Social Science Children of the 90s

Remove this Banner Ad

Are five year reunions common? Weirdly enough, it'll be five years since I graduated this time next year. I'll no doubt be getting some notification in about March, from one of the usual suspects (the girl who had to play guitar at every ceremony? Or the girl who cried to get her seat on the school-trip plane?). I barely feel like anyone is any different and most people are living the same lives they lived a year out and in first year uni. I don't think there's much lifestyle changes happening between 18-22.

You're better off hanging around the pubs of your local area and bumping into a kid you were friends with at 14 in the urinals. "Haven't seen you for a while mate!" That's surprising, refreshing, nice, and short. A night of those interactions, forced, seems a bit depressing.

"Yeah mate, I did sports science at Curtin."

Indeed, I get on fine with anyone I bump in to in the pisser, but once you bring back all the school students, you know all the bullshit will start again, and add to that, everyone will be trying to suck ass of a former student whose now an AFL captain (didn't finish HSC so can gagf'd). School reunions should be for those who actually finished school. They don't have premiership team reunions with the blokes who were traded out or retired the year before.

Are you angry about a guy who might show up to a reunion thats never happened?

No, more so that such an arrival will undoubtedly drop the mentality from a lot of others that will be more like first year of high school than a reunion, also one that didn't finish school.

As I stated earlier, I hated school social gatherings that weren't official, ala, after parties, since they were always crowded by people that didn't even go to the school, or that year, yada yada yada. It lessens the appeal of a "reunion" knowing that it would be the same story all over again.

Stole this off the Simpsons thread....

57-1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back