News Chris Scott on Christensen

Remove this Banner Ad

_Me_

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2010
town
AFL Club
Geelong
chris Scott spoke about the bundy situation in the Hun today. Didn't seem like he understood bundy, and in the end just wanted him out. When the full truth comes out it will interesting.

chris Scott spoke about the bundy situation in the Hun today. Didn't seem like he understood bundy, and in the end just wanted him out. When the full truth comes out it will interesting.

I'm surprised you haven't blamed Ablett (or as you call him, Judas) for something yet.

Did Chris Scott force you to buy from a website and you got screwed over? Is that why you are angry at him?

Besides, I don't see why you are defending Christensen. Didn't he "betray the club" by leaving, just like Ablett did? Isn't he as disloyal?

Or is it different because it wasn't for money (since you are jealous that Ablett gets more playing for the Suns than you do asking "Would you like fries with that"?).

Or is it because you weren't silly enough to buy bundy stuff off a dodgy website, or Christensen didn't snub you for an autograph (like you seem to make out the Abletts did).

BTW, I would love the Abletts to do a reality show about their day-to-day lives. Imagine, a former footballer and his brothers, sons and relatives, discussing footy, the Bible and their day-to-day lives. It would be more interesting than any "Housewives" shows, and it would piss off _Me as well. So, it is win-win.

From what I heard Christensen was a nightmare for most of the year and has been a distraction for a while. There wasn't too many tears shed from the playing group when he left.

Oh, and the TL rumour is garbage.

Yeah lets start another thread on Bundy cos that will end well. :rolleyes: There will be posts with much more venom behind them from others relating to his departure than the one in which I wrote, that's for sure.

It's already been done to death, people just need to move on now.

From what I heard Christensen was a nightmare for most of the year and has been a distraction for a while. There wasn't too many tears shed from the playing group when he left.

Are you able/willing to elaborate on that? I've heard and read a few similar sentiments and am quite interested to know the actual details, since Christensen was one of my favourites.

Fully understand if you would rather not elaborate on a public forum, though.

Are you able/willing to elaborate on that? I've heard and read a few similar sentiments and am quite interested to know the actual details, since Christensen was one of my favourites.

Can't give you anything specific. He is apparently though very immature and has caused a number of issues the last couple of years. The senior group were comfortable seeing him out the door. The GFC admin didn't fight to keep him either.

Can't give you anything specific. He is apparently though very immature and has caused a number of issues the last couple of years. The senior group were comfortable seeing him out the door. The GFC admin didn't fight to keep him either.

That would lend some weight to Cracker Keenan's assertion in the most recent issue of Inside Football that Joel Selwood gave Bundy a few home truths about his lifestyle and lack of attention to his footy, which was apparently one of the reasons why Bundy chose to leave.

What the hell is 'TL'?

Is it true that Christensen basically disappeared for about a month during the last pre-season? Apparently no one from the club knew where he was during that time. It was only after he came back that the back issue was examined and he was then put in for surgery.

What the hell is 'TL'?

Is it true that Christensen basically disappeared for about a month during the last pre-season? Apparently no one from the club knew where he was during that time. It was only after he came back that the back issue was examined and he was then put in for surgery.

TL is Tom Lonergan & the rumours involving him & Bundy which sound like absolute rubbish but that's just what it means.

That would lend some weight to Cracker Keenan's assertion in the most recent issue of Inside Football that Joel Selwood gave Bundy a few home truths about his lifestyle and lack of attention to his footy, which was apparently one of the reasons why Bundy chose to leave.

Is it crossing the lines of needless gossip if this was discussed a bit further? Because personally I would be very interested in hearing theories/thoughts and suggestions as to what really happened? Understand if the mods don't want it posted though

Meaning people in the know feel free to PM me :D

Is it crossing the lines of needless gossip if this was discussed a bit further? Because personally I would be very interested in hearing theories/thoughts and suggestions as to what really happened? Understand if the mods don't want it posted though

Meaning people in the know feel free to PM me :D

Probably could be classed as needless gossip and I usually wouldn't care about the reasons behind player movements, but given the suddenness and unexpectedness of his departure - coupled with the fact that, as I mentioned, he was one of my favourites - I'd also quite like to know what went on.

Meaning if you get any PMs, pass them on to me ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- TL rubbish.
- As with all players in this game, they get chances after making mistakes or poor judgment.
- you either take those chances or you don't. And the leadership group plays a role in all most player decisions.

Go Catters

The article that the OP is talking about was also in yesterdays Geelong Addy, but unfortunately doesn't appear to be online anywhere - it was an interest short read and some of the stuff Scott had to say shows that the situation wasn't as immediate or sudden as it appeared to be come trade week, and while it may have been a shock to majority of the public, it doesn't seem to be the same for those within the footy club:

Scott said he took some time to understand Christensen's problems fully, but "it wasn't a matter of trying to talk him out of it".
"I took a couple of weeks at least at the end of the season to try and understand the situation better, and it was an evolving situation too," he said.
"So it wasn't as if we didn't know about the issues, but certainly it came to a head towards the end of the season, so once I understood where he was coming from, the decision was pretty easy in the end, for both parties."
Scott said the club did not play hardball in trying to get a better deal, as it might if a player was requesting a trade for different reasons.
"The priority for us was Allen's welfare. It's not always that was with trades," he said....
... "When it's a welfare issue and there are personal issues associated with it, we think as a club we've got a responsibility to do the right thing by our boys and we know that our other players are watching how we handle those situations as well."

Last edited:
This thread...:rolleyes:
You would know more than all of us! Can you put us out of our misery and intrigue in anyway???

:D

Last edited:
You reeeeaalllly want to know don't you...
yeah bloody oath, its just a curiosity thing that has now just grown haha

The article that the OP is talking about was also in yesterdays Geelong Addy, but unfortunately doesn't appear to be online anywhere - it was an interest short read and some of the stuff Scott had to say shows that the situation wasn't as immediate or sudden as it appeared to be come trade week, and while it may have been a shock to majority of the public, it doesn't seem to be the same for those within the footy club:

Scott said he took some time to understand Christensen's problems fully, but "it wasn't a matter of trying to talk him out of it".
"I took a couple of weeks at least at the end of the season to try and understand the situation better, and it was an evolving situation too," he said.
"So it wasn't as if we didn't know about the issues, but certainly it came to a head towards the end of the season, so once I understood where he was coming from, the decision was pretty easy in the end, for both parties."
Scott said the club did not play hardball in trying to get a better deal, as it might if a player was requesting a trade for different reasons.
"The priority for us was Allen's welfare. It's not always that was with trades," he said....
... "When it's a welfare issue and there are personal issues associated with it, we think as a club we've got a responsibility to do the right thing by our boys and we know that our other players are watching how we handle those situations as well."
Interesting given his disappearance from the team after Round 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back