Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

WALSALL v CHELSEA:

Enjoyable match and most importantly we obtained the win without fuss which is what we needed.

Loved the performances of Ramires, Mikel, RLC and Kenedy! The performances from these four guys was outstanding. I've criticised Ramires in the past but he bossed the midfield along with Mikel. RLC and Kenedy have great futures if they keep working hard and attempt to compete for a spot in the first team as I like what I saw from those two youngsters. The goal celebration by Kennedy just demonstrated the passion that he has for this club. It's early days but I think he's going to be a success for us.

Pedro's late goal was superb after having an off day on the weekend against Arsenal. Remy and Falcao played well but I suspect Remy will start on the weekend against Newcastle but I don't think Falcao is too far away from breaking through and going on a good run of goalscoring form if he keeps persisting with his decent form as he hasn't lost his technical ability despite a lack of goals.

Terry and Ivanovic struggled somewhat but it's hard to determine whether they took it a little lightly despite their poor form lately. A little disappointed by Baba but it's early days with him so we can't judge him too soon.

Overall that was an important win and hopefully we keep up the good form with a win against Newcastle on the weekend which would be great considering our poor record at St. James' Park plus Newcastle are in terrible form at the moment.

Last edited:
Just watching Kenedy's highlights. (Very impressed) I didn't get to see the game but I love this young fella already. You could see the goal meant alot to him in his celebration. You can see it in his interviews as well that being at this club means alot to him.

One part that really got my interest was his cross for the Ramires goal. Most young players would rush it and misplace it. Not this guy. He took his time, didn't panic, waited till the right moment and picked Ramires out perfectly. Shows alot of composure.

The guys going to be a star.

NEWCASTLE V CHELSEA:

A very poor performance but it's a miracle that we got out of there with a point after being 2-0 down. Our defence is shambolic but worse our midfield is seriously letting us down at the moment. Many are criticising Ivanovic and rightly so but Matic's poor form is really telling on the way this team plays. If he plays well, we play well and that was the story of the season last season.

Jose's post-match press conference was honest and raw! I liked what I saw and I think behind closed doors he will be fuming despite keeping it together for the cameras. Expect Ivanovic and Fabregas to get dropped from the starting side and we really need to see this squad freshened up because they almost look hungover from last season's brilliant effort to win the title.

Porto in the mid-week is going to be tough but winning there would be great for our Champions League campaign and to ease the pressure on Jose because the talk of those demanding that he be sacked worries me because our owner has been knee-jerk on such decisions in the past. We're experiencing problems but panicking now and making rash decisions will make things ten times worse for the club.

Last edited:
Mourinho: "It’s difficult to win PL, but possible. It’s difficult to win UCL, but possible. It’s difficult to win the cups, but possible.

... ..and at the same time to try to bring the best out of the other players, the players with more experience

......But if the season goes in one direction that it becomes closed and we can’t win, I will just go with the kids."

Excellent.

Jose has lost the plot. He plays favourites with the squad and the results are no longer covering for it. He has no plan B and is too scared to make the necessary changes to the starting 11.

There is no option, he has to go, he's lost the players and it's showing each week. If he's kept them we are at threat of relegation and I never thought I would have to say that. I respect what Mou has achieved but now is the time to go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12049577_972764449442927_5922018501710469242_n.jpg

This is pretty cool.

Ivanovic and Matic both cop injuries against Albania. How unlucky is that!
I would usually say that's a bad thing, but now i'm not so sure:p

A few reports Falcao may cut his loan short and with the same rumours about Bamford at CP would love if he came back to the squad to take the Columbians spot.
Either that or there's substance to the Yarmolenko rumours (which I wouldn't be dissapointed with mind you)

Bamford is the preference though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back