CHFL U18 Teams in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Riske is an over rated footballer and, it seems, and over rated bloke. I agree, good luck to the Doggies because he looks more trouble than he's worth. Although if I know dforddoggies, and I do, it's just him making up crap.

Haha uncovered, yeah top quality bloke Riske and was having a laugh with him after the seniors granny about coming to Dford next year, and in his drunken state was talking smack back about how good a club we are. But yeah dare say he'll stay at Bungaree. Anyway as a club we don't recruit very heavily due to having ridiculously good local talent, something that the lads down the road don't know to much about. Congrats to Bunga on a great win and congrats go to Gordon on a top all round finals effort, put a big dirty grin on my face when they took care of Hepburn.

i guess you can change this thread to U/18 teams in 2008?
in answer to the springbank question i have heard quite a few of the east ballarat stating they will play there next year but how many only time will tell. i think we'll see springbank as big improvers next year with a 5-8th finish

a few of the east u/16 boys were from out springbank and are keen to take a few back with them i think. jaaryn mahar and liam toohey the homegrown springbank boys. hasnt been named but 99% likely to get it. mervyn still in doubt

waubra wont be any better ;)

waubra wont be a bad outfit i am told
they will definatly improve on this years performance..

but i dont reckon beaufort will drop that much, learmonth is my tip for the big droppers, 6th this year not a bad effort, but dont think they will be great next year, knowles, white, both quality that learmonth wont be able to replace easily...
along with BOURKE!!!!!;)

bourke was a joke, he aint all that great, as im sure you realise

not sure about the coach for learmonth... maybe who they had to finish the year with possibly???

anyone know if ballan will actually be any better??
cos they werent all that much this year

dr who, i like the idea, but do you think it is realistic??
definately a good thing if it was to get off the ground...
clubs like rebels could look at them...
cos there is a distinct lack of chfl players in the rebels squad of late...
grant bell is in there... but couldnt name many others...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a good spray!

i agree that the lack of numbers in those sides is due to the lack of population..
and also the repuatation those sides have due to there years of dwelling down near the bottom of the ladder...
so attracting players is quite tough..
although waubra did offer transport this year out to games..
and that seemed to help them a bit...

i think your spot on dr who the buses, seniors taking training and good old damien ryan have contributed well to our success over the last 3 years. i think there is about 7 or 8 players in the bungaree side that would stay down if it was moved to the start of the season including big riske and brown
the oppurtunity is there for the chfl to bolster there junior talent if they want to take it

what would be proved by bringing our ages inline with bfl??
maybe we might be able to hold on to a few players that may go onto play senior football for the club, but being somewhat selfish, what is the big gain for the junior comps??
if the chfl was to put the age inline with bfl... it would give everyone an extra year, and really keep the competition the same, wouldnt you agree??
(i do see the point that keeping players for reserves and seniors, but is that a big part of your point)

what would be proved by bringing our ages inline with bfl??
maybe we might be able to hold on to a few players that may go onto play senior football for the club, but being somewhat selfish, what is the big gain for the junior comps??
if the chfl was to put the age inline with bfl... it would give everyone an extra year, and really keep the competition the same, wouldnt you agree??
(i do see the point that keeping players for reserves and seniors, but is that a big part of your point)

oh no i wasnt suggesting it will give clubs benefits in the long run mainly just for next season the strong clubs will stay the same as this year but after that there is no reason it wont level out with players not leaving because of 'age'.
So many players in chfl decide to go into ballarat for 'a year' to play another year of juniors and then dont end up returning. the ones that think they are too good for chfl will go regardless but if the league is serious about increasing in standard and keeping its juniors around then this is the perfect option

oh i see your point there with the 15s...
i was under the impression that we were talking about the 18s..

i think the ages are the best they can be, as the league doesnt have the numbers to form another age group...

my question is, if we change our ages, would we raise them both by one year, as to be more in line with the bfl?
or what would you suggest?

but then if we did that, we might lose kids earlier, as not wanting to play against the bigger bodies of the u 16.5s that would be in the bottom age group out in the chfl??

you also say that raising the age will help the u18s..
but players will leave when they are too old... which doesnt affect the u18s...
it does however, affect the senior and reserve football as dr who was saying..

cos out of curiousity, how many did you retain last year from the 18s??
i could think of 3...(correct me if i am wrong)

yes there is the chance they would go to the ballarat league to play 16s but its the 18 yr old that we are worried about in terms of senior football. i say change it to the start of the year same as bfl to even the levels and give a good plaform to senior footy. ah well oneill fothergil and jones played senior footy with perks morley devereux playing reserves, lindeback to return after a year at point (couldhave been avoided with a change) plus brown to return as well i believe

yer well i knew of oneill fothergil and jones...
but not a great retaining rate from 18 blokes that went up...
i agree with your idea of changing the 18s...

and before i wasnt sure if you were talking about strengthening the 18s or senior football, so thanks for clarification...
how many does bungaree lose this year?
and how many are goin to be retained??

how would you lose only 5 or 6??
if the dates change to aline with the bfl it would go back a full year...

but i meant how many intend on playing senior football for bungaree??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back