Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Petr Cech has revealed he could have joined Arsenal in 2002 were it not for complications with his work permit, but Arsene Wenger's new goalkeeper adds: 'I didn't really miss much.'

Arsenal made Cech their first summer signing for £10million on Monday, but the goalkeeper could have joined more than a decade ago before eventually ending up at Rennes and Chelsea.

Cech left France for England in 2004 but, after coming close to joining Arsenal, said: 'I didn't really miss much but all I've managed to achieve in the past decade, if I can replicate here will be brilliant.'

Cech just ripping Arsenal a new one haha! :D

Definitely gonna miss the big man. Even if he was second choice he was such a great person to have around the club.

Cech just ripping Arsenal a new one haha! :D

Definitely gonna miss the big man. Even if he was second choice he was such a great person to have around the club.
Think it more meant that he'd won everything he could win at Chelsea, but still pretty fantastic that it can be read that way :D

I'm gutted that Petr has joined Arsenal but I don't begrudge him though! There's no point holding grudges unless a player has systematically undermined the club and deliberately been provocative because he was unhappy at the club for whatever reason.

Petr has provided more than a decade of great memories. He was superb from the moment he walked through our doors and I truly believe his best years were in 2004-2006 before he sustained that serious head injury against Reading in October 2006, but nevertheless he was fantastic after his recovery and he didn't decline at all.

I regard his performance in the 2012 Champions League Final as one of the best you'll ever see. He saved a penalty against Robben in extra time and during the penalty shootouts he went the right way on all occasions. He's one of the biggest reasons why Chelsea were champions that year and he brought so much happiness and joy to the club.

Its sad his career at Chelsea is over but with Courtois' emergence and upside it's understandable he wanted to move on in the end but I'm still struggling to accept he's an Arsenal player now. All the best to Petr who's always been a classy gentleman but hopefully he's a failure at Arsenal now!

post-1143-0-28801500-1435929153_thumb.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to decide who to get on the back of an away kit... thinking Zouma.

Anyone else know who they'll get?

Which kit white or black?

I'm going the black one this time around(I'll probs end up with a blue one too:D) and haven't decided who I'll get on the back.

Which kit white or black?

I'm going the black one this time around(I'll probs end up with a blue one too:D) and haven't decided who I'll get on the back.
White, I think. Contemplating the black one though. Might get both.

So Mourinho just confirms that Traore, Moses and RLC are staying with the squad for this season and not going on loan.

On Victor Moses: “He’s strong, he’s experienced, he’s fast, he’s aggressive. He has to learn how to play with us obviously, but I’m happy with his week, with his 45 minutes. The next match, 45 more minutes. Victor had an evolution over the past couple years.”

On Bertrand Traore: “He’s 19; he’s a kid. He was in Africa, he was at Vitesse, now he comes to Chelsea. He’s not going on loan. We want to keep him and we want to improve him. With the ball he has a lot of talent, but sometimes he doesn’t make the right decisions yet. But this is absolutely normal, so step-by-step. But I repeat, he is not going on loan, he stays.”

On Ruben Loftus-Cheek: “He has lots of talent and we know that. He’s another one that I am not interested in letting go on loan. I want to keep him because he has to improve a lot. In this moment, he is far from being in condition to play for us. “
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...-if-we-play-red-bulls-ten-times-we-win-nine/?

I'm really happy with this. I genuinely thought all 3 of these players did enough out there today. Moses especially.

Yep, happy with that news but it seems Mikel is sticking around which is a little disappointing. Not really sure what he offers tbh, Witsel would've been a big upgrade.

Mikel's happy to sit on the bench though and can do a job when asked. Not sure Witsel would be happy doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back