Toast Church of Prudden

Remove this Banner Ad

Since it's apparently a weak draft, we might just take 3 in the deft. Fuller and Darley seem to be certain delisting so and we will probably see a player during the trade period.
Why on earth would you want to delist Darley.

Surely the writing is on the wall for Minson, Cordy, Fuller.

I still think next in line is Prudden. Other alternative is to delist Smith and then rookie list him.

Why on earth would you want to delist Darley.

Surely the writing is on the wall for Minson, Cordy, Fuller.

I still think next in line is Prudden. Other alternative is to delist Smith and then rookie list him.
Darley is 22 and hasn't played a single game this year. JJ, Biggs, Webb and Prudden are seemingly ahead of him.

Darley is 22 and hasn't played a single game this year. JJ, Biggs, Webb and Prudden are seemingly ahead of him.

Darley didn't start playing until mid May this year due to injury. Has only played 8 games total this year. His disposal is first rate, I would be surprised if he was delisted.

Prudden was pretty good today. I like him, he's building into games nicely. Good skills, neat, tackles well. Definitely gets another year, or more particularly, another preseason, to see whether he can get a bit of his burst back. Looks to me like a carbon copy Boyd replacement though, when Boydy eventually calls it quits.

This blokes left foot is a bullet. Wouldn't mind him in the midfield more delivering into 50. Gets another year for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This blokes left foot is a bullet. Wouldn't mind him in the midfield more delivering into 50. Gets another year for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's got a very good right foot as well. It's not just his disposal as well, his vision and decision making is very good. Surely stays on the list.

This bloke is growing on me. He's like a Dale Morris quiet achiever. He might not get many possessions but I don't think any if his opponents will either. Going along well quietly. Does the basics very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I'm starting to believe in this kid.
He's got that concentration level that the best backmen need, similar to Morris, and his kicking is great.
Really like him :thumbsu:

Would keep Prudden before Darley . Its fairly simple ,he is just a better footballer and I think the club will be thinking the same.

Needs 20 games to really build up his confidence as a rebounder.
If he can get back to the creativity he showed earlier in his time at the Bulldogs (albeit at VFL level) we've found one.
Definitely played himself into a contract extension though - the way he plays gave us the luxury of subbing off Moyd for a rest.

His bullet left foot was on show a couple of times yesterday. Also kicked with his right too. Surely he is next in line when Moyd retires.

Prudden does look very composed and has neat skills off the HBF. Never going to be a star (imo), but could be one of those solid, reliable guys that coaches love. I'm still calling for him to be sent back to the VFL this week, purely because we have great depth and guys coming in who I feel are better suited to what we need / want to get going before finals (Hamling, Jong).

I'm just going to reiterate that Beveridge and the staff will have some very tough decisions at the end of the year. Neither Darley, nor Prudden deserve to be de-listed, but I feel one will. I'm not getting caught up in the "weak draft" talk, there will be players all the way to pick 60 and I don't want to restrict the amount of picks Dal has at grabbing some more gems.

Prudden does look very composed and has neat skills off the HBF. Never going to be a star (imo), but could be one of those solid, reliable guys that coaches love. I'm still calling for him to be sent back to the VFL this week, purely because we have great depth and guys coming in who I feel are better suited to what we need / want to get going before finals (Hamling, Jong).

I'm just going to reiterate that Beveridge and the staff will have some very tough decisions at the end of the year. Neither Darley, nor Prudden deserve to be de-listed, but I feel one will. I'm not getting caught up in the "weak draft" talk, there will be players all the way to pick 60 and I don't want to restrict the amount of picks Dal has at grabbing some more gems.

Surely after two injury riddled seasons, Prudden deserves to be on the list with what he has shown in his 4 games. At 21 he would be a better bet than a 3rd-4th round pick (though Dal can find them). Darley off list. I would consider putting him on the rookie list.

Big up to JP. I'm not massive on him but he's a goer and is improving each week. He's more value than a 3rd/4th rounder in the draft right now so he stays on for mine. Good work Quasimodo.

Prudden has shown enough to me that he's up to it and I think he has more upside to come. Barely had a pre season yet and has more to give as an inside midfielder yet. His ability to handball whilst being tackled and then to still be able to find a team mate in space is special. Would keep him on the list for sure.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back