Cheap Flights

Remove this Banner Ad

Any one interested in going to Adelaide for game against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on 11th June, Tiger have flights for $28.

You can get a return flight for $56, departing Melbourne on Thursday 9th and returning on Sunday 12th.

Any one interested in going to Adelaide for game against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on 11th June, Tiger have flights for $28.

You can get a return flight for $56, departing Melbourne on Thursday 9th and returning on Sunday 12th.
Cheers mate, any links for this?

Yowza. At that price I'm nearly tempted to drive 4 hours west, to fly 2 hours east!

If you're going Tiger, I wish you luck.

Would feel more secure strapped to the wings of a seagull. Probably get there quicker as well.

That's fine. One less person to compete with for cheap fares.
I've travelled with them at least 10 times and never had an issue. I understand that some people have, but so have people that fly Jetstar.

That's fine. One less person to compete with for cheap fares.
I've travelled with them at least 10 times and never had an issue. I understand that some people have, but so have people that fly Jetstar.

When you get on a plane, get taken off, then back on again and then spend an hour on the tarmac (1 hour flight) while they look for some piece of equipment, it's easy to have your views clouded.

However, that's just my experience.

You get what you pay for I guess.

Last edited:
Little bit pointless, but I'm in the aviation industry...

...Tiger are perfectly fine. They are also the most "on time" airline in the country. **

Their only real problem is that they have such a small fleet of aircraft here so they can't just swap and change when inevitably small things do go wrong. (Just as they do with all the other airlines, it's just that it's not as noticeable.)

I don't hesitate to fly with them when it's fits.

(** Altho, having such a small fleet size and relatively few flights per day definitely helps in that area.)

Oh, but having said all that...I assume everyone is also aware of the Jetstar price match offer? Jetstar will beat any comparable flight ("comparable" being same route and within 1 hour either side of departure time. Tiger specials included.)
The real benefit here is not necessarily the 10% you save (a whole $2.80 in this case!), but they don't charge the credit card fees either, so in this case the price match would be exactly $25.20.
Gold.

Little bit pointless, but I'm in the aviation industry...

...Tiger are perfectly fine. They are also the most "on time" airline in the country. **

Their only real problem is that they have such a small fleet of aircraft here so they can't just swap and change when inevitably small things do go wrong. (Just as they do with all the other airlines, it's just that it's not as noticeable.)

I don't hesitate to fly with them when it's fits.

(** Altho, having such a small fleet size and relatively few flights per day definitely helps in that area.)

Oh, but having said all that...I assume everyone is also aware of the Jetstar price match offer? Jetstar will beat any comparable flight ("comparable" being same route and within 1 hour either side of departure time. Tiger specials included.)
The real benefit here is not necessarily the 10% you save (a whole $2.80 in this case!), but they don't charge the credit card fees either, so in this case the price match would be exactly $25.20.
Gold.

Good post.

Are you saying Jetstar never charge a credit card fee or only when they price match.

I have a debit mastercard so I don't have to pay Tiger's booking fee anyhow.

Good post.

Are you saying Jetstar never charge a credit card fee or only when they price match.

I have a debit mastercard so I don't have to pay Tiger's booking fee anyhow.

Nice.

We always use POLI for no charge for Jetstar, but yeah, no fee on the price match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetstar have Melb-Adel at the minute fly one way return free. Not as cheap as tiger but still pretty good. Sadly the Cairns game is outside the available date range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back