Rumour Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what you mean by this post? What do you mean by politically showing something on field? And signing staff to the detriment of losing Rich and Mayes?
The staff, admin and coaching, need to deliver results on field so they might buy both Dixon and Tippett to achieve that next season. Once the Lions are knocking on the top eight and the staff have their contracts extended the real cost of the success hits home as Rich and Mayes can't get the deals they want.

It's the same as a coach brining in experienced players (Tutt, Jones) when they know the club is in poor shape because they need to get wins to have their contract extended. Really they should be working players into different roles and letting games go in the short term to have a better side later - but AFLmedia and public supporters can't deal with that.

Four weeks is forever in footy.

But they wouldn't do that deal with Freo if they are smart. Brisbane Yes.
Leaving Dixon available for us, Probably depends on Tippett, but he did have family in Qld. Swans will realize that with both buddy and Tippett
on the books, without cola they have salary cap issues.

Tippett was heading to Brisbane for family reasons initially but was then miraculously convinced to go to the Swans.

Charlie's not kicking well, but he is playing well.

Mike 91,

When you are a forward and you are not kicking well you are not playing well, it is not rocket science - Having Charlie Dixon playing for the Dockers, is like giving the Eagles an extra player when we have a showdown each year - I reckon let Brisbane pay the big bucks and have him and then they will have two Duds along with Daniel Merritt on their list - That will be one key defender and one key forward we, but unfortunately all other clubs won't have to cover each game - Duds are not wanted at Freemantle, moving forward smart players only please and with Weller waiting until round 18 (even though I saw him as a ready made AFL Player when drafted) they all have to earn their jumpers and rightly so at Freemantle - We have done well out of QLD with Spurry (Via SA) and Weller - Give the other less gifted recruiters a chance to pick up the non proven big and small men or boys who can't play. As said before there are a mountain of great ready made AFL players waiting for their chance, playing in all leagues around Australia - Not just the feel good athlete's, that for some reason via the AFL recruiting programmes, that we spend sh-t piles of money on to eventually prove to everyone that they can't actually play the game that they were not born to play, this game is the one when given as a kid a Sherrin at 3 years of age, the players to be kick it and the rest will try and eat it - Mum and Dad's game, our game, the game of AFL.

Mike 91,

When you are a forward and you are not kicking well you are not playing well, it is not rocket science - Having Charlie Dixon playing for the Dockers, is like giving the Eagles an extra player when we have a showdown each year - I reckon let Brisbane pay the big bucks and have him and then they will have two Duds along with Daniel Merritt on their list - That will be one key defender and one key forward we, but unfortunately all other clubs won't have to cover each game - Duds are not wanted at Freemantle, moving forward smart players only please and with Weller waiting until round 18 (even though I saw him as a ready made AFL Player when drafted) they all have to earn their jumpers and rightly so at Freemantle - We have done well out of QLD with Spurry (Via SA) and Weller - Give the other less gifted recruiters a chance to pick up the non proven big and small men or boys who can't play. As said before there are a mountain of great ready made AFL players waiting for their chance, playing in all leagues around Australia - Not just the feel good athlete's, that for some reason via the AFL recruiting programmes, that we spend sh-t piles of money on to eventually prove to everyone that they can't actually play the game that they were not born to play, this game is the one when given as a kid a Sherrin at 3 years of age, the players to be kick it and the rest will try and eat it - Mum and Dad's game, our game, the game of AFL.
o_O

Mike 91,

Lola.jpeg

When you are a forward and you are not kicking well you are not playing well, it is not rocket science - Having Charlie Dixon playing for the Dockers, is like giving the Eagles an extra player when we have a showdown(???) each year - I reckon let Brisbane pay the big bucks and have him and then they will have two Duds along with Daniel Merritt on their list - That will be one key defender and one key forward we, but unfortunately all other clubs won't have to cover each game - Duds are not wanted at Freemantle, moving forward smart players only please and with Weller waiting until round 18 (even though I saw him as a ready made AFL Player when drafted) they all have to earn their jumpers and rightly so at Freemantle - We have done well out of QLD with Spurry (Via SA) and Weller - Give the other less gifted recruiters a chance to pick up the non proven big and small men or boys who can't play. As said before there are a mountain of great ready made AFL players waiting for their chance, playing in all leagues around Australia - Not just the feel good athlete's, that for some reason via the AFL recruiting programmes, that we spend sh-t piles of money on to eventually prove to everyone that they can't actually play the game that they were not born to play, this game is the one when given as a kid a Sherrin at 3 years of age, the players to be kick it and the rest will try and eat it - Mum and Dad's game, our game, the game of AFL.
o_O

not sure if serious - flanders.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article in this morning's Australian saying we are frontrunners in bid for Dixon. Supposedly have offered 5 year deal between 700,000 and 750,000.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ns-charlie-dixon/story-fnca0u4y-1227466979956

Several reports this year and even as late as last week that Brisbane have offered Dixon a lengthy contract worth $750,000 a year are wrong according to the Lions, who are still working through their proposal.

In negotiations with Dixon’s Queensland-based agent, the Dockers have trumped any offer Brisbane will be prepared to pay, by promising to deliver on a five-year deal for him to move west for between $700,000 and $750,000 a year, pending a fitness assessment.

The Lions — even with the knowledge that Dixon has a chronic ankle problem that has regularly flared and forced him to miss games — are discussing their offer at list-management level, but it is understood their deal will not be much beyond $600,000 annually.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ns-charlie-dixon/story-fnca0u4y-1227466979956

Several reports this year and even as late as last week that Brisbane have offered Dixon a lengthy contract worth $750,000 a year are wrong according to the Lions, who are still working through their proposal.

In negotiations with Dixon’s Queensland-based agent, the Dockers have trumped any offer Brisbane will be prepared to pay, by promising to deliver on a five-year deal for him to move west for between $700,000 and $750,000 a year, pending a fitness assessment.

The Lions — even with the knowledge that Dixon has a chronic ankle problem that has regularly flared and forced him to miss games — are discussing their offer at list-management level, but it is understood their deal will not be much beyond $600,000 annually.

Is that direct from the article mate?

Geez if we could manage to snare Dixon this year and McCarthy this or next along with the ability to leave Pearce down back, I think we have our KPP issue solved.

We sound desperate don't we.

I assume it would be pending a medical evaluation.

Yeah pending a medical.(In bold)

With out a doubt we need a KPF, and I think he is a good one therefore he is worth the cash. If we get him, we will be top 4 next year.

Geez if we could manage to snare Dixon this year and McCarthy this or next along with the ability to leave Pearce down back, I think we have our KPP issue solved.

Yeah a direct quote.

Yeah pending a medical.(In bold)

With out a doubt we need a KPF, and I think he is a good one therefore he is worth the cash. If we get him, we will be top 4 next year.

Yeah a direct quote.

Does a medical include any dependency's as we might have to buy Charlie a Pub to keep him occupied if he comes, as what that brings is one of his great passions.

Gee I'm getting excited. Pav can go around again too and then we can go back to back:p

Does a medical include any dependency's as we might have to buy Charlie a Pub to keep him occupied if he comes, as what that brings is one of his great passions.
I think you may have the drinking problem,judging by your irrational posting on this subject.
Anybody with half a clue can see what this bloke could add to a team .......if fully fit ?? which is a big if but a risk we will probably take due to necessity of nabbing a class KPF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back