Chris Scott's 'mission accomplished'. What is or was it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why supporters are still concerned with what people associated with Geelong have to say. We have bigger fish to fry. They are irrelevant to us now and in the future. Results speak louder than the fantasy world the cats are living in.

The world discussing how big a bunch of whiners they are has only opened up.

All this young breed of cat riding on the success of the team that got together 10 years ago have NFI

Mission+Accomplished!.jpg

Not sure why supporters are still concerned with what people associated with Geelong have to say. We have bigger fish to fry. They are irrelevant to us now and in the future. Results speak louder than the fantasy world the cats are living in.
Finding it hard to disagree with this.

I think it's human nature, and also a bit of respect to them that we care at all. For example, if Nathan Jones said this after the Melbourne game, we'd be having a laugh rather than feeling annoyed.

Some people like that stuff, others don't care. Either way it's all good when your team is in the Prelim.

Mission accomplished was a Croc. and I didn't buy it for a minute. It was just a cover up for his concerns.

If you guys & girls don't know what "Mission: Accomplished" referred to then it's not likely I'll be able to explain it to you online...

Just rest assured that the it was a genius plan & they executed to perfection!

Here's a question for you. Part of me wishes Geelong will perform a miracle act and make it through to the GF so we can smash the s**t out of them and knock them out of the premiership race yet again. Another part of me would laugh my hairy arse off if they went out in straight sets. Which would you prefer?

Hawks vs Geelong Grand Final would be awesome.

But what would be even better is Hawks beating the Swans.

Watching Buddy sit on the ground spectating our players receiving their premiership medallions. Man I would love that!

That is exactly what I want to happen.

Also, if we beat Freo in the prelim and then Sydney at the big dance, it would give us the edge over the three teams that we tied 1-1 with in the H&A season.

Here's a question for you. Part of me wishes Geelong will perform a miracle act and make it through to the GF so we can smash the s**t out of them and knock them out of the premiership race yet again. Another part of me would laugh my hairy arse off if they went out in straight sets. Which would you prefer?

I would like us to play Geelong in the GF. Easier team to beat.

If Geelong do actually make the GF, there better be someone with a 'Mission Accomplished' banner this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering on and off for two weeks whether there was method to that gum-flapping Geelong madness.

Kelly and Johnson both said the team held back in that Round 22 match. The coach with his mission accomplished statement. Motlop with his comments regarding revenge and wanting a flag, before the finals even started.

I couldn't help but reflect back to '07, and the noises coming out of Port before the GF.

Now Stokes in a pretty s**t, defiant interview, reckons they were on top for three quarters on Friday night, and gives no credit to Hawthorn outscoring them by sixteen goals in a full match worth of footy over two weeks.

It's funny how things change. For years Geelong have been all business, but as soon as the club starts to lose its footing, the mouths open.

Neither Geelong or North will be capable of beating a rested Sydney in Sydney.

Our best hope is one of them doesn't show up in the SF effectively allowing the other to go into a PF with enough legs to run Sydney deep into the last quarter. I think Geelong is the preference. They have bigger bodies than North and will want to get some revenge for pantsing them earlier in the season.

In last year's prelim we had 12 of the last 14 scoring shots. It was only close because of atrocious umpiring late in the third quarter and our inaccuracy in the fourth. Two weeks ago we scored the last 10 goals. On Friday night we scored 8 of the last 10 goals.

Geelong can say what they like about their first halves showing they are good enough to challenge us but they simply can't go with us for four quarters anymore. And we know it.

Geelong sorely lacking the class of Ling, Ablett and dare I say, Bomber Thompson. This era of Selwood, Bartel, Johnson and Scott are among the least classy to have graced our game. On top of all those ridiculous excuses for losing to us, they refused to shake hands with Freo players last year and whinge every time the Dockers beat them. Pathetic lot.[/QUOTE]
Was it just me or did duckwood go to bench at the end and leave ground without shaking hands with opposition. I must say I find him to be an arrogant cheating c@#t. So it sickens me that commentators lick his pole every time he goes near the ball. In the mode of the ice bucket challenge I nominate David Hale to tackle him and when he ducks, not the first time but the second, make sure he takes his head clean off (dirty harry style). Then duckwood may rethink his tactic. I call it THE TWICE DUCK-IT CHALLENGE.

Now Stokes in a pretty s**t, defiant interview, reckons they were on top for three quarters on Friday night, and gives no credit to Hawthorn outscoring them by sixteen goals in a full match worth of footy over two weeks.

It's funny how things change. For years Geelong have been all business, but as soon as the club starts to lose its footing, the mouths open.

Did you hear Robbo troll him though. Effectively saying "Do you really believe that?"
When Stokes was off air Robbo again said along the lines of "Is it all of us in the football world that don't get it or are the Cats deluded??""" Comedy gold from Robbo, but very true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back