Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Why the hell doesn't Coca Cola Australia make it?? I found it at a lolly stand and it is by far the best Coca Cola product that I've ever had. It's imported from the US. It would instantly be a top seller.

Cause they suck. This is my second favorite non alcoholic drink of all time. Second only to doctor pepper. I have "looked" for cherry essence to see if I could get close to the flavor with the soda stream thing but think I should look jarder

They generally bring it out for limited times. I suspect it sells poorly as a standard line but well when restricted to limited runs.

Or there is USA foods in Cochranes rd Moorabbin

http://www.usafoods.com.au/Beverages/Soft-Drink
I've seen this store before but since I live in Adelaide, I can't go to it and if I want to order online, they have a $15 delivery fee. Not worth it IMO.
Also $15 for a case of 12 is overpriced and if it was produced in Australia it would be much cheaper. For a case of 24 Original Coke, it's only $18 at Woolies and Coles. On top of that they don't have the 1.25L and 2L bottles, just the cases of cans.

Is it just me or does the imported cherry coke taste a lot different to the cherry coke that was out years ago in Aus?

Is it just me or does the imported cherry coke taste a lot different to the cherry coke that was out years ago in Aus?
I can't see why it would taste different because the American Coke and Australian Coke use the same ingredients in their products. The Mexican Coke on the other hand is completely different since they use actual sugar in their products instead of the cheaper corn syrup which is used in the Australian and US Coke products.

I can't see why it would taste different because the American Coke and Australian Coke use the same ingredients in their products. The Mexican Coke on the other hand is completely different since they use actual sugar in their products instead of the cheaper corn syrup which is used in the Australian and US Coke products.

Australian Coke doesn't use corn syrup.
And the US Cherry coke is definitely much sweeter than the one we had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian Coke doesn't use corn syrup.
And the US Cherry coke is definitely much sweeter than the one we had.
Ah my mistake, I always thought we used corn syrup here in Aus. Well that might explain the difference in taste.
Believe it or not, I didn't try the Australian version of Cherry Coke, so I wouldn't know the difference. Which one did you enjoy more, the American or Australian version??

Ah my mistake, I always thought we used corn syrup here in Aus. Well that might explain the difference in taste.
Believe it or not, I didn't try the Australian version of Cherry Coke, so I wouldn't know the difference. Which one did you enjoy more, the American or Australian version??

The Australian version because I find the US ones unbearably sweet

I've seen this store before but since I live in Adelaide, I can't go to it and if I want to order online, they have a $15 delivery fee. Not worth it IMO.
Also $15 for a case of 12 is overpriced and if it was produced in Australia it would be much cheaper. For a case of 24 Original Coke, it's only $18 at Woolies and Coles. On top of that they don't have the 1.25L and 2L bottles, just the cases of cans.

I would think that $30 for 12 cans is better than $0 for 0 cans if you love it that much. Of course you aren't going to pay the same prices as Coles because A) it's imported from overseas and B) it's not a big supermarket chain

I would think that $30 for 12 cans is better than $0 for 0 cans if you love it that much. Of course you aren't going to pay the same prices as Coles because A) it's imported from overseas and B) it's not a big supermarket chain
Yeah that's what I'm try to say. I want it to be produced in Australia so the price of it would be reasonable.

The milk bar around the corner from where I live stocks it.

And it's not 1 or 2 cans on the odd occasion I walk in there, it's always stacked up to the back of the fridge.

The people that run that milk bar annoy me to no end, but at least that's one point in their favour.

The milk bar around the corner from where I live stocks it.

And it's not 1 or 2 cans on the odd occasion I walk in there, it's always stacked up to the back of the fridge.

The people that run that milk bar annoy me to no end, but at least that's one point in their favour.
How much do they sell it for? The Candy stand that I got my Cherry Coke from had it for $2.50. Which is a fairly good price for an imported product and even more impressive since it's just a small business as well. They also sell Dr.Pepper, Mountain Dew Red, Mountain Dew Voltage and a few more that I didn't have a good look and see what they were.

How much do they sell it for? The Candy stand that I got my Cherry Coke from had it for $2.50. Which is a fairly good price for an imported product and even more impressive since it's just a small business as well. They also sell Dr.Pepper, Mountain Dew Red, Mountain Dew Voltage and a few more that I didn't have a good look and see what they were.
I last bought one a couple of years ago and it was $2.80. They sell Dr Pepper for the same price.

They have Mountain Dew Red and Voltage too, not sure how much they cost though. Never bought them.

I don't really mind paying that much seeing as it's so hard to find the stuff elsewhere. Little milkbars are goldmines like that. I just wish they'd stock the original Red Eye.

I last bought one a couple of years ago and it was $2.80. They sell Dr Pepper for the same price.

They have Mountain Dew Red and Voltage too, not sure how much they cost though. Never bought them.

I don't really mind paying that much seeing as it's so hard to find the stuff elsewhere. Little milkbars are goldmines like that. I just wish they'd stock the original Red Eye.
Yeah it great that some small business stock up on imported soft drinks. I just wish Coca Cola Australia would wake up and sell some of the American type coke's such a cherry, lime and especially Dr.Pepper. Are they that blind to not see how much demand there is here for Dr.Pepper??

Yeah it great that some small business stock up on imported soft drinks. I just wish Coca Cola Australia would wake up and sell some of the American type coke's such a cherry, lime and especially Dr.Pepper. Are they that blind to not see how much demand there is here for Dr.Pepper??

There's 20,000,000 (and the rest) people in Australia, you are but a small portion of that number.

I think they would do a fair bit of market research to know the most profitable product mix for each market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back