Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
^^^
I hate it when I try to ring centrelink (austudy) and the robot voice tells me I can do s**t on my smartphone app - "Who can afford one of those things on welfare?" Is it expected that people have expensive luxuries while on welfare?

I tend to have to go into an clink office and lineup and then tell them what I need to sort out and then they put me on one of their phones and although I may have to wait 20 mins, atleast I can talk to a person on those phones and avoid the robot who sends you in circles....

while I line up, I am pretty sure lots of people in the line are checking their Crisco catalogue on their dumbphones... interesting...

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
^^^
I hate it when I try to ring centrelink (austudy) and the robot voice tells me I can do s**t on my smartphone app - "Who can afford one of those things on welfare?" Is it expected that people have expensive luxuries while on welfare?

Everybody knows that the poor and scummy spend whatever money they have on luxuries they don't need. That's why they are s**t

BLPC08

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
A house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Harlem Globetrotters
Everybody knows that the poor and scummy spend whatever money they have on luxuries they don't need. That's why they are s**t
Harsh, but so much truth. I work in a bottle shop casually, every second customer who walks in says something along the lines of "this is my last $50 (or $20, or $5...) for the next week, so i'd better make sure this bottle lasts". Idiots.

Varcoe2Chapman

All Australian
Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2013 Player Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Wash. Wizards
^^^

I tend to have to go into an clink office and lineup and then tell them what I need to sort out and then they put me on one of their phones and although I may have to wait 20 mins, atleast I can talk to a person on those phones and avoid the robot who sends you in circles....

while I line up, I am pretty sure lots of people in the line are checking their Crisco catalogue on their dumbphones... interesting...

When i was doing my TAFE course, i was on Youth Allowance because i didn't have a job. However, i remember lining up one day with $200 shoes, a $300 hockey top, an ipod, iphone, and designer jeans. Haters gonna hate.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Must be that time of year?

Whose got orders coming?

I know one acquaintance who is...telling me all about it on Cup Day...all I could think about was this awesome thread and was looking at any humour in the commentary to get in a giggle to relieve the internal hysterics....

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Simply stunning! :thumbsu:

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
I heard Chrisco now deliver new cars to your door at xmas.

zimma

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I heard Chrisco now deliver new cars to your door at xmas.
For just $550 per week* you can own this luxurious VL commodore with only 245,000kms on the original engine, beautiful artistic pop art inspired duco, only 3 previous owners and no service history what so ever. So why don't you show your loved one you care this christmas!

*Roadworthy Certificate and Registration not included.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
For just $550 per week* you can own this luxurious VL commodore with only 245,000kms on the original engine, beautiful artistic pop art inspired duco, only 3 previous owners and no service history what so ever. So why don't you show your loved one you care this christmas!

*Roadworthy Certificate and Registration not included.

No service history..that's a deal maker that one.

Bogans have no need for such irrelevant information.

Nov 24, 2003
#impunity
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I know someone who has never had a job, lives on Newstart but always has the latest iPhone as well as an expensive Telstra postpaid data plan

MrCharisma

Club Legend
Jan 1, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Smartphones aren't really that exclusive anymore doodz. You can get low end ones for under $100, and they're even quite common in third world countries.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Every person I have ever known to order one of these packages = None have arrived.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Nov 24, 2003
#impunity
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
can't find one with cans of Spam on offer..

I know someone who has never had a job, lives on Newstart but always has the latest iPhone as well as an expensive Telstra postpaid data plan
does she live in ballarat?

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Wow $140 for two slabs of beer and they don't even include premium ones...
Are the poor because they are stupid, or stupid because they are poor?

This really is preying on dumb people with poor economic skills.

You can get a 30 pack of cans for $40, this is basically a 100% mark up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Massive error of judgement here IMO. All bogans know the price of a slab and this just may be the hint they need that the whole chrisco thing is one giant rip off.

Nah, because you see the extra effort in putting the different beers together makes the overall package worth more. ;)

Back