Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.
What happened that was suss VC?
And how many people were there-50L of curry is HUGE!
Might not have been 50. Maybe 30.
I have a 12L pot so I have an idea.

Huge outdoor wok setup. Loved it.

Well let's get one thing straight. We received an invite form Davis's school mate.
It wasn't actually a birthday invite. It was kind of weird.

I wasn't the one that made the call to find out what it was about, but apparently it was a birthday party.
So, present bought.

When we get there we are all greeted with wet towels to clean our hands. Cool with that.
1 minute later its suggested I go inside to see the shrine. Off I go and then get introduced to about 6 people. And a run down of the blessings that were to follow.

ok..........
"Please sign book".
"No I'll be ok thanks".

This was at 5:15. Food everywhere.

At about 5:45 they did a blessing in front of the shrine. I took the kids into watch. All cool and very interesting.
Then the mrs was cornered about signing the book.

Hmmm.... it seems they are recruiting for some religious cult :)

All blessings over. Cool, lets eat I thought.
But no, they now set up 40 chairs in the garage for a sermon that we were asked to attend a couple of times.
"No I'll be ok thanks"

I thought it would go for 20 minutes.

At about 7:30 I walked up to the dad and said " thanks for inviting us, but we have to go"

He pulled out a pack of 200 take away containers and preceded to pack us 5 containers of food. And kept saying "More, you must want more"
And as the sermon was still going, we sailed off into the sunset.

Missed a lot of great food though.
But didn't miss any footy ;)

Oh, and when I asked the boy when his birthday was.
August 9.
lol.

I thought that there may have been a chance that you felt different after it happened. If you can pre determine your emotions and follow through with the exact sentiments then you must be a brother of Spock.
They were poor most of the year and were lucky to scape into the finals.

Result sounds about right.

They have some work to do, recruiting is one of them.

They were poor most of the year and were lucky to scape into the finals.

Result sounds about right.

They have some work to do, recruiting is one of them.
Come on mate. You're supposed to be a one-eyed flog! Isn't that what a good supporter is?

Don't mind me, I'm just excited about the fact that my club, which has the worst win-loss ratio of any state league/AFL club in the past 50 years, has made it through to the second week of finals. They've got a real good shot of knocking off Sturt too.

As for recruiting, that's probably true, but just don't go sniffing around my club, you've stolen enough top line talent from us in recent times!

Might not have been 50. Maybe 30.
I have a 12L pot so I have an idea.

Huge outdoor wok setup. Loved it.

Well let's get one thing straight. We received an invite form Davis's school mate.

I wasn't the one that made the call to find out what it was about, but apparently it was a birthday party.
So, present bought.

When we get there we are all greeted with wet towels to clean our hands. Cool with that.
1 minute later its suggested I go inside to see the shrine. Off I go and then get introduced to about 6 people. And a run down of the blessings that were to follow.

ok..........
"Please sign book".
"No I'll be ok thanks".

This was at 5:15. Food everywhere.

At about 5:45 they did a blessing in front of the shrine. I took the kids into watch. All cool and very interesting.
Then the mrs was cornered about signing the book.

Hmmm.... it seems they are recruiting for some religious cult :)

All blessings over. Cool, lets eat I thought.
But no, they now set up 40 chairs in the garage for a sermon that we were asked to attend a couple of times.
"No I'll be ok thanks"

I thought it would go for 20 minutes.

At about 7:30 I walked up to the dad and said " thanks for inviting us, but we have to go"

He pulled out a pack of 200 take away containers and preceded to pack us 5 containers of food. And kept saying "More, you must want more"
And as the sermon was still going, we sailed off into the sunset.

Missed a lot of great food though.
But didn't miss any footy ;)

Oh, and when I asked the boy when his birthday was.
August 9.
lol.
That is so funny. I'm guessing you didn't take alcohol to the 'party', or at least didn't drink anything while there.

I'm struggling to think what religion Vietnamese follow? Christianity? Or are they Buddhists? Or odd cults lol!

That is so funny. I'm guessing you didn't take alcohol to the 'party', or at least didn't drink anything while there.

I'm struggling to think what religion Vietnamese follow? Christianity? Or are they Buddhists? Or odd cults lol!
Yeah mostly buddhist.

Nope, drank tea.
Good too.

Never met anyone who buys $500 fish for pets.
Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd want to be long-life fish :eek:

What kind were they?
I have no idea. I couldn't understand her completely.
But the tank was outside, which is weird when you're spending $500 on a fish.

But it was huge. (The tank) I'd say 1m x 1.5m x 2.5m.

She said they lost power once. And she had 80 fish in there that all died.
I appreciate why people keep fish, but why have them under the pergola? *shrug*

I actually thought they were breeding them to eat.
Nope. Vegetarians.

So, present bought.
I assume your son's mates at school call him "Bobby" or "the Geelong Flyer"? Not sure how you managed to get that one past his mother when you both named him, but well played.

I have no idea. I couldn't understand her completely.
But the tank was outside, which is weird when you're spending $500 on a fish.

But it was huge. (The tank) I'd say 1m x 1.5m x 2.5m.

She said they lost power once. And she had 80 fish in there that all died.
I appreciate why people keep fish, but why have them under the pergola? *shrug*
Oh wow. You'd want to be sure the neighbour's cat didn't get in there and have a feast of fish.

I remember keeping sea monkeys and goldfish, nothing fancier!

I assume your son's mates at school call him "Bobby" or "the Geelong Flyer"? Not sure how you managed to get that one past his mother when you both named him, but well played.
She's a swans supporter.

The 05 semi got it over the line.

She's a swans supporter.

The 05 prelim got it over the line.
Don't even remind me of that match. The most heartbroken I have ever been at a football game. Didn't help that I was sitting in a Swans corporate area and carrying on like an arrogant turd all night as the Cats looked to have their measure. You can only imagine the grief I got after the final siren...

Last edited:
Don't even remind me of that match. The most heartbroken I have ever been at a football game. Didn't help that I was sitting in a Swans corporate area and carrying on like an arrogant turd all night as the Cats look to have their measure. You can only imagine the grief I got after the final siren...
It also doesn't help when that goal is replayed still.:mad:
I'm with you, the most heartbroken I've ever felt whilst watching Geelong:cry:

Don't even remind me of that match. The most heartbroken I have ever been at a football game. Didn't help that I was sitting in a Swans corporate area and carrying on like an arrogant turd all night as the Cats looked to have their measure. You can only imagine the grief I got after the final siren...
ha ha ha ha.
Mate. She is a kiwi.
She doesn't get the davis reference ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back