Chris Judd...you champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think what Clarko did was a cheapshot at all. If the guy was walking away and had his back turned and Clarko punched him in the back of the head then yeah that would be a cheap shot, but the fact is he was approaching Clarkson after being told to move away multiple times, he got extremely close to Clarkson and anything could have happened. Clarkson pushed him away forcefully, the guy was little more than staggered but it at least got him to concede distance.

The Judd case was a little different, Judd had strangers come to his aid who distracted the man (and credit to those people for doing so) This gave Judd a chance to get away. I expect if the Hawthorn staff had done the same for Clarkson and stood between he and the instigator then he never would have made physical contact and nothing would have happened.

Of course the best thing to do is walk away, but I can't say I would have reacted any different than Clarkson if a drunk idiot I'd never met was getting in my personal space at midnight and following me home.

And that's the thing. Clarko did walk away, he walked about 50 meters away, the bloke followed him even after being asked three times to keep his distance. After all that Clarkson finally reacted physically.

Should we really judge Clarkson for trying to put some distance between himself and a potentially dangerous person?
You're spot on.

Chris Fagan was on the radio this morning sayings that while Clarkson was up close and personal with the wannabe comedian, Fagan was trying to keep the other two away at the same time.
They'd already told the 3 that they weren't interested in having a photo taken, while the 3 continued to circle Clarkson and Fagan and try and impede them walking to the Hotel.

The comparison to the Judd incident is just odd.

Clarkson didn't seek a violent confrontation it was imposed on him. The same type of drunk who confronted Clarkson - is typical of the type who commits violent acts in public and in his own home. I can understand Clarkson's reaction - it was a defensive act. In this case you have to ask why no Hawthorn person sought to interpose themselves??

Judd situation was a different defensive act. Judd had the opportunity to leave quietly. If the bloke actually managed to corner Judd - I suspect Judd's reaction may have been rather more physical.

Lol and have a look at this goose.

judd-lygon-628_zpszpzw5gca.jpg

Well done Juddy and extremely well handled. :thumbsu:

Is it just me or does he look like someone Sam would interview on Street Talk on TFS ?

Pretty sad society that people can't just go out have a meal in a public place without feral d***heads attacking them. I know footballers are public figures by the nature of the sport but credit to Chris that he handled this exceptionally well. The feral guy looked spaced out not to know the time of day but seem to recognise Judd.

I don't think what Clarko did was a cheapshot at all. If the guy was walking away and had his back turned and Clarko punched him in the back of the head then yeah that would be a cheap shot, but the fact is he was approaching Clarkson after being told to move away multiple times, he got extremely close to Clarkson and anything could have happened. Clarkson pushed him away forcefully, the guy was little more than staggered but it at least got him to concede distance.

The Judd case was a little different, Judd had strangers come to his aid who distracted the man (and credit to those people for doing so) This gave Judd a chance to get away. I expect if the Hawthorn staff had done the same for Clarkson and stood between he and the instigator then he never would have made physical contact and nothing would have happened.

Of course the best thing to do is walk away, but I can't say I would have reacted any different than Clarkson if a drunk idiot I'd never met was getting in my personal space at midnight and following me home.

And that's the thing. Clarko did walk away, he walked about 50 meters away, the bloke followed him even after being asked three times to keep his distance. After all that Clarkson finally reacted physically.

Should we really judge Clarkson for trying to put some distance between himself and a potentially dangerous person?

According to Clarko the guy had harassed them all the way up the laneway.

Clarko suddenly feels "threatened" and has to lash out the very second he's about to jump inside and amongst his mates?

Of course it was a cheap shot. He waited until the drunk wouldn't get a chance to retaliate.

Clarksons problem is clearly anger and all people with this issue experience one thing: the need to take their anger out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have whacked him like that *hero Clarkson
dont worry he really wanted to. did you hear juddys comments on the matter.he lamented that in these instances he has to wait to be basically hit before he can do a thing.

i dunno what its all coming to. take the clarkson incident. geez if that yobbo took my space in a pub or where ever. id hit first and ask questions later and the bloke would have got his just deserts.
not too long ago this was the prevailing attitude in society i reckon its time to get back to it.

simple really if you dont want to get hit dont act like a total tool and dont invade peoples space.

go and do a self defense course. your taught to not allow aggresive people into your personal space. you are taught to hit first.

According to Clarko the guy had harassed them all the way up the laneway.

Clarko suddenly feels "threatened" and has to lash out the very second he's about to jump inside and amongst his mates?

Of course it was a cheap shot. He waited until the drunk wouldn't get a chance to retaliate.

Clarksons problem is clearly anger and all people with this issue experience one thing: the need to take their anger out.

What are you talking about? The guy may have been harassing them from a distance but it was only when he got in Clarksons personal space that he lashed out. You're proving my point.

Clarkson pushes the guy away, creates some distance and then bolts for the door of the hotel to make sure he's safe. That sounds like a good way to deal with a potentially dangerous person. If he didn't the guy may have followed him through the hotel door.

Clarkson didn't seek a violent confrontation it was imposed on him. The same type of drunk who confronted Clarkson - is typical of the type who commits violent acts in public and in his own home. I can understand Clarkson's reaction - it was a defensive act. In this case you have to ask why no Hawthorn person sought to interpose themselves??

Judd situation was a different defensive act. Judd had the opportunity to leave quietly. If the bloke actually managed to corner Judd - I suspect Judd's reaction may have been rather more physical.

Actually, other Hawthorn people DID interpose, there were three idiots, only one has been highlighted.

I don't know why these people pick on AFL players/coaches, they obviously don't realise how much time they spend pushing weights and laying into body bags. The average AFL player could thoroughly destroy the average idiot in the street if they really wanted to.

Well done Judd for walking away, there's no comparison though. Judd hadn't just coached his team to a disappointing loss over the previous 3 hours and then survived a press conference afterwards. That would be stressful enough without having lunatics in your face as well.

What an absolute ****ing peanut.

Judd handled that well. If that clown has any connection at all to the club he should be IMMEDIATELY banned.

The stoop across the road from where Essendon train would be the absolute closest possible connection this bloke has with anything or anyone from Essendon

dont worry he really wanted to. did you hear juddys comments on the matter.he lamented that in these instances he has to wait to be basically hit before he can do a thing.

i dunno what its all coming to. take the clarkson incident. geez if that yobbo took my space in a pub or where ever. id hit first and ask questions later and the bloke would have got his just deserts.
not too long ago this was the prevailing attitude in society i reckon its time to get back to it.

simple really if you dont want to get hit dont act like a total tool and dont invade peoples space.

go and do a self defense course. your taught to not allow aggresive people into your personal space. you are taught to hit first.

Enjoy that when four of his mates clobber you or your friends over the back of the head and kick the living s**t out of you.

Yeah it was a prevailing view in society.... a less violent more respectful society, where weapons, cowardly acts and alcohol and drug abuse weren't as big a problem.

Violence in the streets is destroying lives. Go and ask a copper or an ER doc.

Swallowing your pride is hard, getting out of a coma or going to your mates funeral is harder.

Judd handled that well. If that clown has any connection at all to the club he should be IMMEDIATELY banned.

The only connection between he and the club is DRUGS...
Oh wait, I am a Dons supporter.

Well played Judd, should have gone full chicken wing.

If by chance this (clearly unwell) person made it into Judds personal space and Judd needed to use reasonable force to remove him from this space I'd be cool with that.

Was going to rip to the body by the looks of it.

Someone needs to teach him to keep his hands up protecting his face and elbows in if he wants to shape up to others like a wannabe hero. :cool:

This idiot would struggle to hit water if he fell out of a boat in the middle of Port Phillip Bay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back