Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

no argument here - its the only reason im not saying id drop him, someone has to be demanding his spot
Did you read my post?

I said he loses the spot when someone is demanding is more than he is
As you can see i have included the post i read.
The point being made is Newman did not have to play top footy in the twos to get a game. Why would you demand the same from others. Which is clearly what you are saying. Why one rule for Chris and a differing one for others.
Iwould say McDonough demanded a game and was over looked for a favorite son who did stuff all.

As you can see i have included the post i read.
The point being made is Newman did not have to play top footy in the twos to get a game. Why would you demand the same from others. Which is clearly what you are saying. Why one rule for Chris and a differing one for others.
Iwould say McDonough demanded a game and was over looked for a favorite son who did stuff all.

What do you think demanding the spot means? It means performing the role in the ressies better than he is in the seniors

He had an okay night in Sydney, so someone needed to step up in the Vfl (and donuts didn't according to most)

What do you think demanding the spot means? It means performing the role in the ressies better than he is in the seniors

He had an okay night in Sydney, so someone needed to step up in the Vfl (and donuts didn't according to most)
Im clearly talking about what got Newman selected in the first place. The very thing you are asking others to do was never asked of Newman and has not been asked for a long while now.
By the way for a bloke of his experience he had a poor game imo. In fact good sides would not accept it.

Im clearly talking about what got Newman selected in the first place. The very thing you are asking others to do was never asked of Newman and has not been asked for a long while now.
By the way for a bloke of his experience he had a poor game imo. In fact good sides would not accept it.

Well the post I wrote was about him KEEPING the spot, not getting it

On getting it, refer to my earlier posts, I said the only reason I accepted the elevation off his vfl form was the specific issues of the game, it being at the scg and against the Swans. Defensive ability and maintaining your zone is more important up their than speed and run

On donuts, he'd be getting the job IMO if he had shown any consistency in performing the lock down role a small forward has to perform today. It's why king and now Morris keep the role, because as we saw with the likes of nahas, if you don't defend the ball pings out at a hundred mile an hour these days

Well the post I wrote was about him KEEPING the spot, not getting it

On getting it, refer to my earlier posts, I said the only reason I accepted the elevation off his vfl form was the specific issues of the game, it being at the scg and against the Swans. Defensive ability and maintaining your zone is more important up their than speed and run

On donuts, he'd be getting the job IMO if he had shown any consistency in performing the lock down role a small forward has to perform today. It's why king and now Morris keep the role, because as we saw with the likes of nahas, if you don't defend the ball pings out at a hundred mile an hour these days
All good mate just a minor mis understanding. your talking now im talking past tense so to speak.
On Mc D i dont rate him. I was just making the point that he had played some good footy for a few weeks leading up to the Sydney game. In contrast Newman had done virtually nothing yet was selected. Please tell me what exactly was Newmans role against Sydney. Sml fwd please when. He managed his best footy down back and it was hardly enough.

All good mate just a minor mis understanding. your talking now im talking past tense so to speak.
On Mc D i dont rate him. I was just making the point that he had played some good footy for a few weeks leading up to the Sydney game. In contrast Newman had done virtually nothing yet was selected. Please tell me what exactly was Newmans role against Sydney. Sml fwd please when. He managed his best footy down back and it was hardly enough.
From memory McDonough had one very good match prior to the Sydney game, but was inconsistent before that. He was in the best on the RFC site this week again so hopefully he's not finding that consistency and will push for selection.

Already posted he wasn't outstanding, and had to be moved back as a result

Issue is no one is really standing out for this role, so the bar is pretty low

Credits in the bank, the opposition, the role, his experience, all reasons he got the nod ahead of others.

Newman's body has proven that it is not up to finals footy let alone his average H/A form.Go and watch his two finals and you will see how his leadership offered nothing let alone his skills or fitness or ability.Hope we finish fourth or above so DH can make the change in the second week.
Nothing more to say on him as his game was ordinary and yes i agree that's about the best we're going to get from him.
I would love to see players like Madonna Short Lennon get a gig bc they've clearly shown they can get 20-30 possessions at VFL level. Whereas Newman gave the same 10 or so meh meh possessions on the same stage.Kidding ourselves if we think he's going to get better.Aiming too low with him in the side and as usual people are easily satisfied with mediocrity.Time to turn off the life support on Newman and upgrade him bc we will go one man short in the finals

[Qhave IUOTE=""The Roar Is Back", post: 39348790, member: 37329"]Two girls are at a bar and horsing for it , one you know goes well ( newy) , the other has proven to be a dud and left you with itchy nuts ( donuts ) , which do you take home ?[/QUOTE].
Which ones dad owns a brewery?
W

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's list clogging.

McDonough, Lennon, Lloyd, Menadue, Morris, Elton, Dea

Should all be given a game before him because there is actually a possibility they will improve.

The thing that scares me the most is we get to finals fully fit and Newman gets picked just because he is old and on the verge of retirement. Unfortunately Newman did nothing in his two previous finals to suggest he could help us in any way.

Two girls are at a bar and horsing for it , one you know goes well ( newy) , the other has proven to be a dud and left you with itchy nuts ( donuts ) , which do you take home ?

What if the one who used to go very well has lost her form and goes from Cowgirl and Reverse inverted doggy positions to being a starfish?

Id wanna be the bloke who was first to break to the walls and venture into a land never seen by man before.... its about the challenge!

Newman's body has proven that it is not up to finals footy let alone his average H/A form.Go and watch his two finals and you will see how his leadership offered nothing let alone his skills or fitness or ability.Hope we finish fourth or above so DH can make the change in the second week.
Nothing more to say on him as his game was ordinary and yes i agree that's about the best we're going to get from him.
I would love to see players like Madonna Short Lennon get a gig bc they've clearly shown they can get 20-30 possessions at VFL level. Whereas Newman gave the same 10 or so meh meh possessions on the same stage.Kidding ourselves if we think he's going to get better.Aiming too low with him in the side and as usual people are easily satisfied with mediocrity.Time to turn off the life support on Newman and upgrade him bc we will go one man short in the finals

His first half against Carlton was very good in that disastrous final two years ago. Came back early from an ankle injury and after half time you could see whenever he was walking he was limping - played through quite a bit of pain that day. There's no doubt he isn't what he used to be but he is in the team for experience and leadership - and finishing ability. Until Ben Lennon, Menadue, McDonough, etc start ripping games apart in the twos week in week out Chris stays in for mine. These boys need to know that nothing short of consistent quality will get them elevated above a former captain of the club. Competition for spots - priceless.

His first half against Carlton was very good in that disastrous final two years ago. Came back early from an ankle injury and after half time you could see whenever he was walking he was limping - played through quite a bit of pain that day. There's no doubt he isn't what he used to be but he is in the team for experience and leadership - and finishing ability. Until Ben Lennon, Menadue, McDonough, etc start ripping games apart in the twos week in week out Chris stays in for mine. These boys need to know that nothing short of consistent quality will get them elevated above a former captain of the club. Competition for spots - priceless.
cannot agree based on your second sentence .Then where was his leadership last years final let alone the cfc final where he imo was a passenger .I don't think he will be missed bc we won four games without him and as Dock911 stated

"McDonough, Lennon, Lloyd, Menadue, Morris, Elton, Dea

Should all be given a game before him because there is actually a possibility they will improve."
Newman cannot improve ,but has deteriorated greatly over the last 4 seasons .Speed ,physical health and skills are poor.
Cannot agree on any of your lines as we now have genuine leaders and not just two of them
Rance Cotch Jack Lids Chaplin are well passed him

Just remembered how "BRAVE" Newy was when Buddy cleaned up Titch...
Really flew the flag as a leader and first on the scene... LOL

Annoys me so much that he is getting a game, he hasn't been any good for 3 years and he's not exactly a club legend. Really clogging the development of some guys like McDonough (who I rate) and Lennon...etc.

Two girls are at a bar and horsing for it , one you know goes well ( newy) , the other has proven to be a dud and left you with itchy nuts ( donuts ) , which do you take home ?
A closer analogy would go.
Two girls in a bar, One dressed up as mutton trying to regain past glories, The other is young and sexy and ready to go off like a rocket.

4 possessions including an ABC kick entry to the forwardline that he stuffed up against GWS to 3/4 time.

Pathetic passenger in 2015.

He is a liability in 2015....must retire end of season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back