Christopher Pyne Slammed By Palestinian Minister

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
An Australian-led delegation to the West Bank featuring Minister Christopher Pyne, former speaker Bronwyn Bishop, Labor MP Tim Watts and Human Rights Commissioner Tim Wilson has been criticised by a minister in the Palestinian Authority, who said the group had "false information" and were "not well educated".

Mr Pyne, the Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, led the delegation — which also included British MPs — to Ramallah on Sunday.

All the delegates were visiting Jerusalem for two days as part of an annual Australia-UK-Israel leadership dialogue to discuss the challenges facing Israel and how attendees can best support the Jewish state.

Palestinian Education Minister Dr Sabri Saidam described the meeting as "very explosive and very challenging" and said the group had asked "rude and blunt" questions.

"The delegation had false information and twisted facts," Dr Saidam told the ABC.

"So it was clear the delegation was not well educated.

"Obviously the delegation was under impressions, wrong impressions accumulated after the visit to Israel.

"Coming blindfolded to realities, bypassing the pain of Palestinians in terms of daily happenings is not going to solve the conflict."

Dr Saidam said the group repeatedly asked questions about Palestinians naming schools and venues after people who had killed Israeli civilians.

"I said that one man's hero is another man's terrorist."

Mr Pyne appeared to blame the British delegates for the controversy, but the Palestinians are adamant it was the Australians.

Dr Saidam said, despite the atmosphere, he welcomed the visit because he thought it was important to "clarify facts".

"There has been a lot of complaints on the Palestinian side that the government of Australia was not that sympathetic with the Palestinians," he said.

"I thought the Minister of Innovation would come with innovative ideas, but instead he came with a list of complaints."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-16/australian-delegation-to-west-bank-'very-explosive'/7032084

Not surprised to hear he and fellow Liberals have made total dicks of themselves. They are a government that when flipping Stephen Harper and David Cameron of all people were calling for further investigations of war crimes in Sri Lanka were giving asylum seekers back to the place plus a few navy ships. It's beyond them to give a s**t about generations of Palestinian suffering.

The State of Palestine is recognised by 136 countries but not Australia.

I'm no fan of the government but I don't see what they did wrong here. They got offended by 'rude and blunt' questions? Sounds like he's having a sook.

This bit is a total riot:
Dr Saidam said the group repeatedly asked questions about Palestinians naming schools and venues after people who had killed Israeli civilians.

Seriously, how can Palestinians say and do such blatantly hostile things and still draw sympathy?

lol "criticised by a minister in the Palestinian Authority".

Another s**t thread. What next, some tool in the un criticises our handling of illegal immigrants?

Complete non issue. The real outrage is why Australian pollies even bother spending time there, its of zero relevance to Australia.

I'm no fan of the government but I don't see what they did wrong here. They got offended by 'rude and blunt' questions? Sounds like he's having a sook.

Seriously, how can Palestinians say and do such blatantly hostile things and still draw sympathy?
I thought it was a stupid question. What right has Australia got to ask that sort of question?
Anyway what was Bishop and Tim doing on the trip?

They are morons, they get treated like s**t by the Israelis yet only get sympathy from the usual no hoping chattering classes.

The obvious question has to be asked, why are nearly all ME countries failed states / corrupt dictatorships?

They are morons, they get treated like s**t by the Israelis yet only get sympathy from the usual no hoping chattering classes.

The obvious question has to be asked, why are nearly all ME countries failed states / corrupt dictatorships?
Because some dickheads keep blowing up their civil infrastructure.

Because the Israeli's do the exact same thing only difference is they get to do it from a position of strength and with US backing. I bet there a heaps of Israeli school's and venues named after people who had killed Palestinian civilians.

The adage: "that one man's hero is another man's terrorist." is entirely true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised to hear he and fellow Liberals have made total dicks of themselves. They are a government that when flipping Stephen Harper and David Cameron of all people were calling for further investigations of war crimes in Sri Lanka were giving asylum seekers back to the place plus a few navy ships. It's beyond them to give a s**t about generations of Palestinian suffering.

The State of Palestine is recognised by 136 countries but not Australia.
Why is this a bad thing? If your not a looney like Jeremy Corbyn you are not likely to be welcome. Well done to the Brits and our MPs.

Because the Israeli's do the exact same thing only difference is they get to do it from a position of strength and with US backing. I bet there a heaps of Israeli school's and venues named after people who had killed Palestinian civilians.

The adage: "that one man's hero is another man's terrorist." is entirely true.
Being in the IDF is certainly different than being in Hamas isil etc

lol "criticised by a minister in the Palestinian Authority".

Another s**t thread. What next, some tool in the un criticises our handling of illegal immigrants?

Complete non issue. The real outrage is why Australian pollies even bother spending time there, its of zero relevance to Australia.

Becuase Australia unlike most countries, hasn't formally recognised Palestine yet. That's why it is relevant.

Becuase Australia unlike most countries, hasn't formally recognised Palestine yet. That's why it is relevant.
most countries meaning every communist or tin pot dictatorship

Nearly every democratic nation from the EU to Japan does not recognise palestine

most countries meaning every communist or tin pot dictatorship

Nearly every democratic nation from the EU to Japan does not recognise palestine

Only the West doesn't. And that's the problem. The west is so busy kowtowing to the US and Israel without looking at the alternative. Ideally, both Israel and Palestine must be allowed to co-exist.

Does your moral compass read the press?

I cannot be divorced from my moral compass, but I read the press.

Only the West doesn't. And that's the problem. The west is so busy kowtowing to the US and Israel without looking at the alternative. Ideally, both Israel and Palestine must be allowed to co-exist.

The question here is do both believe the other should be allowed to exist. Until we get to this point both in word and action, then the world is just bashing our heads against a wall trying to sort it out.

I cannot be divorced from my moral compass, but I read the press.

The question here is do both believe the other should be allowed to exist. Until we get to this point both in word and action, they the world is just bashing their heads against a wall.

My reading of that is yes but the definitions are well varied on both sides.

Actually, back to the OP, and has Tim Watts had anything to say about what was said? Surely he has little reason to keep things to himself if they reflect poorly on Pyne, Bishop & Wilson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back