Cheap booksites?

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I've purchased books off bookdepository before and the prices were around 18-20 dollars. Is there anywhere I can get books cheaper, or is that around the norm for books online?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Depends on what you're looking for. My recommendation is to go to booko and look up the book you're after. It will then search through about 30 different online bookshops, listing the various prices (including shipping). BookDepository usually comes out very close to the top of the list.

If you prefer to support local sites, then I usually find Fishpond to be the cheapest place to shop in Australia.

BetterWorldBooks, cheap and you get the feelgood factor of helping promote literacy around the world. New and used, get a description of the quality of used books.

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
If you are into audiobooks, then eBay yields a lot of people selling cheap audible (part of amazon) credits.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
If you guys don't mind used books then awesomebooks.com has some great deals. Usually 2.5 pounds for a used book, which is about $5 AUD. I think half of my book collection has come from there
Cheers sounds great.

Forgot to add 'booko' that compares the prices of many online book stores.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
I've started going to Op Shops in the past year and found some amazing stuff. Today I went out to about 15 Op Shops in Perth, around Victoria Park, Belmont, Cannington and Willetton and came home with 40 books and would have spent less than $100. Got some great books - Coetzee, Confederacy of Dunces (lost my original copy), John Irving, John Banville, an Iain Sinclair book I've looked about for ages, John Updike, Tom Wolfe, Michel Houellebecq, JG Ballard, a replacement Solzhenitsyn I lost, Luke Rhinehart. It's a pretty good day out too. Most of the shops are clustered together so you drive to one suburb and there's three or four shops very close to each other and the old girl looks for clothes while I look at the books. I've found heaps of other great stuff that costs $15 to $20 online or ebay and it only costs a maximum of $5 at these shops. The only thing is you can't obviously aim to find a particular book, you just have to get what's there.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
AbeBooks looks pretty good. I got some BookWorld vouchers for Xmas and they are really, really slow. Only just sent the last two books on Friday and they are a bit pricey compared with everyone else.

Back