Christopher Pyne!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why these people irritate me so much, they act like they're born to rule yet they're just low class in the sense of their personalities and views being akin to white trash. Not to mention as you say treating your employees reasonably is actually beneficial for the employer. Working in an acceptable environment nullity's things such as that god awful workcover bosses hate so much not to mention sick leave and most importantly drive and overall productivity on the clock. When you give your employees the best circumstances and work environment aka mental well being, you get quality in return. Bosses lack theory of mind and are primitive emotional animals to say the least, therefore are mentally incapable of considering these benefits as they're immediately blocked by their stone age cynicism towards others and their own sense of entitlement. I've had good bosses and bad bosses and the bad ones always failed, always the volatile white trash convertible types as well. Creating distrust and negativity amongst their staff, young teenage staff don't understand such mental illness it's merely borderline abuse to them. Behavior from people like Lebbo73 and his Dad should be obvious to even them that they're spruiking a negative loser mentality that the healthier minds relegate and cringe towards, it's a mental illness that will never get anywhere.

The bottom end of our race takes it's failures out on the more mentally, harmonically advanced by isolating itself from an active social life, then trying to make up for it's failures through money and business. It's a very warped structure where people like this are in positions of power influencing proper society.

A lot of 'bosses' are actually psychopathic. They have no sense of 'the other'. They are totally self interested & in the end are dangerous for the company or section that they run. The cause more harm than good. They initially make good profits, but their approach is really only financially good for the short term.

Hurting good people or driving them out, so as to get themselves to the top, causes long term organisational damage.

Its a pity that so many of these nasty nutter types are allowed to get to the top.

It happens in all sorts of organisations. One can see it in such 'leaders' as George Pell & Tony Abbott for instance.

But take heart, the real nasty ones are in the minority. I like to think that most 'bosses' are human.

A lot of 'bosses' are actually psychopathic. They have no sense of 'the other'. They are totally self interested & in the end are dangerous for the company or section that they run. The cause more harm than good. They initially make good profits, but their approach is really only financially good for the short term.

Hurting good people or driving them out, so as to get themselves to the top, causes long term organisational damage.

Its a pity that so many of these nasty nutter types are allowed to get to the top.

It happens in all sorts of organisations. One can see it in such 'leaders' as George Pell & Tony Abbott for instance.

But take heart, the real nasty ones are in the minority. I like to think that most 'bosses' are human.

in fairness a lot of those "psychotic" bosses, are usually not considered the best in their sector.
hell many of the most doggedly opposed to things like penalty rates and OH&S are usually people in sectors that are losing money or represent medium and small business owners with no idea how to run a successful businesses.

In truth what they are is failed businesses who want the associated costs of doing business in the developed world because they falsely believe if costs are reduced it will make up for their own mismanagement. Instead of admitting they generally are just s**t business people who can't survive in the market.

sadly there are also some running successful businesses usually inbred into wealth from the get go they have no concept of fair pay or any anything really, an aberration usually leads to company being ****ed long term.

if you look at them all however there cries are always the same cut costs, cut costs, cut costs. there's no planning for the long term, in big business its used because the person needs to appease investors in order to keep their own jobs, in small and medium businesses its to keep the debtors away from the doors.

all should be viewed for what they actually are, failures. the market is supposed be ruthless only the strong survive. yet we constantly go to well to save these failures whether it be loans, rebates, tax loopholes, creating artificial barriers to others entering the market. On and on it goes and then when the quality of employees drops due to competent workers moving to either better competitors or other industries they want further help to keep them afloat, because productivity drops.

1. My own is reservoir engineering, and my sisters co. cannot get software engineers worth a damn.
2. Adequately funded tertiary institutions that can pay more for better staff...so they can import what we are poor at. Rather than us having to import what we are poor at producing.
i.e. Catching up to offshore standards. The gap in many fields is enormous...in others we are world class.

Placing quantity before quality, placing cheap before anything, placing "good enough" before "world class"...yeah thats the frustration i think i probably share with him.

Dumbest thing i;ve ever heard.
Blame the employers for not being able to get what they want ?
What you;re trying to say is that employers need to be lowering their standards to accept second rate...and so produce something second rate.
Thats an excellent threory...truly it is.o_O
If you arent designing tertiary qualifications on a needs basis then all you end up producing are Manilla taxi drivers.

The moronic paranoia about 457 visa's preventing locals getting work is possibly the most embarassing rubbish you can read in here.

You want business to be non competitive so that you can employ locals ? ...so the business suffers and soon doesnt employ anyone ? What a wonderful world you live in.

Forgetting about my own companies grad program for a second...one of my sisters companies has perhaps 45-50 software engineers full time and i;d guess 35-40 would be here under 457's. You simply cannot get the talent here. her company is a world class educational software producer and they would simply move offshore if not for the 457 visa. Thousands of companies would.

So instead of advocating an IMPROVEMENT in tertiary standards you wish to lower the business standard...thanx for your help.

I run an engineering product based business. I have an engineering and IT degree so believe I am qualified to contribute to this very topic. There are problems with both sides. The standard of lecturing in our universities is not equal to that found in the 'ivy league' and equivalents OS. I know this from experience. However those OS universities certainly aren't teaching to produce graduates who can just walk into roles and produce straight away. Good university degrees are teaching students to know how to learn and apply that knowledge. It then comes down to the attitude and capabilities of the individual. There are those graduates who spend all their time learning and 'practicing' - they are the dream hires. I have a few of them and they will always be stars - you can leave them to their own devices and they will excel.

Then there are the vast majority of graduates who need constant assistance to keep learning and practicing. The majority of them end up being the worker bees. They are very necessary for an organisation but there is also an obligation for that organisation to continue providing an environment of support and learning. Sadly in general companies are no longer willing to do this and have expectations that graduates will walk out with the ability to produce straight away which is unrealistic. Gone are the days when the major companies provide graduate programmes as standard which you applied for in your final year of study.

This is extremely relevant in software. You simply aren't taught to program at uni. You are taught theories of best practice and this is as it should be. Companies need to hire the students who live and breathe programming if they want someone to start coding straight away. And the good coders can easily learn specific new types of applications/languages etc very quickly. It's all about smart hiring.

1. My own is reservoir engineering, and my sisters co. cannot get software engineers worth a damn.
2. Adequately funded tertiary institutions that can pay more for better staff...so they can import what we are poor at. Rather than us having to import what we are poor at producing.
i.e. Catching up to offshore standards. The gap in many fields is enormous...in others we are world class.

Placing quantity before quality, placing cheap before anything, placing "good enough" before "world class"...yeah thats the frustration i think i probably share with him.

Dumbest thing i;ve ever heard.
Blame the employers for not being able to get what they want ?
What you;re trying to say is that employers need to be lowering their standards to accept second rate...and so produce something second rate.
Thats an excellent threory...truly it is.o_O
If you arent designing tertiary qualifications on a needs basis then all you end up producing are Manilla taxi drivers.

The moronic paranoia about 457 visa's preventing locals getting work is possibly the most embarassing rubbish you can read in here.

You want business to be non competitive so that you can employ locals ? ...so the business suffers and soon doesnt employ anyone ? What a wonderful world you live in.

Forgetting about my own companies grad program for a second...one of my sisters companies has perhaps 45-50 software engineers full time and i;d guess 35-40 would be here under 457's. You simply cannot get the talent here. her company is a world class educational software producer and they would simply move offshore if not for the 457 visa. Thousands of companies would.

So instead of advocating an IMPROVEMENT in tertiary standards you wish to lower the business standard...thanx for your help.
Maybe it is the employers who are substandard, not the graduate market. Generally businesses in Australia are poor innovators, do not compete well in the international arena, are awful at building partnerships with universities to take advantage of staffing or collaborative opportunities, so the most likely answer is that you are the problem.

Good Australian graduates head offshore, because of the poor pool of businesses, that have a corner cutting, risk averse and anti-innovation culture, that would prefer cheaper, more exploitable or convenient alternatives, than actually making the effort to do something different, innovate or capitalise on local talent and opportunities within the market.

Heck, if you run your business like you post, so bombastic, superficial, stubborn and ignorant, I am hardly surprised you are a big supporter of 457 Visa exploitation, and probably a liar about the causes to boot

Rudd flipped his s**t while getting ready for an on camera interview. I don't think that's considered private.
So not on the floor in Parliament then?

I wish I'd written this.

I've been telling anyone who listens.

What Australia needs more than anything else is a recession and a collapse in house-prices.

You get the recession, you get the double-figure unemployment, then you get the environment to put through much needed tax-reform and employment reform that will drive the economy and generate more jobs into the future.

A collapse in house prices reminds those that housing is for housing, not for wealth generation. It also serves as a reminder to those that the markets are not for the faint hearted. Dont play the game if you dont know the rules.
It is coming. Canada is similar to us and they are going into recession. House prices are dropping and the prediction is that they will fall by 40 to 50%.

It is coming. Canada is similar to us and they are going into recession. House prices are dropping and the prediction is that they will fall by 40 to 50%.
I am not going to provide the link as I am not allowed to. It is from a private email I get regularly from Port Phillip Publishing that I pay $40 a year for.

Maybe it is the employers who are substandard, not the graduate market. Generally businesses in Australia are poor innovators, do not compete well in the international arena, are awful at building partnerships with universities to take advantage of staffing or collaborative opportunities, so the most likely answer is that you are the problem.

Good Australian graduates head offshore, because of the poor pool of businesses, that have a corner cutting, risk averse and anti-innovation culture, that would prefer cheaper, more exploitable or convenient alternatives, than actually making the effort to do something different, innovate or capitalise on local talent and opportunities within the market.

Heck, if you run your business like you post, so bombastic, superficial, stubborn and ignorant, I am hardly surprised you are a big supporter of 457 Visa exploitation, and probably a liar about the causes to boot

I know the top 5 people who graduated from Adelaide Uni mech engineering and they all stayed in Australia. So no you are completely wrong, some students leave, many returning home.

I know the top 5 people who graduated from Adelaide Uni mech engineering and they all stayed in Australia. So no you are completely wrong, some students leave, many returning home.
Wow, 5 people out of how many graduates and over a period of how many years?
Now that is a very convincing number and reliable source.

Wow, 5 people out of how many graduates and over a period of how many years?
Now that is a very convincing number and reliable source.

I already posted a source that indicated a wide range of graduates in a previous post. Not that many leave the country, most that do return home. The whole idea all the good grads leave the country is not reflected in reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I already posted a source that indicated a wide range of graduates in a previous post. Not that many leave the country, most that do return home. The whole idea all the good grads leave the country is not reflected in reality.
Yeah, right. Perhaps not all but certainly a lot more in the future.

Being open to different ideas does not mean allowing pseudoscience into serious academic debate
Right!

I mean the debate has been run and won already anyway...I mean * me I do actually hope the LNP nutters/climate change deniers are actually right because then we wouldn't be so ****ed in the future.

Right!

I mean the debate has been run and won already anyway...I mean **** me I do actually hope the LNP nutters/climate change deniers are actually right because then we wouldn't be so stuffed in the future.
We are right. That is what upsets you the most.

Academics are pompous pricks. They are full of self-importance. I don't know why when most of them have never done a thing in the real world!

Academics are pompous pricks. They are full of self-importance. I don't know why when most of them have never done a thing in the real world!
"Sorry to be a pompous prick" - Albert
albert-einstein-660x433.jpg

Did you not read what I just said? I hope you're right - I'm more than happy to have egg on my face if it actually stopped the world from being stuffed.

But alas, unfortunately you are wrong and unfortnuely I can't stop climate change by myself. This is no ego trip for the me - in fact that is what is driving the looney right. It is an utter disgrace and a joke the right are prepared to put the world's future in danger because it is a slight inconvience. You are a living joke and you know it - I suspect that is what upsets you the most actually.

Yes, what on earth do smart people know? Keep telling yourself they know nothing about the 'real world' to make yourself feel better about your typical, ordinary, miserable existence in order to actually give it some meaning.

Did you not read what I just said? I hope you're right - I'm more than happy to have egg on my face if it actually stopped the world from being stuffed.

But alas, unfortunately you are wrong and unfortnuely I can't stop climate change by myself. This is no ego trip for the me - in fact that is what is driving the looney right. It is an utter disgrace and a joke the right are prepared to put the world's future in danger because it is a slight inconvience. You are a living joke and you know it - I suspect that is what upsets you the most actually.

Yes, what on earth do smart people know? Keep telling yourself they know nothing about the 'real world' to make yourself feel better about your typical, ordinary, miserable existence in order to actually give it some meaning.
This type of false alarmist talk has no facts to back it up. You and people of your ilk are a danger to mankind. Especially the poor and middle class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back