Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

The case of substitutionary atonement that I wish to speak of is when God deemed it moral and just to punish his innocent son Jesus, --- instead of punishing the guilty sinners that God was to condemn.

The strange part of this situation is that God had chosen to sacrifice Jesus even before the potential for sin was created, --- God had yet to create the earth, --- showing that what God was killing Jesus for, --- he had yet to create.

This was an arbitrary choice for God that was completely needless. God could have chosen to punish the guilty, --- what most call justice, --- or God could have found a moral way to forgive us. Instead, God chose to do the unjust and punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

The sacrifice was to pay or bribe God to change his usual policy of punishing the guilty to immorally punishing Jesus. God could have shown mercy and justice but instead decided to use an unjust method to forgive us.

That means that to be a good Christian, you have to accept and embrace the immoral tenet of human sacrifice and the notion that the best form of justice, --- when one wants to forgive someone, --- is to kill an innocent party.

As above so below.

At the end of days, God is to bring his law to earth.

Would you, as an innocent party, think it just if God punished you instead of the guilty?

Do you think that Jesus would ever preach such an immoral form of justice?

Regards
DL

That means that to be a good Christian, you have to accept and embrace the immoral tenet of human sacrifice and the notion that the best form of justice, --- when one wants to forgive someone, --- is to kill an innocent party.

As above so below.

Would you, as an innocent party, think it just if God punished you instead of the guilty?

Regards
DL
Can you be a good fellow and expand on this idea that you have raised.

TLDNR.
PS;I'm very agin the entire range of vulgar sins which appear to invariably accompany the Sky Fairy Worship practises of Western Religions.

What's a western religion?

The only one I can think of is paganism (which I practice for fun) and druidism (which is for nerds and fairies)

The case of substitutionary atonement that I wish to speak of is when God deemed it moral and just to punish his innocent son Jesus, --- instead of punishing the guilty sinners that God was to condemn.

The strange part of this situation is that God had chosen to sacrifice Jesus even before the potential for sin was created, --- God had yet to create the earth, --- showing that what God was killing Jesus for, --- he had yet to create.

This was an arbitrary choice for God that was completely needless. God could have chosen to punish the guilty, --- what most call justice, --- or God could have found a moral way to forgive us. Instead, God chose to do the unjust and punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

The sacrifice was to pay or bribe God to change his usual policy of punishing the guilty to immorally punishing Jesus. God could have shown mercy and justice but instead decided to use an unjust method to forgive us.

As above so below.

Regards
DL

Good luck with all that.

What's a western religion?

The only one I can think of is paganism (which I practice for fun) and druidism (which is for nerds and fairies)
It is a common assumption that Christianity is a western religion but you are right. Paganism, Roman/Greek gods, Druidism, and basically any old time Scandinavian or German deity worship is western. Monotheism came from Israel and Persia with the worship of Yah'we, the Zoroastrians and the Tenriists.
If only the Romans had crushed the Christians absolutely then we'd all be at orgies every Saturday and watching our footy teams hack each other to death every weekend.

Can you be a good fellow and expand on this idea that you have raised.

I am not sure in what area you want me to speak to.

Let me begin with the legal angle wit a question I ask Christians.

--------------------

Is God a just judge?

This speaks of Jesus.
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows his setting and accepting a bribe of a human sacrifice to corrupt or alter his justice and judgement.

Justice usually states that only the punishment of the guilty is acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent.

God’s corruption of this usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

If you elect your judges in your country, would you vote God in as a fair and just judge knowing that he can be bribed?

Is God a just judge?

Regards
DL

I'm of the opinion that if I met the Christian/Muslim god I'd probably punch him in the face.

You would have to follow many including the Haig.

Yet you still subsidize their taxes as just as I have to. WTF is wrong with governments who give tax dollars to those who make a living out of lying to people?

No reply required. That was just me letting off steam.

Regards
DL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure if your interpretation is theologically sound. God the father and the son, are seen as fundamentally the same being, though the son is an intermediary whose actions represent forgiveness and mercy.

Therefore it is about divine self sacrifice.

Anyway, it seems you are taking the whole demiurge angle, but in a really tedious way. Occultism for high schoolers. If you are going to try and sell a "gnostic" interpretation of christianity you should at least be honest about it.

Its very comforting to believe someone took a hit for you. Like its very nice to know that when your in trench at war, your mate will take a hit for you, if need be.

I'm of the opinion that if I met the Christian/Muslim god I'd probably punch him in the face.
You would not punch God in the face if he exists, I've seen heaps of people post stuff like this especially on Reddit; he has the power to condemn you to a world of your worst nightmares, if the Bible/Quran is true. So you would punch such a being in the face?

You would not punch God in the face if he exists, I've seen heaps of people post stuff like this especially on Reddit; he has the power to condemn you to a world of your worst nightmares, if the Bible/Quran is true. So you would punch such a being in the face?

I've got a really big chip on my shoulder when it comes to authority. I don't make good decisions in the heat of the moment.

I know what I'd do. It wouldn't be smart, but in my head in the moment it would be totally worth it.

Atonement by the torture and death of JC was required because of original sin acquired for all humanity by Adam and Eve. When the creation myth was abandoned the basis for the whole Christian religion became invalid.

Atonement by the torture and death of JC was required because of original sin acquired for all humanity by Adam and Eve. When the creation myth was abandoned the basis for the whole Christian religion became invalid.
The book of Genesis is probably not real but it reads like a metaphor; a snake most likely did not offer an apple to Eve. But it may symbolise something else.

Yes.

And then kick the s**t out of him while he was down.

Sky Fairy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back