The Law Chris Lane shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to me you're trying to shoehorn in a racial element to the crime based on pretty much no evidence.
Even if I were to accept that comment, I would say that if its good enough for the POTUS in the Trayvon case to concoct a racial element that isn't there, its good enough for me in this case.

But no, keep rationalizing for three black racist murderers.

Even if I were to accept that comment, I would say that if its good enough for the POTUS in the Trayvon case to concoct a racial element that isn't there, its good enough for me in this case.

But no, keep rationalizing for three black racist murderers.
Not sure of the answer to this, but was the person alleged by his father (think the name was Johnson) to have been the next victim also white?

I made the mistake of seeking out USA news websites and then made it worse by reading the comment section.

Over and over I read comments from Americans claiming that Australia has a significantly worse rape record than Australia and that it has become worse since the tightening of our gun laws, this is why they need to be armed. Frustrated by this I decided to seek out the truth.

They are correct in stating that per capital we have a high level of sexual crimes and it has grown since the change in gun laws. However Australia also has a much higher level of convictions, which completely wipes out the argument as the rapists are merely getting away with it in the states. Furthermore I read that the growth has predominantly been in crimes against children, are they calling for the children to be armed? I suspect the growth against children would have allot to do with crimes committed through the internet.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I'd like to be armed with the correct understanding on the issue.

How lucky are we to live in Australia? Live in America and get shot in a drive by shooting, live in some parts of Europe and have young children rob and threaten you, live in the middle east and have your own government gas you.

I agree with you in general- but tbh as a woman, I dont feel particularly safe. I dont feel safe to walk alone at night, to catch public transport alone at night, etc etc etc. Trust me the list goes on.

While I am continually frustrated with the USA's attitude towards guns and gun control (or lack thereof), Australia certainly isnt perfect either.

Furthermore I read that the growth has predominantly been in crimes against children, are they calling for the children to be armed? I suspect the growth against children would have allot to do with crimes committed through the internet.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I'd like to be armed with the correct understanding on the issue.

Wasnt one of the "solutions" suggested after Sandy Hook elementary massacre, was to arm teachers with guns??

I swear to god, you dont know whether to laugh or cry.

I made the mistake of seeking out USA news websites and then made it worse by reading the comment section.

Over and over I read comments from Americans claiming that Australia has a significantly worse rape record than Australia and that it has become worse since the tightening of our gun laws, this is why they need to be armed. Frustrated by this I decided to seek out the truth.

They are correct in stating that per capital we have a high level of sexual crimes and it has grown since the change in gun laws. However Australia also has a much higher level of convictions, which completely wipes out the argument as the rapists are merely getting away with it in the states. Furthermore I read that the growth has predominantly been in crimes against children, are they calling for the children to be armed? I suspect the growth against children would have allot to do with crimes committed through the internet.

I prefer tough gun laws but here is the problem:

- Guns aren't the problem, culture is. In Switzerland most men have their military high powered rifle at home yet the gun crime is low. America has loads of guns and the gun crime is high. The difference isn't the guns, rather the culture of the people.

Australia unfortunately has a horrible and aggressive culture, like the US, as such I prefer we do not have guns freely available in society.

- Guns are easily accessible by criminals. The navy, mafia and bikie gangs import guns and then these guns get distributed to criminal elements.

The solution isn't arming everyone with guns in response, rather being caught in possession of an illegal fire arm should simply mean a life sentence and a compulsory sex change.

Unfortunately however a conviction doesn't guarantee the appropriate penalty here such is the leniency of our pathetic sentencing laws and parole board.Least one thing is pretty much certain the US don't stuff around when it comes to punishment.If this had happened in Australia the lowlife scum would've copped probably three months in Malmsbury Juvi with a job ,education scholarship and a new identity waiting for them when they got out. If they get life it will mean life and by the sounds they were very lucky the laws were changed as recently as 2000 preventing juvenile execution:(.

Obama was quick to jump on the Trayvon bandwagon for political gain over there ,so far has been silent ,doesn't know anything about it or words to that effect were the only words uttered ,by his silence or admission of ignorance ,he himself is making this a racial issue.Easy to see which side is running America nowdays .The difference between the two cases is not that Chris Lane was simply going for a jog minding his own business as against a guy who was shot during a physical altercation whilst acting suspiciously in a neighbourhood he had no reason to be in ,no it was definitely in Obama's eyes that one was black and the other white so doesn't appeal to the social demographic that got him elected to a second term.

Bold part totally wrong and ignorant beyond belief. Not saying this murder wasn't racially motivated, because to be honest it may well be. But to say in the Trayvon Martin case that he was "acting suspiciously" while walking home. Then top it off to say he had no right to be in that neighbourhood, who made you leader of all people to tell them what neighbourhoods they can be allowed in.

Yeah this is a case of cold-blooded murder and the perpetrators regardless of age should pay the ultimate penalty but unfortunately they won't. The silence of the Obama administration whether it be in the context of gun laws or the pathetic gang culture that exists within the black and imported races over there, is in itself making it a black community Vs white community thing ,but of course he won't highlight anything that is going to offend his mostly black and Hispanic supporters who were responsible for voting back into office again.

Correct me if I am wrong.

But show me a President in recent memory even thinking of enacting stricter gun laws or speaking out about it like Obama recently. Not a massive Obama fan but please stick to facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id want to be carrying over there too, see how many people called for killing crackers/ whites after the Martin/Zimmerman case? Look at their knockout games, the thug in this case saying he knocked out 5 whites since Trayvon. Its pretty clear whites are being targeted and if any of that attitude even raises its head here you bet ill carry here too.

You dont have to look hard to find many calling for race wars, or mass killings of whites.

Kill the Crackers, Kill them all

DHS employee spends spare time promoting race war against 'whites'

“War on the Horizon,” declares, “in order for Black people to survive the 21st century, we are going to have to kill a lot of whites – more than our Christian hearts can possibly count,” the Alabama-based SPLC said in its report.

I'm anti gun. But if I lived in America or was spending a lot of time there, I would certainly look at owning a handgun for self defense. It's a classic "when in Rome" scenario. You don't look for trouble, but if trouble happens, it can very likely lead to gunfire. We don't have that here thankfully.

And I'm not suggesting that this young man would have been better off packing heat while on a jog.

White anti authority nutjobs, general crims with nothing to lose, black gangbangers with a gun culture are all part of the mix. Not to mention seemingly everyday citizens with mental health issues who have guns. Scary stuff. I don't blame Americans for wanting to own a gun. Their runaway train bolted long ago.

These three pieces of (alleged) garbage didn't seem to have the slightest problem in getting their hands on a handgun.

Bored? Want to murder someone? Using a firearm? Easy. No problems.

Welcome to the USA.

Took 50 posts for the real problem to be addressed. Every country has its 2pac loving teenage thugs. In Australia they smoke, bully and abuse anything they can get their hands on. In the US that just happens to be guns!

I'm anti gun. But if I lived in America or was spending a lot of time there, I would certainly look at owning a handgun for self defense. It's a classic "when in Rome" scenario. You don't look for trouble, but if trouble happens, it can very likely lead to gunfire. We don't have that here thankfully.

Well apparently you could not. If you are not an American citizen you cannot legally own a firearm. So crazily Chris Lane could not have possessed a weapon to defend himself against his 3 killers.

Read that in an article over the weekend in the Herald Sun. Pretty good article imo- also told how the journo witnessed a gun swap meet in Texas. Swapping semi-automatic rifles, etc at this place and no background checks, nothing. The country is mad.

Bold part totally wrong and ignorant beyond belief. Not saying this murder wasn't racially motivated, because to be honest it may well be. But to say in the Trayvon Martin case that he was "acting suspiciously" while walking home. Then top it off to say he had no right to be in that neighbourhood, who made you leader of all people to tell them what neighbourhoods they can be allowed in.
Here in Aus say in Melbourne if we say "don't go to this suburb "or don't go down that street" we're really only guessing that its a bad area you might get mugged ,you might not ,we don't know that for sure ,not so in the US there are some definite no go zones for whites in most cities but it works both ways such is the culture and frequency of crime ,i'm not telling anybody who belongs in what neighbourhood just stating how it is over there ,if it wasn't so bad why do they feel the need to have armed neighbourhood watch vigilante squads in the first place. Just hope we never end up like that here although Western Sydney couldn't get much worse at the moment.

They're not stats which can be fairly compared. Sex offence stats are heavily dependent on reporting and prosecution rates and generally aren't a reliable indicator of the actual offence rate. It's even harder to compare between countries, which have different cultures and different definitions of sexual offences (eg. a rape here may be an assault elsewhere, depending on what forms of penetration constitute rape).

There's been massive reform in sexual offence law over the last decade or so; statistical increases most likely reflect increased confidence in the system rather than increased offending - particularly when one considers that a substantial number of the current sex offence prosecutions relate to offences from the 80s or even earlier.

Can't believe everyone has focused on the black vs white thing.

The clear issue is that the US cultural approach to guns is inferior to ours. They are so in love with that damned 2nd amendment of theirs. It's is a piece of crap that should have been REDACTED by any sane country. and the justification for it, among other things, we don't trust our police/government. Here's a hint if you don't like your government and fear it so much do what the refugees do and get on a boat. With luck they'd drown somewhere in the Atlantic...

Stupid Yankee gun nuts.

Yet another US gun massacre

Are they just stupid, incompetent or all psychopaths over there?

And when they say "oh its our 2nd amendment, it's an important piece of our consititution" I call it C**P. Cannibales get re-educated and told to cease their behaviours. Pedophilllia is not tolerated now, but used to be back in Ancient Greece. This is yet another example of an outdated cultural viewpoint that requires re-education.

Yet another US gun massacre

Are they just stupid, incompetent or all psychopaths over there?

And when they say "oh its our 2nd amendment, it's an important piece of our consititution" I call it C**P. Cannibales get re-educated and told to cease their behaviours. Pedophilllia is not tolerated now, but used to be back in Ancient Greece. This is yet another example of an outdated cultural viewpoint that requires re-education.

There goes their theory that if people are armed, they can "take down the shooter".

I doubt their revered founding fathers had this in mind when writing that piece of paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back