Ciarán Sheehan ( Rookie) signs with the Blues - post #61

Remove this Banner Ad

If his first game is any indication, can't see why he won't cement a place next year sometime. The homesick thing will always be an issue and going back to play elite level GA has already been confirmed by 2E so that too might may be a hurdle for us keeping Sheehan. Already kicks like a natural - it's unbelievable really. I liken it to all of a sudden trying to play snooker with scones.

Not just elite kickings but very calm and compose in forward 50 entrees to Waite and White, may just need to bounce like a pro..:D:D:D

If his first game is any indication, can't see why he won't cement a place next year sometime. The homesick thing will always be an issue and going back to play elite level GA has already been confirmed by 2E so that too might may be a hurdle for us keeping Sheehan. Already kicks like a natural - it's unbelievable really. I liken it to all of a sudden trying to play snooker with scones.
Zac has mentioned a number of time how he would prefer to play GA but couldn't have the lifestyle he has here..

I get the feeling he is not going to go back until his career is pretty much over here.

Biggest worry with Sheehan is his girlfriend is back in Ireland.

Zac has mentioned a number of time how he would prefer to play GA but couldn't have the lifestyle he has here..

I get the feeling he is not going to go back until his career is pretty much over here.

Biggest worry with Sheehan is his girlfriend is back in Ireland.
Sheehan said his gf is only back in Ireland for exams. She moved out with him at the start of the year and I'd assume is coming back when her exams are done.

Link
Malthouse said Sheehan’s debut had inspired the whole club.

“For all those times you think [football is] harrowing and holds you back and you go over and over it, a little door opens and someone puts their foot in there and slams it open. Jumps through the middle and says I want to play league football.

“I don’t think we can underestimate the impact he’s had on the football club. The place is very good at the moment, it’s a great place to be.”

“I don’t think we understand the magnitude of where he’s come from," Malthouse said. "He’s a young man who came across with Zach Tuohy, (who) had better credentials.

“He regularly gets a, a little, what do you call those little things, they’re way out of my league as far as technology goes, you plug them into your computer and there’s 3000 games on them."

“USB stick! He’ll watch one of those games per week. He just takes it up there and watches someone else's game, on top of his own footage. The focus and his concentration to want to be an elite footballer is fantastic.“
It must be galling for recruiters and clubs to draft a natural footballer, only to see them cut due to a lack of interest in being a professional athlete.

Another sparkling performance last night, think we have found a gem in Ciaran, must play for the rest of the season, Mick thinks he is a beauty as well, can't speak highly enough of him.

I agree with some journos assertion that we can take more out of this season, then last year, when we won a final, we have discovered Dylan Buckley can seriously play, Menzel is going to be some kind of super star, and Ciaran Sheehan is just another unexpected bonus :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another sparkling performance last night, think we have found a gem in Ciaran, must play for the rest of the season, Mick thinks he is a beauty as well, can't speak highly enough of him.

I agree with some journos assertion that we can take more out of this season, then last year, when we won a final, we have discovered Dylan Buckley can seriously play, Menzel is going to be some kind of super star, and Ciaran Sheehan is just another unexpected bonus :)

Not to mention Rowe, Bell and Everitt all look like they belong in the top 22.
Daisy getting back to full fitness and should be cherry ripe next year.
Yarran and Gibbs taking their output to new levels.
Cripps, Docherty showing enough to suggest they'll be players.

Definitely taking more out of this season than last!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back