Injury Chris Knights - Will have surgery, 10-12 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shame as his best (and i mean his current best) is well and truly in our best 22.

I know for a fact from his family that he really does love being at the club too and hates not being able to repay the faith the club has put in him.

I cant see a way back without 4-6 weeks solid in the magoos now.

A shame

Future playing coach for the VFL team

Let me make this clear I am not happy he broke down again..
I do remember getting howled down by some of you campaigners when I said he was done after a minor injury set back in the pre season..
He had 2 years of this before he got to RFC, his body isnt up to it.
THE THIN MAN is right he is a failed experiment

Shattered for the guy! Watching the replay of the game, I heard the commentators mention him playing his 102nd game over 10 seasons. I had no idea it was so little. :( That's effectively 6 season working through rehab and sitting on the sidelines.

Done

He's done
Was done at Adelaide and now is well and truely gone
He's nothing special anyway

kejom.jpg

Really sad for Knights - I read somewhere muscle injuries are sometimes common when coming back from a long layoff. So I'm hoping it's only a minor setback for him.

When fit, he offers us a bit of class and flair across the forwardline. IMO, we are a better team when Knights is fit and out there.

Hasn't he been doing some coaching for our VFL boys whilst doing his rehab? Reckon that shows good character on his part as a leader/senior player at the club.

Would love to see him string a few games together and get a good run without injury. He's had rotten luck with injuries in the last few years. :(

Shattered for the guy! Watching the replay of the game, I heard the commentators mention him playing his 102nd game over 10 seasons. I had no idea it was so little. :( That's effectively 6 season working through rehab and sitting on the sidelines.

Then you remember he has probably spent 10 yrs earning 300k-400k to do a gym and you don't feel so bad.

Chris Knights' 'Talent & Kill'
Ricky Petterd's 'Heart & Discipline'
Matt Thomas' 'Physique & Toughness'
Nathan Gordon's 'Running & Endurance'

Tease our reyclyed players all you want but IF we could somehow merge these 4 players into one.. would create a quality footballer..

Or.. they could get all the crap qualities and end up like DeVito in Twins...

Chris Knights' 'Talent & Kill'
Ricky Petterd's 'Heart & Discipline'
Matt Thomas' 'Physique & Toughness'
Nathan Gordon's 'Running & Endurance'

Tease our reyclyed players all you want but IF we could somehow merge these 4 players into one.. would create a quality footballer..

Or.. they could get all the crap qualities and end up like DeVito in Twins...

Harsh...the other 3 are battlers. A fit Knights is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he comes back and plays a few in the VFL before breaking back into the afl side by about Round 16 or 17. We could use him at the business end of the season and in the finals.

Could have a Stuey Dew moment ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back