Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Check out my band

Thanks mate. Yeh i am the vocalist, not afraid to admit that after reading comments on here either. Those of you who dislike the vocals clearly aren't fans of thrash metal pioneers like Kreator and Testament, as that is the style of vocalist i am, but that's fine, I'll just ignore you and your blissful ignorance.
This is good man I enjoy it your singing is actually pretty good just needs some fine tuning and I think its the recording not doing it justice. Nicely arranged good stuff. stay metal \m/

Here are two songs from me. They are 80s style electronic songs. I hope you enjoy them:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ld2sby2ydn9eu9

http://www.mediafire.com/?vfzw1ww4kw7dmjk

Do let me know what you think.
Hey mate,

Had a listen to Neon Lazerbeams, this is really cool stuff. You wear your influences heavily on your sleeve, but that doesnt take away from the fact that its just good fun music. I would see this working really well in a throwback video game setting.

Keep it up

I'm assembling a bunch of songs and verses that I've made over the years and re-releasing them as EPs. The first one was completed today:

http://theranger.bandcamp.com/

It's hiphop but this first EP falls under the umbrella of "Nerdcore" and features tracks about D&D, Final Fantasy, Return of the Living Dead etc.

Heres a little mix i did about a month ago to check out.. Will have a new one in the coming weeks -
http://soundcloud.com/scottgoldman/goldy-every-dawg-has-its-day

artworks-000050709297-8s150r-crop.jpg

If anyone has written music they want acoustic or electronic drums put to, I am more than happy to do it. My strengths are rock genres (soft/pop, hard/alt and everything between) but can dabble in metal if it isnt too hardcore as well.

I am trying to master the dark art of recording and always love working on new project too so send me a DM if you want anything done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any here go out and play at pubs/restaurants/events/etc?

Got a friend who has a heap of talent, won numerous talent quests and so on. They aren't sure the best places of which to frequent/participate, but they would like to get noticed by a significant audience(s) and get some warranted recognition. Thanks in advance.

Any here go out and play at pubs/restaurants/events/etc?

Got a friend who has a heap of talent, won numerous talent quests and so on. They aren't sure the best places of which to frequent/participate, but they would like to get noticed by a significant audience(s) and get some warranted recognition. Thanks in advance.

Singer/songwriter acoustic stuff or full band?

Singer/acoustic covers mostly... Will gradually make their own stuff

Theres no real way to fastrack your way to good audiences. Open mike nights can be a god way to meet other like minded artists, but wont bring you instant success.

I would reccomend getting one good song, and perfecting it. Get it recorded and properly release it. Use this as your marketing tool to find other artists and set up gigs that way.

How do you go about releasing? Do you mean say publish it on the net (website) / free iTunes download / etc?

From what I gather, my friend has done a fair few open mic nights.. not a heap though in recent times. Any prominent ones you aware of?

How do you go about releasing? Do you mean say publish it on the net (website) / free iTunes download / etc?

From what I gather, my friend has done a fair few open mic nights.. not a heap though in recent times. Any prominent ones you aware of?

None specifically, you just need to treat them like a businessman would a "networking evening" its a chance to hone your skills to an audience who isnt there for you. If you can get them interested and on board.....your probably doing something right. This in turn will lead other musos to get in touch and try and set up shows.

In terms of releasing, online is great when you already have a captive audience (which doesnt sound like the case). Also printing them onto a disc as a single release is relatively inexpensive in this day and age. You can go to like minded musicians gigs and hand them out to people at the door as they leave. Its hit and miss, but it gets the name out there....and if you include enough information so people can find you online....you all of a sudden have a captive audience.

Also...try and do something interesting that is going to get your name out there. Viral videos can do wonders for launching a musician. Cover a well known song in an interesting way. Do a cool mashup. Have 5 people playing one song on the same guitar. You get my drift?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back