Gym & Misc Cheap home gym equipment

Remove this Banner Ad

All I have is a bench, medecine ball, matt and adjustable dumbbells. works fine for me now and while I'd love to have more, I simply don't have the room to justify it. I'm able to do excercises for each part of my body and dumbbells allow for my stabalization muscles to get to work and help with cheating.

Recommend 'Energize Now' as cheap adjustable dumbbells. No issues with them thus far.

^^ Wall-e love the avatar, greatest Unplugged set ever!

This is my gym, it has been growing for the last 5 years or so. Basically just scoring cheap gear when gyms/sporting clubs upgrade.
bens_gym1.jpg

Anyone know any places where I can buy some quality second hand gym equipment from?

Looking to get my very home gym set up ASAP.

Have my eye on eBay and Gumtree, but yeah a lot of overpriced cheap stuff mainly on offer.

How much time do you have to waste?

You could pick up weights at garage sales.

Bit of time as Uni is over.

At the moment am just going around the decent gyms around my area getting the free trials. At a joint now with a sauna and pool, lovin' it but ridiculous membership prices (like most).

Bit of time as Uni is over.

At the moment am just going around the decent gyms around my area getting the free trials. At a joint now with a sauna and pool, lovin' it but ridiculous membership prices (like most).

What kind of gear are you after?

I've got a bench you can have if you want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kind of gear are you after?

I've got a bench you can have if you want

I'm after a fair few things. Would like an incline leg press machine, hamstring curl, quad extension and standing calf raise machine (for legs). For upper body I'm not 100% sure. I like a few of the machines, as they can specifically target certain muscles, but also dumbbells and barbells to provide some variety. I know it'll cost me a fair bit though.

Nuh that's fine re: the offer, I'm hoping to see an ad somewhere consisting of a package type thing which'll basically give me one for nothing. ;) Save it for yourself. Thanks though :)

I'm after a fair few things. Would like an incline leg press machine, hamstring curl, quad extension and standing calf raise machine (for legs). For upper body I'm not 100% sure. I like a few of the machines, as they can specifically target certain muscles, but also dumbbells and barbells to provide some variety. I know it'll cost me a fair bit though.

Nuh that's fine re: the offer, I'm hoping to see an ad somewhere consisting of a package type thing which'll basically give me one for nothing. ;) Save it for yourself. Thanks though :)
I been trolling gumtree found this you might be interrested in http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tarneit/gym-fitness/gym-equipment-for-sale/1009804157#..he's got no price in it so can only guess want he wants for it.

Cheers buddy might shoot him off a message in the next couple of days. :thumbsu:

For those that really want to do it on the cheap, I made my own medicine ball (old soccer ball, filled with sand) and chin up bar (U-bars from Bunnings attached to back pergola cross beam). Looking for a cheap, 2nd hand home gym and I'll be happy with everything I have as I also have a 240 litre wheelie bin and an ice maker than I fire up during the season for Sunday recovery.

Have been looking on ebay for a while now and have missed some bargains due to being busy or forgetting that home gyms were ending. A couple that people missed and went for $10 or less and were pretty reasonable quality. Just waiting for the next one for people to miss!!!

I did notice little bloke fitness have a power rack on clearance I think it's about 420 smackaroos.
Has anyone had any experience with the Force USA power rack? I can't afford the commercial, but I was still looking for something new. I found one from a local store, so I can save on the shipping (http://www.aussiefitness.com.au/p/force-usa-home-power-rack-combo/F-HPR). The only thing is that every thread I've seen says the MM power rack is the better choice. Any advice?

Has anyone had any experience with the Force USA power rack? I can't afford the commercial, but I was still looking for something new. I found one from a local store, so I can save on the shipping (http://www.aussiefitness.com.au/p/force-usa-home-power-rack-combo/F-HPR). The only thing is that every thread I've seen says the MM power rack is the better choice. Any advice?
I am not sure mate I'm still going to the gym unsure whats the best/safe to buy others might be able to help you. I dont want you to spend that much and its stuffed in 6 months.

Just a heads up, BIG W has the Guy Leach version of the TRX was 98 down to 49. I have had one for 12 months and they are as tough as and would easy give a 100kg + bloke years of use. The only difference to the TRX is the ratchet to increase/decrease the length isnt as smooth.

$48 is a bargain for the best bit of home gym equipment going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back