Cider Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone like Dirt Granny?

Funny story with it. Last year drove up to Grafton with the girlfriend to her grand parents, one night was bored her grandfather watches ABC news 24, 24 hours a day, so I went out, got a few drinks and came back with "Dirty Granny's" was I the bad egg, I had to remove all the labels before they were allowed in the fridge.

Anyone like Dirt Granny?

Funny story with it. Last year drove up to Grafton with the girlfriend to her grand parents, one night was bored her grandfather watches ABC news 24, 24 hours a day, so I went out, got a few drinks and came back with "Dirty Granny's" was I the bad egg, I had to remove all the labels before they were allowed in the fridge.

Haha..pretty funny. Actually do rate them as a cider.

Somersby's Cider.. quite possibly the best tasting alcoholic drink i have ever had in my mouth, get around it :thumbsu:

Aspell's in their wine-like bottle also go down a treat.

Pipsqueak i have now coined as "devil-juice".. as i dont think a night has ever ended in a normal fashion when i start out on that stuff.. dunno what it is about it, but seems to cook my brain faster than other drinks :D

Somersby is never in stock. Whenever I see it I buy a carton/the 10-pack. I like apple juice and I like cheap alcohol = the perfect drink.

^^ yep... found a carton of stubbies at a bottle O somewhere around Claremont by a minor miracle, but yeah those 10 pack cans seem to be the most common way they are sold

The 10-pack will be phased out soonish I think. More of a promotional thing to get the word out with super cheap deals.

Cheeky Rascal cider has something like 3.5 standard drinks to a bottle, so just under double that to a pint.

I'm a big fan of Bulmers on tap, and the cloudy 5 Seeds from the Bottle Shop.

Magners and Bulmers were my drink of choice when i was in Scotland. Strongbow there is horrid. I was taken in by the slick marketing campaign of Stella Artois's Cidre. I so wish I had not been. When I was in the States I had a few local varieties but buggered if I can remember what any of them were called (might be because they were THAT good.........or maybe because they were horrid and I wanted to forget.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rekorderlig
goes down way too easy
in 500ml bottles and they last about ohh 15 mins during the summer
pear
strawberry and lime the two favs

not cheap tho

but they taste like cordial

actually u can taste the vodka a little
i like em
only tried them once which was the summer just gone

i hardly buy grog
dont need to

The first one I had I thought wow. The second was just too sugary.

May be they are as you describe, a nice summers afternoon refresher

agreed they are a tad sweet
was a stinking hot day and someone recommended it to try at work as, like we are doing here, we were rolling off all the ciders that peeps have tried so i boltled to the Bottle O that saturday and grabbed two cartons.
the company i work for used to do a premix cider but it was delisted a long time ago

Time for a bump because the much talked about, much loved, tassie only, taken off the market MERCURY BLACK is back on the market.

6.9%, in a can (only disappointment), but its back and very nice.

I drank Mercury for years but never seen a black one. That's like 4 colours then

Never seen that stuff before, will have to keep a look out for it. Used to drink the dry a fair bit.

I usually go cheap and pick up Somersby or Castaway, they're not fantastic but for the price you can't complain. There's a winery in the Barossa called Kellermeister who do a "Boots Cider" that's fantastic. There's a few odd ones out there too that are good to try out, I'm waiting for this to appear at the local bottle-o......

10410900_772330592834189_5205704805074439288_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back