Chris Yarran v Lewis Jetta

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetta is having an excellent season, easily his best since 2012.

A new position and probably some motivation from his disastrous individual GF performance have really helped him.

Last edited:

Yarran is talented but soft, Jetta capable of great things but inconsistent. Who would you prefer?
I think you are confusing soft with stupid.

Yarran for me. Comfortably. Jetta never ever stands up when the game is in balance. At least Yarran tries, as stupid as some of his decisions can be (on and off the field).

Yarran's best is better than Jetta's, although you don't see it anywhere near enough, although Jetta does benefit from playing for Sydney.
Agree with that.

I suppose, bias aside, I'd say Yarran because his best certainly absolutely cuts up teams. Recent form is deplorable though.

I think you are confusing soft with stupid.

Yarran for me. Comfortably. Jetta never ever stands up when the game is in balance. At least Yarran tries, as stupid as some of his decisions can be (on and off the field).
Seriously? Maybe only when he feels like it.. Yarran had a lazy I don't give a s**t attitude when he was at Swan districts and it's hardly got any better in 7 years at Carlton, the man will only end up using a fraction of his talent, ever. Although he's inconsistent and can go missing I'd take Jetta any day. He's not lazy and having a very good season this year.

Seriously? Maybe only when he feels like it.. Yarran had a lazy I don't give a s**t attitude when he was at Swan districts and it's hardly got any better in 7 years at Carlton, the man will only end up using a fraction of his talent, ever. Although he's inconsistent and can go missing I'd take Jetta any day. He's not lazy and having a very good season this year.
Every time I see Yarran play it is against Pies/Dons/Tigers. Maybe he has an outstanding record against those teams and a s**t record against Freo.

I can't believe the crap I'm reading... clearly no one watches many Swans games. Jetta is arguably our most important player and is having a great season. Yarran... has he even been playing?

I can't believe the crap I'm reading... clearly no one watches many Swans games. Jetta is arguably our most important player and is having a great season. Yarran... has he even been playing?
He has, hobbled at times with (IIRC) a recurring foot injury.

That's not an entirely an excuse though, because his attitude has been equally shitty.

Hawthorn will get Yarran for some cheap price, a ready replacement for Shaun Burgoyne with the opposite career path. Def to Mid.

He will look like a star delivering the ball to areas he has been coached to, where the team has been coached to have a player working hard into and a good enough team that there is actually someone there.

I've seen Yarran collect the ball, dodge traffic and look up ready to deliver and everyone is out of position.

The likes of Chris Yarran, Lewis Jetta, Stephen Hill, Danyle Pearce - this is purely a role they play to suit their natural gifts, not any other link that is showing up in this post - make a good team look elite when they are allowed space on the outside to work in. Every team that opposes them loves seeing them at the coalface because they are easy to control. One of those four breaking into clear space with the ball has "you're going to lose this game" written all over it for the opponent.

I'm most interested in Yarran because I think he can be much more than he has had the chance to be so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been a slacker for 7 years at Carlton plus as a junior. People that think simply whacking Yarran into a better team he will suddenly live up to his talent and become a star are deluded.

Ken Judge summed him in 2008, quite likely the most gifted player in this draft but has massive question marks of attitude and work ethic. It's never changed.

Goes ok in home & away rounds as soon as finals start he is found out, hates the contest.

Yeah I guess if you ignore all the finals he's played in and just go by last years grand final your argument holds up. By that logic you could say the same thing about Hodge after his 2012 GF effort.

Yeah I guess if you ignore all the finals he's played in and just go by last years grand final your argument holds up. By that logic you could say the same thing about Hodge after his 2012 GF effort.
Give me a game he's starred in.

Hodge was already a Norm Smith medalist.
Not sure Hodges 17 touches 3 marks compares to Jettas 3 touches no marks.

Last edited:
You will fall flat on your face if you try to compare Hodge to Jetta. Hodge is twice the player Jetta is.

I'd like Yarran please, although he maybe wasted at Geelong with the way they're going this season and probably will be for a few more.

Back