scraps using the reasoning of prior injuries while offering a huge contract is just plain stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back