Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't help when my league only has about 6-8 umpires. So not even all 2nds games are umpired.

Often a problem in lower grades, and even in higher grades in some comps. Generally speaking the regular "cheats" become well-known, and the opposition can only become pre-emptive. Otherwise, most teams seem to hope the "what goes around comes around" principle will be enough to keep things within acceptable limits.

Thanks so much. :):thumbsu:

I'm doing a mad scramble at work, trying to get everything finished, as the boss has given me the afternoon off, then allowed to come in at noon tomorrow-may be handy, as my girlfriends are taking me out tonight. :drunk:

Have a good day guys, and thanks again xxx

Happy birthday Karen [21....again ? ;)]

giphy.gif

Thanks so much. :):thumbsu:

I'm doing a mad scramble at work, trying to get everything finished, as the boss has given me the afternoon off, then allowed to come in at noon tomorrow-may be handy, as my girlfriends are taking me out tonight. :drunk:

Have a good day guys, and thanks again xxx
Happy Birthday Karen! :)

Hope you have a wonderful night but don't drink too much and I want you home by 11pm :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willo_

Hi mate, hope your summer went well.

Have you watched ep 1 of house of cards?
I feel so underwhelmed.

I'm worried they rushed it after the writers strike.
And here is a big worry. I hated the direction. I thought it was all wrong.
So I looked at the directors. Spacey was one. Huh? What? Has he always been one?

So I went looking.
HOC is interesting as episodes have different directors. Some directing 1. Some directing 20.
But until ep 1 of this series spacey had directed nada.

I hope it's not a theme.

And on a different note.
I started watching orange is the new black.

I felt it had no where near the power of HOC.
But I kept asking the mrs to watch it. One day, I wore her down.
Now she consumes it like you consume pork rolls.

And she can't believe I watch it.
Check it out if you haven't. And your Mrs might like it too.

Played my first game on turf today really loved it,pity we did'nt win.
But enjoyed the day also took 2 wickets.
Our last game outright didn't help, missed finals by a game, to a side we conceded an outright to earlier in the year.

Had we held on in that game (10 minutes short:(), it would've made them very nervous going into the last day!

Our last game outright didn't help, missed finals by a game, to a side we conceded an outright to earlier in the year.

Had we held on in that game (10 minutes short:(), it would've made them very nervous going into the last day!
That sucks,just missing out on finals ive only played afew cricket finals. i love them really keeps you on your toes.

That sucks,just missing out on finals ive only played afew cricket finals. i love them really keeps you on your toes.
Oh well the 1's got a home final and with a returning Geelong premier cricketer this year (too good for this level frankly) they're a good shake. Bowls 130-135kph.... and is only 5'11:eek:

Willo_

Hi mate, hope your summer went well.

Have you watched ep 1 of house of cards?
I feel so underwhelmed.

I'm worried they rushed it after the writers strike.
And here is a big worry. I hated the direction. I thought it was all wrong.
So I looked at the directors. Spacey was one. Huh? What? Has he always been one?

So I went looking.
HOC is interesting as episodes have different directors. Some directing 1. Some directing 20.
But until ep 1 of this series spacey had directed nada.

I hope it's not a theme.

And on a different note.
I started watching orange is the new black.

I felt it had no where near the power of HOC.
But I kept asking the mrs to watch it. One day, I wore her down.
Now she consumes it like you consume pork rolls.

And she can't believe I watch it.
Check it out if you haven't. And your Mrs might like it too.
I've downloaded the first 9 eps mate but as yet haven't had a chance to get stuck into them!

Oh well the 1's got a home final and with a returning Geelong premier cricketer this year (too good for this level frankly) they're a good shake. Bowls 130-135kph.... and is only 5'11:eek:
Pretty sure 4 of our sides are playing finals the s**t part about it this round 25 guys were not available thats pretty s**t IMHO.
In my team we were short so one of the young guys dads filled in hes about 60 odd.So we make sure they could bat together the kid run the dad out,totally burnt him runout by 5 meters lol.

I've downloaded the first 9 eps mate but as yet haven't had a chance to get stuck into them!
I've watched the first few now. It's getting better.
It's a much slower burn than previous series.

I've watched the first few now. It's getting better.
It's a much slower burn than previous series.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been meaning to get stuck into it.

started watching Archer as well that has taken up my viewing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back