Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

He did do a truly great thing for every non Pool supporter in the world.
Was a service to humanity to be honest.

I've not been his biggest fan over the last 5-6 years, but he deserves a knighthood for that match alone.

Great first half of football this morning by the lads. Second half we were a bit sloppy but did enough to get over the line. Oscar (apparently not allowed to celebrate goals), Pedro, Willian, Mikel, Terry and Ivanovic :drunk: were great.

I can't figure out who was worse out of Costa and Matic. Costa because he was basically anonymous but Matic because he gave away the first goal with his lazy passing and poor marking. If we had a good or in-form striker we would've put five or six past them last night. Fabregas was again average.

I hope Guus sees that Remy is a better starting option than Costa at the moment and that our central midfield needs some freshening up.

When Oscar is in form, he can do some incredible things. Would've been nice if someone got on the end of that rabona in the first half.

Completely dominated the midfield last night.

I've got plenty of respect for Guus after how well he did for Chelsea in 2009 and the Australian National Team in 2005-2006, but he'll have his work cut out to get these pea-hearts playing to an acceptable standard on a consistent basis.

Short-term this is a good option but it doesn't resolve our long-term issues so the need to find a long-term manager, if such a thing exists anymore will be something that the club needs to address and get it right.

All the best to Guus and I'm willing to get behind him because I hold him in high regard as a coach and as a person despite the general bitterness and resentment I harbour towards those in charge on the board and towards some of the squad players who put in poor efforts under Jose earlier in the season.

Would someone be able to enlighten me as to why Oscar took the penalty?

• Glorious opportunity for Hazard to end his goalless streak as he looked confident at that point. He would have slotted that home calmly.
  • Glorious opportunity for Costa to finish his hat-trick. He was brimming with confidence out there and he would have thumped it home.
Either one of those players wouldn't have taken the stutter run up either imo. No slight on Oscar but he too me should never be first choice penalty taker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would someone be able to enlighten me as to why Oscar took the penalty?

• Glorious opportunity for Hazard to end his goalless streak as he looked confident at that point. He would have slotted that home calmly.
  • Glorious opportunity for Costa to finish his hat-trick. He was brimming with confidence out there and he would have thumped it home.
Either one of those players wouldn't have taken the stutter run up either imo. No slight on Oscar but he too me should never be first choice penalty taker.

According to Guus he is our best and number 1 penalty taker(he said this in the after game interview), so he'll be keeping on taking them(Guus putting his stamp on the team). Nothing wrong with the run up, he just slipped and as we saw with Terry it can happen to anyone and it's just one of those things. I'm sure Oscar will calmly slot the next one home like he did in the previous game.

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing. Oscar scored one last week with calm & confidence, and I would have put money on scoring his last night.

Oscar is a good penalty taker and last night was an exception rather than the rule. But Hazard is the best we have. Lampard's the best penalty taker I've ever seen and Hazard isn't far behind him.

Oscar is a good penalty taker and last night was an exception rather than the rule. But Hazard is the best we have. Lampard's the best penalty taker I've ever seen and Hazard isn't far behind him.
Hm, for Chelsea or in general?

Shearer? Djorkaeff? Le Tissier?

Pretty sure Le Tiss only missed one in his entire career and Djorkaeff didn't miss one.

Still a little upset at the result. However, Watford have turned themselves into a really decent team, so I reckon we did quite well against them.

If Man Utd and Chelsea bring their form from their previous game into Monday, I reckon we will win. But it's a big game for both sides so who knows what's gonna happen.

We had our chances to win it especially with Oscar's missed penalty but we also looked fragile enough down back that we could have easily lost the game with one or two more mistakes than what we had demonstrated already.

I had a bad feeling about Oscar taking the penalty as soon as he stuttered during his kick. What happened to a strong run up and a powerful kick towards the goal? I really long for the days when guys like Frank Lampard would have buried that kick nine times out of ten.

The squad needs a major rebuild and I think Guus will realise how extensive the problems are here. About time Diego Costa did something good for once but you have to wonder where this goalscoring form had been since the start of the season?

We're playing Manchester United next so I think we've encountered them at a good time. I thought they would respond against Stoke but Van Gaal looks completely clueless with his squad of players so I fancy us here despite our own problems.

Like I said in the Matchday thread, it was a game where we really should have won. Watford's goals came from a stupid stupid mind snap from Matic and a mad deflection. On top of that, Oscar missed a penalty.

On another day, we win that game 3-0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back