Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
If we've created a culture out of taking the piss out of our most fanatical supporters then we've created a crap culture . Yes we've all been to functions in our work life we don't want to go to but we don't create puff pieces of us taking the piss out of our clients.

This is a joke and 80% of it shouldn't of got past the cutting room floor. Our media manager is un professional to let that crap hit our website .

I wonder if taking the piss out of our supporters is one of the " certain set of values" that combined together equals " The Richmond Way " Hardwick always craps on about
As opposed to taking the piss out of our club, its players and staff like on here?

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't mind the immaturity and the stupidity.
It's going to a sponsors function and not actually promoting the said sponsors that annoys me a bit. In fact the attitude of "I'd rather be anywhere else" was the problem. Like they forgot it was actually going to be broadcast.
At least pretend a bit.
Not sure how your going to promote 100 plus sponsors into a 5 minute video. Take the video in the context it is delivered and you wont be upset about it.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
Chaplin??? Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of him being in the leadership group.... Mind you the players voted him in.... so perhaps they should be shouldering some of the blame.....

For 2016 who would you like to see in/out of the leadership team?

I'd like Morris/Chappy out.... JR, Miles and Vlas in.... without really thinking about it.
Yeah makes you wonder how the players could vote in a big head line that but then again when you see Footage of him , Newman,Deledio and Grigg sitting around drinking coffee in their designer beanies drinking coffee taking the piss out of each other you understand how it happened . Hope they clean Chappy Griggs and Newman out at years end of the year just in the no dick head policy .

Lids can stay , when your that good you can be a bit of a w***er and we'll let it slide

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure how your going to promote 100 plus sponsors into a 5 minute video. Take the video in the context it is delivered and you wont be upset about it.

Well yeah, that's impossible. But JR could have played the "corporate message" rather than do what he did.
People pay shitloads of money to bask in the glory of their heroes. I reckon they deserve a bit better.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Well yeah, that's impossible. But JR could have played the "corporate message" rather than do what he did.
People pay shitloads of money to bask in the glory of their heroes. I reckon they deserve a bit better.
And you don't think they get their monies worth over the course of the night and not what is said in a 5 min video clearly taking the piss out of the players?

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
And you don't think they get their monies worth over the course of the night and not what is said in a 5 min video clearly taking the piss out of the players?
This doesn't make sense . Let them show up , take their money , sign a jumper for them , sell them some raffle tickets , take more of their money , send them home and release a club video of the senior players taking the piss out of them .

But they got their money's worth.

This is Flea for I've got nothing and then sum. The club should recall this video before some of these sponsors find the time to watch it

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond

They go to the function then come home and watch the video to see JR disrespecting the event.
That's all.
No one got murdered, just thought the video was poorly edited. ie not edited enough.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
This doesn't make sense . Let them show up , take their money , sign a jumper for them , sell them some raffle tickets , take more of their money , send them home and release a club video of the senior players taking the piss out of them .

But they got their money's worth.

This is Flea for I've got nothing and then sum. The club should recall this video before some of these sponsors find the time to watch it
What dribble. And I think to say the video in any way takes the piss out of the sponsors is just crap either. I would like you to show me 1 sponsor who thinks he is being shafted by the players on the night and what was in the video. Your just wingeing for the sake of it.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
You are the only person that said they should , your not making sense tonight , have you been drinking a bit of grandpas old
Juice ?

Notice the NOT in that post? Read it again.

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah makes you wonder how the players could vote in a big head line that but then again when you see Footage of him , Newman,Deledio and Grigg sitting around drinking coffee in their designer beanies drinking coffee taking the piss out of each other you understand how it happened . Hope they clean Chappy Griggs and Newman out at years end of the year just in the no dick head policy .

Lids can stay , when your that good you can be a bit of a ****** and we'll let it slide

Well surely Newy will retire.... I mean surely...surely.

Chappy won't but needs to be put on the not an automatic selection list (which should be almost everyone).... love to see Elton getting games in front of him by the end of 2016.... How old is Chappy? At least get him out of the leadership group (won't happen because he is an 'honest' talker).

Grigg is the one that really needs to be depth/20-22nd player picked. As I said in another thread.... his best is good enough but under that is not good enough and we probably have players with a higher ceiling than Grigg who aren't getting games because their current game influence isn't what Grigg can produce currently.... give them 40 games though and I think they could go past him. Particularly in our losses... Grigg plays well in our wins and poorly in our losses (in general, I'm sure there are exceptions to both).

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
What dribble. And I think to say the video in any way takes the piss out of the sponsors is just crap either. I would like you to show me 1 sponsor who thinks he is being shafted by the players on the night and what was in the video. Your just wingeing for the sake of it.
That doesn't make sense . Have you watched the interviews ?

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Well surely Newy will retire.... I mean surely...surely.

Chappy won't but needs to be put on the not an automatic selection list (which should be almost everyone).... love to see Elton getting games in front of him by the end of 2016.... How old is Chappy? At least get him out of the leadership group (won't happen because he is an 'honest' talker).

Grigg is the one that really needs to be depth/20-22nd player picked. As I said in another thread.... his best is good enough but under that is not good enough and we probably have players with a higher ceiling than Grigg who aren't getting games because their current game influence isn't what Grigg can produce currently.... give them 40 games though and I think they could go past him. Particularly in our losses... Grigg plays well in our wins and poorly in our losses (in general, I'm sure there are exceptions to both).
In all honesty I have no problem with Grigg as a footballer as long as he gets dropped when he runs into some poor form , Chappy the same but if we were implementing a no dick head policy like the Swans did in the early 2000's they'd be out the door today with Newman.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
It does make sense and yes I have. Clearly I think it is a light hearted banter video.
Well why are you talking about promoting 100 sponsors ? Your not making sense. It's obviously a light hearted video that went bad and needed to be edited and wasn't . Have a coffee , drink some water or have a shower before you post drunk .

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Who was asking anyone to promote the sponsors ? NOT sure your making sense tonight .

Well actually Liv did when he said this.
I don't mind the immaturity and the stupidity.
It's going to a sponsors function and not actually promoting the said sponsors that annoys me a bit. In fact the attitude of "I'd rather be anywhere else" was the problem. Like they forgot it was actually going to be broadcast.
At least pretend a bit.

So this is the reason why I said we cant promote so many sponsors within the time frame.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Well why are you talking about promoting 100 sponsors ? Your not making sense. It's obviously a light hearted video that went bad and needed to be edited and wasn't . Have a coffee , drink some water or have a shower before you post drunk .
Yeah sure I must be drunk if I have a diferring view. You really won me over with that gem.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Well actually Liv did when he said this.

So this is the reason why I said we cant promote so many sponsors within the time frame.
Where did you get your 100 from ? Even by reading Livos post your not making sense . The video only went for about 6 minutes . You couldn't even run 100 sponsors names through on a credits real in 6 minutes

Back