Traded Charlie Dixon [traded w/ #49 to Port for #10 and 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree, he is a hulking forward and a beautiful kick for goal. if his ankle holds up he would be the dominate bigman on the league. and we all know people pay for the power forwards

You are gonna laugh but I disagree ..

In no way would he be the dominate key forward in the league if he played 22 games. Average his best ever tallies over 22 games and you get 88 marks and 57 goals a year..

Compared to Kennedy who at his rate this year equates to 147 marks and 79 goals ...

Yes dixon is a hulk of a forward. Yes competitive forwards are highly sought after. No dixon would not be the dominant big forward of the comp if he stayed on the park.

"If his ankle holds up" ..... we cannot ignore the fact that he cannot stay on the park. That is in-built to the situation.

You are gonna laugh but I disagree ..

In no way would he be the dominate key forward in the league if he played 22 games. Average his best ever tallies over 22 games and you get 88 marks and 57 goals a year..

Compared to Kennedy who at his rate this year equates to 147 marks and 79 goals ...

Yes dixon is a hulk of a forward. Yes competitive forwards are highly sought after. No dixon would not be the dominant big forward of the comp if he stayed on the park.

"If his ankle holds up" ..... we cannot ignore the fact that he cannot stay on the park. That is in-built to the situation.

You are right, with consistent game time under no duress there is no way he will improve :rolleyes:

You are right, with consistent game time under no duress there is no way he will improve :rolleyes:

He didn't say improve. He specifically said dixon "would be the dominate big man of the league".

How speculative is it to say if Dixon didn't have ankle injuries , put some consistent games together with out them recurring , then improved....Oh no not just improved...To be the dominant forward of the league. so better then Kennedy , franklin , Roughead , Cameron and tom lynch and the list could go on.

That is entirely speculation ..it is pretty fanciful to be honest.

He didn't say improve. He specifically said dixon "would be the dominate big man of the league".

How speculative is it to say if Dixon didn't have ankle injuries , put some consistent games together with out them recurring , then improved....Oh no not just improved...To be the dominant forward of the league. so better then Kennedy , franklin , Roughead , Cameron and tom lynch and the list could go on.

It is fair to assume that if he managed to string a full season + pre-season together he would improve, therefore averaging stats over the course of a season could be viewed as misguided logic. Especially considering how many games Dixon plays in whilst hampered with an injury (remember him limping around the second half the other week?)

Anyway, I agree it is fanciful to speculate that he would become a dominant KPF, but he has certainly got the talent and IMO worth a top 10 pick in a trade.

You caught me out, well done :rolleyes:

I will correct the statement to hopefully better meet your standards, "I believe Dixon would be the dominant power forward in the league if he gets his ankle right" yes it is a big OPINION on my part. Having watched ALL of Dixons games I believe a healthy Charlie is unstoppable. Is it fanciful maybe, is it just an opinion, yes, is it possible, absolutely.

does anybody know why Dixon wants to go to Port Power?
not meaning to be rude, but who would choose Adelaide as a place to live over anywhere in Queensland, definitely Melbourne & certainly Perth as well?
I'm a GWS fan, yes, but I live in the great city of Melbourne & love it.
sure the team is OK, but why not Freo who are screaming out for a tall forward, Melbourne who could use a tall forward to partner Hogan, or even the exciting Bulldogs?

not meaning to be rude, but who would choose Adelaide as a place to live over anywhere in Queensland, definitely Melbourne & certainly Perth as well?
sure the team is OK, but why not Freo who are screaming out for a tall forward, Melbourne who could use a tall forward to partner Hogan, or even the exciting Bulldogs?

Great club that is well set up and in a very good place right now. Hinkley and Shaun hart are also probably a big part of why he wants to come here. We have a very good young list that has every opportunity at playing finals going forward. Adelaide is a very easy going and liveable City that is cheap to live in , easy to get around in , has absolutely stunning beaches just to the south of the city that take sfa time to drive to. The only people who think that adelaide is a s**t city are those that don't live here and buy into the bullshit spouted elsewhere. Yeah I'm sure it's lovely on the Gold Coast , and Melbourne. I could go surfing at a beautiful beach in the south in the morning and be in the Barossa in the north having lunch at a beautiful winery on the same day. Heaps of great bars and a lively nightlife unless your some dunce that doesn't know where to go. I Work part-time and study and I live in the beautiful eastern suburbs 8mins from town in one of the nicest suburbs around. What other major city could a student live that close to the city , in a affluent suburb , and not living in a shoebox?

$500,000 wouldn't buy you a studio apartment on the Gold Coast. Here you could live like a king.

He is very close with Hinkley, which is the main pull, plus he wants more money then we are willing to offer him (not sure how much port have offered) It also doesn't hurt that he loves his red wine, with all the vineyards down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$500,000 wouldn't buy you a studio apartment on the Gold Coast.
the heck

A close family member of mine recently bought three bedroom, two bathroom, 2 carport, ocean view apartment in Broadbeach 50m from the beach for less than that.

That number is way off.

the heck

A close family member of mine recently bought three bedroom, two bathroom, 2 carport, ocean view apartment in Broadbeach 50m from the beach for less than that.

That number is way off.

Well colour me surprised. I've vaguely seen stupid prices for property in qld and many other major cities in oz. am I really that wrong that Gold Coast property is much more expensive then Adelaide?

I've certainly been to friends places in syd where they are renting shitboxes for twice the rent and half the space I'm paying. I have been led to believe gc is similar even if not as bad as syd..

Well colour me surprised. I've vaguely seen stupid prices for property in qld and many other major cities in oz. am I really that wrong that Gold Coast property is much more expensive then Adelaide?

I've certainly been to friends places in syd where they are renting shitboxes for twice the rent and half the space I'm paying. I have been led to believe gc is similar even if not as bad as syd..
I know Brisbane is stupidly overpriced, but by comparison, GC is a hell of a lot cheaper. I'm purely talking about apartments though. There are so many highrises dedicated purely to private housing that the market is totally saturated, hence the price.

Nowhere near as bad as Sydney. The affordability on the Goldy is surprisingly friendly. Not sure how a house with a back yard and a pool compares, but apartment complexes are cheap as chips. Buy up if you're interested :p

A done deal to the Power according to Sam 'Scoop' Maclure. 3.5 million over 5 years.. Ridiculous money

That's crazy money for an unproven quantity with a history of injuries, but I think its a risk Port had to take. Guess this means Schultz will be moved on ??"

That's crazy money for an unproven quantity with a history of injuries, but I think its a risk Port had to take. Guess this means Schultz will be moved on ??"
Tredrea seems to think we started getting heavily into Dixon when Schulz baulked at the money we were offering because we a shoring up our budget to outlay fields of gold to wines and wingard

It works out fairly neatly Freo who must know they're quickly running outta time want a proven KPF, jay get his $ and we possibly get Dixon Gc get pick 10 everybody's happy

I doubt many if any port fans would begrudge Schulz the man has been a warrior for us for a long time now if he wants his golden parachute over potential success can't blame him shame hi and Dixon in the front half would be erection worthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back