Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
What the.....????

It's basically 2 chickens and 1kg of steak, plus a bunch of snacks and useless crap you can pick up for about $50 at BigW or KMart.

Yeah, but you need that $50 all at once. Much more sensible to pay $8 a week for a whole year...

Chrisco hampers are essentially giant showbags that adults buy on lay-by.

UmpiringFooty

Proud member of the BFUA
Jun 16, 2013
Goal umpiring at a local footy ground near you
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Geelong
It ain't a showbag unless it's got a Bertie Beetle in it......
Yeah but remember you should try these things before judging them and saying that you hate it when you haven't tried it.
It's the same thing with buying presents for people. You don't have to spend a lot on people. There are always practical things that you can buy cheaply.
This is just another example of catering that helps.

Yeah but remember you should try these things before judging them and saying that you hate it when you haven't tried it.
It's the same thing with buying presents for people. You don't have to spend a lot on people. There are always practical things that you can buy cheaply.

Do you buy Chrisco hampers, Sooz?

Nov 24, 2003
#impunity
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Helps the Chrisco shareholders, amirite?!

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
As Christmas approaches and bogans all across the country await their hard earned chrisco christmas hamper it begs the question why ?

The hamper contains readily available products from any supermarket for at least 3 times the price and you run the risk of it not arriving.

Do you know anyone who purchases these "deals" and why would they ??
I'd probably be offended if I got one :) they look really tacky

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
103948.gif

Got the word from the bloke who delivers our airmail for sorting every night that there's plenty on the way to our region in Central Queensland (after we've just sorted plenty last week). Here's hoping they all come after this time next week across the fortnight I'm on leave so everyone else can sort them instead! Yep, it all starts again folks.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
MAXIMUM TROLL OVER-DRIVE

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
No idea, I imagine she wouldn't be interested anyway, even bigger scam than Kogan.
Not sure why you are calling Kogan a scam. I have happily had a 42" LCD for about 4 years now that I paid $450 for, which was very cheap at the time. I also know plenty of people who have never had issues with their products.

Not sure why you are calling Kogan a scam. I have happily had a 42" LCD for about 4 years now that I paid $450 for, which was very cheap at the time. I also know plenty of people who have never had issues with their products.

Nah, Kogan are a scam, they send you spammy text messages every 5 minutes.

Nov 24, 2003
#impunity
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, Chrico and Castle hampers are a rip off. Compare it to these outright Christmas Hampers and then do the match over the year. Just save the dosh and buy the hamper outright in November!

This post proudly brought to you by thehamperemporium.com.au!

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As Christmas approaches and bogans all across the country await their hard earned chrisco christmas hamper it begs the question why ?

The hamper contains readily available products from any supermarket for at least 3 times the price and you run the risk of it not arriving.

Do you know anyone who purchases these "deals" and why would they ??
people are dumb, just like the people who use RentLo and all those other electronic renting programs. When you do the math, it costs you three times as much.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ

I miss this thread...

http://moneymummy.com.au/

To my surprise, the hamper valued at $426.40 according to Chrisco was only worth $306 according to Woolworths!!!! Which means I save $120.40 by buying the same goods direct from Woolworths!!! A whopping 28% difference!!!!

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Looks like Hamper King is the new challenger to Chrisco!

Back