CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the run down on all the p/matches on the weekend guys?

I heard B/Marsh defeated Daylesford in a pretty good game by around the 5 goal mark.

Learmonth lost to a strong Thomson outfit from GDFL, by around 4-5 goals. Great hit out for both teams!

bungaree were well drilled and had quite good skills all across the ground.

Do you know if Thomson had many out from the practice match? didn't learmonth finish quite low last year

bungaree were well drilled and had quite good skills all across the ground.

Do you know if Thomson had many out from the practice match? didn't learmonth finish quite low last year

I've heard from a few that bungaree looked good. Also that they were exceptionally quick. How was the surface. Soft/hard/even etc.
And yes mate, Learmonth were often competitive but they would tell you their year was ordinary. They weren't the worst but bottom 5. Be interesting also to see how many the thommy tiges had out to maybe get a guide on where Learmonth are at for this season.

I've heard from a few that bungaree looked good. Also that they were exceptionally quick. How was the surface. Soft/hard/even etc.
And yes mate, Learmonth were often competitive but they would tell you their year was ordinary. They weren't the worst but bottom 5. Be interesting also to see how many the thommy tiges had out to maybe get a guide on where Learmonth are at for this season.
The surface at Bungaree was very lush but Werribee did have 8 walk ups not play..........but a good effort anyways..

How the hell has this league not been split into 2 divisions? 8-10 or 10-8... The gap between the haves and have nots is massive.... No disrespect intended to any team but who really wants to pay money to see a 34 goal to 2 score line?

If the CHFL is looking to change this in the future. Then I'll stand corrected.... But in the mean time :confused:

How the hell has this league not been split into 2 divisions? 8-10 or 10-8... The gap between the haves and have nots is massive.... No disrespect intended to any team but who really wants to pay money to see a 34 goal to 2 score line?

If the CHFL is looking to change this in the future. Then I'll stand corrected.... But in the mean time :confused:
i'm sure they said its going to be 1 tier for least 2 years to give the new clubs time to settle down?.

Thanks mate... Fair call... But I would hate to see a club over spend this year just to be a part of a div 1... Then be stuffed for the next 5 years

Hit the nail on the head here mate... Plenty of clubs are doing exactly that. Beaufort, Newlyn, Springbank are the main ones apart from the usual Hepburn money train.

The first 3 clubs inparticular are bringing in all these BFL type players, filling up their pockets, pissing off the local/loyal players that have been there for years and they are leaving... Most of these blokes have one foot out the retirement door or will leave after a year, 2 max.

Bungaree, Learmonth and maybe Creswick are 2 teams bucking the trend, giving opportunities to talented juniors. Both should field 6-7 u18 players from last year in their Senior team at one stage or another.. There might be a couple of other teams in this category, clearly CL have no choice but to play juniors.

Two divisions won't happen. 17 clubs are not interested in it in the slightest and the other one isn't particularly sold either. And why would they want to split?
This year you would probably give all sides bar Illabarook, Balln and Cargnham, possibly Rokewood a realistic chance of playing in the finals. There were upsets everywhere in the league last year and the competition is at the best standard it has been probably ever. Gordon is the perfect example that if you can get your act together off field then you can make the rise up the ladder and I'm sure the Illabarook's and Creswick's of the comp will take heart from that.

Bit rough on Newlyn imo, most of thier recruits are former players for the club who have been lured out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have not been on chfl for some time, I heard about Williams at ballan an couldn't believe it, having played for ballan I was interested to have a look and as usual their is someone quick to have a pot shot.these type of people run when confronted with a situation and king him from behind, However this is a huge get for Ballan, wishing you all the best for the year ahead. I will be definetly keeping an eye out for you lads this year!!

If he can play all 18 positions & run water then good on them. But it seems like wasted $$ to me. Wont last 2years. No one ever does.

What else is news? Any praccys this weekend?

How bout saying good on em for having a crack:confused: Can only be a good thing for the league to have struggling clubs improving and high quality players coming in

How bout saying good on em for having a crack:confused: Can only be a good thing for the league to have struggling clubs improving and high quality players coming in

Ok. Good on them. But i have been at clubs with ex afl players & the novelty does wear off. They normally stick around to get their $$ then take off straight after the game. They dont go to club functions or put any $$ back into the club. I hope this doesnt happen. It will be good for the league. Good luck ballan!!

Ok. Good on them. But i have been at clubs with ex afl players & the novelty does wear off. They normally stick around to get their $$ then take off straight after the game. They dont go to club functions or put any $$ back into the club. I hope this doesnt happen. It will be good for the league. Good luck ballan!!

How can you have an opinion on someone you don`t know...Ballan have been very quiet all summer so credit to their new coach who obviously has the joint going in the right direction and who knows with their early draw might and could win 3 out of the first 4.
I notice they also have Anthony Kitchen who is a massive get from Werribee Centrals so their forward line with Watts as well will be grouse when it clicks.
I heard they were very good last week so maybe you should do some homework before potting a side from a keyboard.
Only when your challenged do you start to retreat......think before you speak i reckon and let clubs like Ballan try and improve and keep the comp strong.

If he can play all 18 positions & run water then good on them. But it seems like wasted $$ to me. Wont last 2years. No one ever does.

What else is news? Any praccys this weekend?

Poor form mate. Couldn't you get a game out there or something? Your constant sniping is getting pretty tired.

Great get. Both for the club and the competition. Well done Ballan.

Mark Williams signs to Ballan. Big news for a struggling club.

How did they get onto him? Is it the same deal as Obree and Presti last year that played just the 1 game or is he playing all year? Anyway its certainly livened up this page so its creating a bit of interest. Sounds like Ballan Learmonth Creswick Skipton Rokewood could all be more competetive this year which will be good for the comp. Wonder if Williams will play inter league or will they go with bombers1983 the computer hero

Thats a huge get for Ballan to get Williams on 2 year contract looks like Ballan will be finally on the impovement with all there young locals from last year and plus the new recruits.

How did they get onto him? Is it the same deal as Obree and Presti last year that played just the 1 game or is he playing all year? Anyway its certainly livened up this page so its creating a bit of interest. Sounds like Ballan Learmonth Creswick Skipton Rokewood could all be more competetive this year which will be good for the comp. Wonder if Williams will play inter league or will they go with bombers1983 the computer hero

The president at Ballan said he has signed for 2 years so he will be playing more than 1 game I'd reckon....I reckon the club has done really well to lift its image and geez if it works it can only attract interest and players over the next 2 years which they were probably crying out for.

Time will tell how they go but if they only keep winning 3 games a year ... Then why not have a go!

High profile players can be as damaging as they are productive to footy sides in country competitions. When a player signs with a club the wider community surrounding that club expects them to not only perform on the field but to hang around after the game and participate in social activities. Clubs get frustrated with mercenaries coming in taking the coin and then exiting through a back door quicker than one of the locals could shoot a jimmy can.

We've all been to Ballan and all preferred that we hadn't. In my opinion they're half way there in recruiting him to play... The proof will be in the pudding if he supports the club both on and off the field. I don't know the bloke so will reserve my judgement.

Agree it's a good get, but lets not get too carried away. They finished 2nd last in 2011 managing 3 wins for the season. I do hope he adds that spark to Ballan as its building up to be a great year of footy with the league the strongest its been for years.

I've also heard former bomber Andrew Welsh to Ballan????? Can anyone confirm that? Well done to Ballan..... They have a very young list except for the old fart Wattsy..... So hopefully they can learn a bit from these type of players.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back