Christopher Pyne!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The ADF is going to love him, their own little trained poodle who'll do whatever they say because he loves the look of men in uniform.
I think out automated troops led by Pyne strike fear into the hearts of all our enemies

image.jpg
Couldnt resist

If turnbull gets to replace education and or health ministers, it will speak volumes who he picks

Libs up till now have just put wreckers or sloths in there, showing their utter contempt for the portfolios

View attachment 174319
Couldnt resist

If turnbull gets to replace education and or health ministers, it will speak volumes who he picks

Libs up till now have just put wreckers or sloths in there, showing their utter contempt for the portfolios

Some names are popping up.

Sinodinos to Employment.
O'Dwyer on the list of those to be elevated.
Surprised Henderson given her well known journalistic background, isn't putting up her hand for Communications.

I know I'll regret asking this, but why?

perpetuates the welfare mentality

they have a perfect opportunity to stand on their own two feet but handouts like this will maintain the status quo and corruption.

perpetuates the welfare mentality

they have a perfect opportunity to stand on their own two feet but handouts like this will maintain the status quo and corruption.

Welfare mentality? So anyone taking a Gument contract to build something is on welfare?, or corrupt! Oh dear. So the whole of the ACT is on welfare? Anyone building roads?, bridges, teaching in Gument schools, working in public transport, defence forces?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welfare mentality? So anyone taking a Gument contract to build something is on welfare?, or corrupt! Oh dear. So the whole of the ACT is on welfare? Anyone building roads?, bridges, teaching in Gument schools, working in public transport, defence forces?

I hear where you are coming from but that totally ignores SAs problems and why they exist.

FTA's killing the MV industry!

that's so post war thinking......

or the MV industry was an example of the welfare mentality in SA and instead of being weened of the tit, it is looking for the sub deal.

or the MV industry was an example of the welfare mentality in SA and instead of being weened of the tit, it is looking for the sub deal.
Seems to me you are referring to Libs, from tit to trough.

Seems to me you are referring to Libs, from tit to trough.

I am very disappointed in the Libs and the electorate in SA

it is essentially votes for cash. I know that's how many short term thinking voters think but I would hope we could look to the bigger picture and do the right thing for ourselves and the nation long term.

I am very disappointed in the Libs and the electorate in SA

it is essentially votes for cash. I know that's how many short term thinking voters think but I would hope we could look to the bigger picture and do the right thing for ourselves and the nation long term.
Pipe dreams I am afraid.

I have a serious question about FTA's but sadly not sure that there is many on this board that can respond objectively.

I don't believe that they are good for ALL Australians. Take the current one,
China will purchase meat, wheat, coal, financial services, tourism, education services etc. how many people will benefit or be be employed in delivery?
On the other hand almost everything in a normal home will be made in China. I daresay the ledger is not balanced.

Pipe dreams I am afraid.

I have a serious question about FTA's but sadly not sure that there is many on this board that can respond objectively.

I don't believe that they are good for ALL Australians. Take the current one,
China will purchase meat, wheat, coal, financial services, tourism, education services etc. how many people will benefit or be be employed in delivery?
On the other hand almost everything in a normal home will be made in China. I daresay the ledger is not balanced.

massive challenges ahead with or without FTAs but I would prefer to have a framework built to deal with the new challenges than stick with a framework that was designed for our once protected economy trading with our motherland.

personally I am scratching my head as to where are the winning positions and the losing positions in business will be. A few things are certain though:
1) change - and heaps of it
2) wage pressure - this isn't such a bad thing provided real wages increase or stay the same (goods become cheaper as we have seen over the last 30 years) but more importantly conditions stay the same or improve (35hr work week and 4 weeks off pa should become the global standard for nations with high gdp per head and phased in - the maximum should be 45hrs and 1 week for nations below say $4k)
3) the harmonisation of tax - we need sensible tax rates or nations simply can't govern themselves or deliver services. We had to give money to the EU, to then in turn buy the Guinea mines department a printer, ink and paper to gazette a tenement grant. How can they receive tax revenue from a mine if you can't mine because they can't issue title?

The 60s and 90s Australia was truly a golden era with very few options meaning life was provided certainty, simplicity and comfort. It was almost the perfect time where we had a post war boom, women entered the workforce increasing productivity and we allowed cheap goods in to continually lower costs compared to our wages.

In contrast the days ahead will not offer the same certainty and will require many decisions which can lead to stress but on the flip side present amazing opportunities.

The biggest challenge is making sure those less equipped to deal with the challenges are looked after. Sure there are winners and losers in anything but our society will be measured by how we look after our most vulnerable and to do that well we need as many of us participating as possible.

my preference for SA is focus on leveraging on what the have and turning that into an upstream industry and centre of excelence.

SA has the most uranium on the planet but only does the dumb stuff........dig it and sell it. Sure it employs engineers, geos, metalurgists, chemists, process engineers etc on the skilled side and loads of blue collar stuff which makes it quite a balanced industry but it could be so much more.

Imagine if we process the ore into nuclear fuel rods and rather selling them, we leased them. The rods would be used overseas and stored for 30 years before being ready for reprocessing. We would take them back, reprocess for reuse and nuclear medicine. We would then store the rest until they were ready for reprocessing again and fed into fast breeder reactors.

We would see SA have multiple industries:
1) mining
2) fuel rod manufacturing
3) reprocessing
4) storage
5) nuclear medicine
6) nuclear centre of excellence and education centres
7) research departments
8) nuclear power industry which could export technology
9) material science

This will be built in one of two places on the planet being SA or Canada. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity but we may miss it and just stick to digging holes.

massive challenges ahead with or without FTAs but I would prefer to have a framework built to deal with the new challenges than stick with a framework that was designed for our once protected economy trading with our motherland.

personally I am scratching my head as to where are the winning positions and the losing positions in business will be. A few things are certain though:
1) change - and heaps of it
2) wage pressure - this isn't such a bad thing provided real wages increase or stay the same (goods become cheaper as we have seen over the last 30 years) but more importantly conditions stay the same or improve (35hr work week and 4 weeks off pa should become the global standard for nations with high gdp per head and phased in - the maximum should be 45hrs and 1 week for nations below say $4k)
3) the harmonisation of tax - we need sensible tax rates or nations simply can't govern themselves or deliver services. We had to give money to the EU, to then in turn buy the Guinea mines department a printer, ink and paper to gazette a tenement grant. How can they receive tax revenue from a mine if you can't mine because they can't issue title?

The 60s and 90s Australia was truly a golden era with very few options meaning life was provided certainty, simplicity and comfort. It was almost the perfect time where we had a post war boom, women entered the workforce increasing productivity and we allowed cheap goods in to continually lower costs compared to our wages.

In contrast the days ahead will not offer the same certainty and will require many decisions which can lead to stress but on the flip side present amazing opportunities.

The biggest challenge is making sure those less equipped to deal with the challenges are looked after. Sure there are winners and losers in anything but our society will be measured by how we look after our most vulnerable and to do that well we need as many of us participating as possible.
Bit confusing when you continually refer to welfare mentality.

If jobs and opportunities are exported overseas those vulnerable end up becoming part of the welfare mentality and not though choice.

Bit confusing when you continually refer to welfare mentality.

If jobs and opportunities are exported overseas those vulnerable end up becoming part of the welfare mentality and not though choice.

fair call but I'm referring to the institutions of Adelaide being on welfare rather than the individuals. the institutions I refer to are the govt, the unions and the established (north adelaide says hi), etc

The Myer Centre and the new hospital are excellent examples.........how can these be the most expensive buildings built in the history of man? How can it be more or up there with the pyramids, the empire state building, the world trade centre etc (http://www.theurbandeveloper.com/building-worlds-most-expensive/)? The answer is welfare and corruption.

If unemployment is so high, surely that should translate to lower costs of business? but this hasn't happened in Adelaide. rather it has created a business mentality of securing government funding for the car industry, power industry or any other grant and then it is like seagulls looking to steal their slice of the cash.

The result is poor productivity, high costs of doing business, no accountability and high unemployment. So who actually suffers? not the unions, not the govt and not the established......the youth and the poor suffer. yet they are fed a load of lies and continue to vote for the next cash grab in hope they will see a slice next time.

SA needs a cultural change and look to a nation building mentality rather than short term interests. but poverty, desperation and corruption prevents the locals from seeing the light.

fair call but I'm referring to the institutions of Adelaide being on welfare rather than the individuals. the institutions I refer to are the govt, the unions and the established (north adelaide says hi), etc

The Myer Centre and the new hospital are excellent examples.........how can these be the most expensive buildings built in the history of man? How can it be more or up there with the pyramids, the empire state building, the world trade centre etc (http://www.theurbandeveloper.com/building-worlds-most-expensive/)? The answer is welfare and corruption.

If unemployment is so high, surely that should translate to lower costs of business? but this hasn't happened in Adelaide. rather it has created a business mentality of securing government funding for the car industry, power industry or any other grant and then it is like seagulls looking to steal their slice of the cash.

The result is poor productivity, high costs of doing business, no accountability and high unemployment. So who actually suffers? not the unions, not the govt and not the established......the youth and the poor suffer. yet they are fed a load of lies and continue to vote for the next cash grab in hope they will see a slice next time.

SA needs a cultural change and look to a nation building mentality rather than short term interests. but poverty, desperation and corruption prevents the locals from seeing the light.
Your link states 'Page not found"

I think that you have a bug bear in your mind that you don't seem to more past.

This is not what I am taking about. Could be more than one reason than cost of labour/unions.

You seem very anti-union, this is why I can't take your posts seriously.

Your link states 'Page not found"

I think that you have a bug bear in your mind that you don't seem to more past.

This is not what I am taking about. Could be more than one reason than cost of labour/unions.

You seem very anti-union, this is why I can't take your posts seriously.

http://www.theurbandeveloper.com/building-worlds-most-expensive/

I guess the anti-union issue is the same reason why I am anti-religion. they are both important organisations but they tend to attract corrupt people who then prey on the weak.

I would love to have you sit alongside a negotiation with a union and listen to the racketeering, the requests for kick backs and watch the thugs turn up and threaten staff. Perhaps you might change your view on them too.

What is your view on why SA is basket case with high unemployment and low productivity despite the generations of pork barreling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back