Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

go look at the things your own posters were saying about him in order to prove he was only worth a third rounder.
Funny isn't it? From "he's not worth a good draft pick" to "he'll be carving it up for years". Tres amusement.

Funny isn't it? From "he's not worth a good draft pick" to "he'll be carving it up for years". Tres amusement.

Works both ways, Carlton was telling us the whole trade period it's pick 12 or he stays, he's elite etc etc, ended up folding and taking pick 19 and now he's one of the worst players to ever enter the AFL system.

2 sides quoting the worst of each and conveniently forgetting the middle ground plenty were in.

Pretty sad all around that this thread continues. I just contributed myself for the first time in a month. Shame.

Jesus Christ what the hell was going on down at Visk Park ?

Sounds like he was lucky to get out in time, At least he now has a chance to salvage his career, We really need to help that kid cripps and get him out before its too late

You started off with some points for discussion but soiled yourself in the end. Pity.

Trade is done.
He's a tiger now.
Blues supporters need to move on and stop being so bitter.
There should be a decent player available at 19 so they should be happy with this trade.

Trade is done.
He's a tiger now.
Blues supporters need to move on and stop being so bitter.
There should be a decent player available at 19 so they should be happy with this trade.

Can't speak for all but I'm not bitter.

Yarran is a wonderful player at best and one of the few that got me out of my seat when he was on fire.
Richmond needed a Yarran and took the chance...........baggage and all. Only the net result will matter and that's not for discussion......it's for proof.

Can't speak for all but I'm not bitter.

Yarran is a wonderful player at best and one of the few that got me out of my seat when he was on fire.
Richmond needed a Yarran and took the chance...........baggage and all. Only the net result will matter and that's not for discussion......it's for proof.
Agree. Reckon you guys got fair value for Yarran in pick 19 and a decent player will be available there just like last year.

Agree. Reckon you guys got fair value for Yarran in pick 19 and a decent player will be available there just like last year.

Yarran at best is far better than whatever may show up at #19 (= #25)

Risk both clubs needed to take and hope it works out for us all...............you know..........crazy notion, but a win/win.

I think it will be pretty exciting to see what Yarran can do in a half way competitive side with players who can get the ball to him on the outside. Similar to Ryan Houlihan, I always thought those types of players needed quality around them to the best out of themselves.

I think it will be pretty exciting to see what Yarran can do in a half way competitive side with players who can get the ball to him on the outside. Similar to Ryan Houlihan, I always thought those types of players needed quality around them to the best out of themselves.

You do realise Yarran was with us when we were making finals 2009-2011 & 2013. It's not as though he has been starved of playing in competitive sides.

You do realise Yarran was with us when we were making finals 2009-2011 & 2013. It's not as though he has been starved of playing in competitive sides.
I do but he was young in 2009-11 when you were very competitive. You weren't a particularly good side in 2013 imo. Yarran is now 24 and should be at his physical peak. If Richmond can uncontested ball to him then I still think he is capable of an AA season.

Sure was, I suppose he hadnt considered playing finals again if he had stayed at carlton so its understandable that he is in shock knowing he will be playing in september for the rest of his career.

Good pickup - Loved how he referred to carlton as the "other Club"
Yeah that's an interesting perspective you have there, but I was really just trying to focus on the facts, he genuinely looked awkward talking about finals in Richmond colors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's an interesting perspective you have there, but I was really just trying to focus on the facts, he genuinely looked awkward talking about finals in Richmond colors
Well as i mentioned how could he not look awkward , He wasnt expecting to play finals for the rest of his career - Now he is in a better team that has a stable coaching and administration . He is in a professional envoirenment now its all new to chris

You started off with some points for discussion but soiled yourself in the end. Pity.
Dont be bitter mate,It only seems soiled from that side of the fence - Have a look from this side

Ohhh Common Harker, Your still allowed to love chris Yarran even though he plays for us now, Just dont get all negative mate
#13 will still be his number and we can all enjoy his skills

Well as i mentioned how could he not look awkward , He wasnt expecting to play finals for the rest of his career - Now he is in a better team that has a stable coaching and administration . He is in a professional envoirenment now its all new to chris

Yep you sure do love to troll the cfc .....

Like I said...interesting perspective

Ive always thought he had attitude and effort issues. Didnt think he was a flog until he's sunk to this new low.
You see this is where you are letting your Carlton Bias obscure your thoughts.

Yarran in his interview mentioned that it was a mutual agreement that a parting of ways would be good for both parties

Looks like he was told earlier that he would be traded and thats when his form dropped as would anybody's - Its not all 1 sided i dont think

You see this is where you are letting your Carlton Bias obscure your thoughts.

Yarran in his interview mentioned that it was a mutual agreement that a parting of ways would be good for both parties

Looks like he was told earlier that he would be traded and thats when his form dropped as would anybody's - Its not all 1 sided i dont think
I think its the opposite. I think the only reason we wanted to get rid of him is because he is a gigantic pea heart and not the type you can turn around once theyve checked out - at that point, yes it was best for both sides.

And it seems to my eyes, Richmond had been in his ear for a very long time, hence the not giving an actual * about playing well because
1. He knew he had a home next year
2. He didnt give a * what sort of compensation we got for him, so he could destroy his value with week after week of poor performances.

Actually you were responding to a reasonable comment with a flat out troll. Once again .....

QUOTE]

You are really struggling with this " Me trolling in your opinion"

Perhaps we should arrange a psychologist appointment , Its usually a bad sign when you keep repeating the same words
Your heading in the same direction as your former coach.

Jessus how bad does gibbs hairstyle look these days - Am i still trolling carlton, Am i doing this right

SoS Still asking for #12 , Still say's they wont trade him unless they get a 1st rounder and has told Dan Jackson #12 or GTFO

You mistaking SOS for posters on BF? All he said was that he wanted a good pick, said no to 19 then settled once all the other trades were sorted... for a pick your lot were calling a first rounder.

Seriously, move on. Everyone else has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back