Rumour Chris Dawes to Brisbane

Heard through another forum that the reason for his mediocre form is his eye-sight. He had corrective laser surgery that was supposed to fix everything that did not do the trick…

Yep. He rocks up to training with a seeing eye dog and a white cane, but still gets a game. Life's tough at the Dees.

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Yep. He rocks up to training with a seeing eye dog and a white cane, but still gets a game. Life's tough at the Dees.

On a positive for the Dees, the dog nearly got selected towards the end of the year. great endurance, loved getting in to packs. Kicking suspect.....but then again, so it half of melbournes!!!

Smokeyr67

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies
On a positive for the Dees, the dog nearly got selected towards the end of the year. great endurance, loved getting in to packs. Kicking suspect.....but then again, so it half of melbournes!!!

Kicking may be suspect, but with four legs he has twice the options (actually, 4 times the options of the average AFL player)!

JD Tomahawk

Cancelled
SFA Good Friday Appeal Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 17, 2015
Wimmera
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boro
Just thinking if Dawes does go to lions will that benefit Hogan? I don't think it will. He will get triple teamed.
Dawes could work at lions. Schache if you get him is the main man no doubt. Dawes can take a bit of heat off the others. Paine and Freeman are probably busts. Close I think could be a good player if he gets on the park long enough. Mcstay he's a better back isn't he?
Plus astbury and whitecross, lions could do well outta this draft.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just thinking if Dawes does go to lions will that benefit Hogan? I don't think it will. He will get triple teamed.
Dawes could work at lions. Schache if you get him is the main man no doubt. Dawes can take a bit of heat off the others. Paine and Freeman are probably busts. Close I think could be a good player if he gets on the park long enough. Mcstay he's a better back isn't he?
Plus astbury and whitecross, lions could do well outta this draft.
Freeman a bust??? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Never expect supporters from other clubs to understand the development of kids not from their own stables I guess. Freeman has shown more than enough so far.

Which Freeman? Our Freeman? All he has shown is an ability to do the most horrendous things to hamstrings.

No, our Jonathan Freeman. Academy drafted Tall Forward from a few years ago. Has had some injury issues but has played well. Kicked 3 I think against you guys in 2014 in his 4th or 5th game I think.

JD Tomahawk

Cancelled
SFA Good Friday Appeal Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 17, 2015
Wimmera
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boro
I should have said probably will be busts. As in there is still a chance he won't be a bust. Hasn't done a great deal. I can only go on what I've seen so far. Which isn't much. Just an opinion from a non lion really. Nothing to indicate he will be any better than Paine or close or any others.
I still see close as the better of them. I'd nearly say schach will be better than all of them put together in a couple of years. All he will have to do is just stay on the park. Won't take to much.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I should have said probably will be busts. As in there is still a chance he won't be a bust. Hasn't done a great deal. I can only go on what I've seen so far. Which isn't much. Just an opinion from a non lion really. Nothing to indicate he will be any better than Paine or close or any others.
I still see close as the better of them. I'd nearly say schach will be better than all of them put together in a couple of years. All he will have to do is just stay on the park. Won't take to much.
He's already shown he's better than Paine so far

No, our Jonathan Freeman. Academy drafted Tall Forward from a few years ago. Has had some injury issues but has played well. Kicked 3 I think against you guys in 2014 in his 4th or 5th game I think.
He looked a pretty decent player that day. I've been waiting for him to break out since then. Whats the go? Injuries mainly or has he stagnated a bit?

He looked a pretty decent player that day. I've been waiting for him to break out since then. Whats the go? Injuries mainly or has he stagnated a bit?

Spend pretty much all of this year injured, got back into it towards the last quarter and looked good, held his spot, although mostly due to injuries.

I believe he picked up some sort of back issue in the pre-season and as he was returning to training in round 8 he tweaked his Ankle.

Pretty much the story of our year injury wise.

I'm surprised anyone thinks Close is better than Freeman (he isn't).

Close is someone we could float to Freo at the end of next year for a first rounder. Love the guy and always hoped he'd make it but hes going to get squeezed out by Walker, Schache and Freeman now.

Spend pretty much all of this year injured, got back into it towards the last quarter and looked good, held his spot, although mostly due to injuries.

I believe he picked up some sort of back issue in the pre-season and as he was returning to training in round 8 he tweaked his Ankle.

Pretty much the story of our year injury wise.
Hope his luck changes then

drummond2fevola

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Claremont Fremantle
Close is someone we could float to Freo at the end of next year for a first rounder. Love the guy and always hoped he'd make it but hes going to get squeezed out by Walker, Schache and Freeman now.

I view him as one of those athletes who isn't particularly good at football.

Back