Chris Masten biting allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

So there won't be any melts if it is changed? lol
:$
No melt, I just don't see why you or anyone else cares so much. It just seems like a point scoring attempt to make you feel better. I didn't see you over in the Silvagni thread demanding that title be changed? Likewise, I didn't see anyone else in that thread writing 20 sentences demanding a thread title change.

No melt, I just don't see why you or anyone else cares so much. It just seems like a point scoring attempt to make you feel better. I didn't see you over in the Silvagni thread demanding that title be changed? Likewise, I didn't see anyone else in that thread writing 20 sentences demanding a thread title change.
For the record, I haven't demanded anything. I have made a single post replying in agreeance with a neutral supporter. I then posted a reply to someone who quoted my post as I am doing now after being quoted several times. I simply noted that I shared the initial posters' opinion that for the sake of accuracy, yes it probably should be changed. Will it? Probably not. Do I care particularly strongly? No I don't. Sorry I am eloquent.

If someone feels that the Silvagni thread should be changed, they should head over there and make a polite request as some have done here.

Not sure how anyone can defend that piece of s**t Masten. There is clearly a bitemark shown on Subans arm on the below photo.
Not many people are defending him. Most Eagles supporters thought it was worth a few weeks, even if we accept their defence it was a reflex response. Many thought the 6-8 people were calling for was a bit ridiculous.

If Masten is a piece of s**t, what do you think of Silvagni and his off the ball hit? The MRP determined that was worth twice the sanction, so I guess objectively he is twice as much a piece of s**t? Maybe we could call him a double s**t? Or do we start classifying it like Silvagni is the smelly piece of s**t you get after eating too much curry and drinking too much red wine? While Masten is just your standard high fibre s**t?

Not many people are defending him. Most Eagles supporters thought it was worth a few weeks, even if we accept their defence it was a reflex response. Many thought the 6-8 people were calling for was a bit ridiculous.

If Masten is a piece of s**t, what do you think of Silvagni and his off the ball hit? The MRP determined that was worth twice the sanction, so I guess objectively he is twice as much a piece of s**t? Maybe we could call him a double s**t? Or do we start classifying it like Silvagni is the smelly piece of s**t you get after eating too much curry and drinking too much red wine? While Masten is just your standard high fibre s**t?
Silvagni at least took his punishment like a man, apologized after his 4 weeks were handed down. Silvagni deserved more and got more. Masten cried like the little bitch that he is. And then you add in dickheads like Schofield who try and get all high and mighty about the players code. * the players code, if someone bites you that isn't on. I'm positive if there was no footage of the Silvagni hit, Cripps would have given evidence amd rightly so.

Silvagni at least took his punishment like a man, apologized after his 4 weeks were handed down. Silvagni deserved more and got more. Masten cried like the little bitch that he is. And then you add in dickheads like Schofield who try and get all high and mighty about the players code. **** the players code, if someone bites you that isn't on. I'm positive if there was no footage of the Silvagni hit, Cripps would have given evidence amd rightly so.

Yeh well - what could Dogvagni do other than apologize. Plain as day that he sniped. Real men don't coward hit people in the first place.

Silvagni at least took his punishment like a man, apologized after his 4 weeks were handed down. Silvagni deserved more and got more. Masten cried like the little bitch that he is. And then you add in dickheads like Schofield who try and get all high and mighty about the players code. **** the players code, if someone bites you that isn't on. I'm positive if there was no footage of the Silvagni hit, Cripps would have given evidence amd rightly so.
In the same vein, **** the apology, if someone cold utensils you in the jaw with their elbow - that isn't on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis was the victim of massive racial abuse on the field and covert discrimination in the melbourne media - which drives the tribunal (PR)

Masten was not guilty of deliberate biting (the only real charge) but had to be found guilty to appease the media. Thus a tokenish penalty by a week tribunal

Sounds like straws and grasping them.

F**k are you blokes still going on about this. Tribunal thought it was worth 2 weeks so pick up your toys and move along.

Can't believe X player sits in the shadows for however long his career has been. Only to break fame and become known to the AFL general public as a biter.

I'm still in shock that a player can be found guilty of biting and only receive a 2 match suspension. The most bizarre and inadequate penalty imposed by the tribunal in recent memory. Unbelievable decision. Typical of the AFL to downplay any possible controversy and sweep the unsavoury stuff under the rug.

I'm of the school of the opinion that Masten should've been rubbed out for the remainder of the season.

He is very lucky the "biased Victorian media" fixed their gun sights squarely on James Hird after the weekend. It mostly went under the radar due to the Hird business. Had they beaten up the biting incident like they did the Brian Lake choke on Petrie then Masten would be out for 7 or 8 matches.

Last edited:
I'm still in shock that a player can be found guilty of biting and only receive a 2 match suspension. The most bizarre and inadequate penalty imposed by the tribunal in recent memory. Unbelievable decision. Typical of the AFL to downplay any possible controversy and sweep s**t the unsavoury stuff under the rug.

I'm of the school of the opinion that Masten should've been rubbed out for the remainder of the season.

He is very lucky the "biased Victorian media" fixed their gun sights squarely on James Hird after the weekend. It mostly went under the radar due to the Hird business. Had they beaten up the biting incident like they did the Brian Lake choke on Petrie then Masten would be out for 7 or 8 matches.

The media over here was painting Suban as the bad guy out of all of this lol

I'm still in shock that a player can be found guilty of biting and only receive a 2 match suspension. The most bizarre and inadequate penalty imposed by the tribunal in recent memory. Unbelievable decision. Typical of the AFL to downplay any possible controversy and sweep the unsavoury stuff under the rug.

It's they had no definitive proof beyond two people's word and some footage from the wrong side. 2 weeks is woefully inadequate if you think he deliberately bit a player, should be 8 week minimum. Disgusting low act. It's because they had no proof, but its not a good look for the game so better be seen to do something. Was just woefully mismanaged from day one. 2 weeks if you think he's guilty is a disgrace.

Either say he's guilty and give him 8, or admit that you don't actually know and let him off. Just because it's a bad look for the game doesn't mean you have to penalise him. Would hate to see anybody who deliberately bit a player get 2, weak call from the tribunal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back