Chips Shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

People think this isn't a big loss. It is.

Frawley may have been not getting much attention, but his opponents weren't kicking goals. We will now be vulnerable against any team with 2 quality talls. I'd feel better with Spangher, but as he's injured.. Our options are a debutant and shoenmakers.

Not good

Spot on. Hopefully Gibbo can continue to be a superhuman and negate at least one of the oppositions tall forwards

Good news, would love to see him to get a good run once he's back and actually find his feet in our side. Important to get a consistent set up in defense and establish that synergy before we hit the business end of the season

And hopefully we can reward him in our usual fashion, or the dewy lake syndrome.

I'd go with the reco now. If it goes well he could be back before finals, but if not we can have him fit and ready for the preseason

I'd go with the reco now. If it goes well he could be back before finals, but if not we can have him fit and ready for the preseason

Club probably knows our window is coming to a close so wants to go for broke and cash in whilst we are still arguably the best team in the comp.

Surely a reco now is season over? It ended Anderson's and Brand's seasons the last couple seasons.

The two games where we most need Frawley are Swans (no chance) and Cats.
Spanger needs game time in between in case the shoulder pops again.

Reco is 4-6 months, that is season over.

Definitely the right move. We are going for a 3-peat. We want to be as strong as possible heading into September. Give him time to recover, so long as he is available come September.

Don't forget, he beat Buddy as badly as any player has beaten him in his career. He got 7 disposals and 0.0 goals. Frawley will be important come September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they say that Frawley didn't do the ligament, is it even necessary for him to have an operation?
I always thought that the ligaments copped a good old tweak in the event of a dislocation, cause its the ligaments that hold the "structure" together.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If they say that Frawley didn't do the ligament, is it even necessary for him to have an operation?
Ligaments get stretched and ineffective up to a point.

The joint with an instability like that means that he risks tearing the ligaments from another incident. They aren't designed to wrestle momentum, just keep things where they are and if the shoulder moving around a bit then the ligament is going to be acting against a dynamic force all of a sudden.

Assuming that he has stretched them out a bit.

Shoulder reco would only be necessary then if the ligaments were torn (ie. So they can reattach)? If they're just strained then is it just a matter of letting the swelling and pain subside, keeping it strapped and hoping it doesn't happen again?

Games Frawley will miss are shown below. I guess Sydney in rd.16 is the obvious concern, although Lake and Gibson should be able to handle Franklin and Tippett (Stratton on Reid could be a stretch). If Lake or Gibson goes down though there could be some serious concern.

upload_2015-6-30_12-39-12.png

Games Frawley will miss are shown below. I guess Sydney in rd.16 is the obvious concern, although Lake and Gibson should be able to handle Franklin and Tippett (Stratton on Reid could be a stretch). If Lake or Gibson goes down though there could be some serious concern.

View attachment 148279
Just go with an extra runner against Sydney. They already suffer in that area so it will be a risky move to go in with that extra tall.

Just go with an extra runner against Sydney. They already suffer in that area so it will be a risky move to go in with that extra tall.

You my friend are an astute judge. Run those billionaire campaigners ragged. Quick ball movement is their kryptonite. And although their mids are quality, they are not quick. Other than Lolis Jetta and Gary Lolhan.

You my friend are an astute judge. Run those billionaire campaigners ragged. Quick ball movement is their kryptonite. And although their mids are quality, they are not quick. Other than Lolis Jetta and Gary Lolhan.

Using this logic Port this weekend will be a danger game for Sydney.

Using this logic Port this weekend will be a danger game for Sydney.

Big danger game. A lot of people will say Swans become more unpredictable without buddy and tippo, but Pyke being out coupled with the loss of the previously mentioned players and personally I think the $2.50 on offer for port is a pretty good bet.

Their much vaunted mids will have to work overtime to protect their defence. My only concern is Port are moving the ball as quick as a 3 legged dog with worms.

Big danger game. A lot of people will say Swans become more unpredictable without buddy and tippo, but Pyke being out coupled with the loss of the previously mentioned players and personally I think the $2.50 on offer for port is a pretty good bet.

Their much vaunted mids will have to work overtime to protect their defence. My only concern is Port are moving the ball as quick as a 3 legged dog with worms.
Port might fancy themselves as more than a decent chance with those outs. Would be a good scalp for them to get in an attempt to breathe new life into their disappointing season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back